Author Topic: Ticketmaster finally going down?  (Read 14672 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: Ticketmaster finally going down?
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2023, 02:00:05 PM »
Hey all. Question.

I need to get rid of two sets of tickets to different shows, both of which are happening in August.

But so far, TM hasn't turned on the resell option (I am guessing that's the promoter). How long does it usually take before they allow people to sell tickets? I have an extra set of Extreme/Living Colour tickets I need to part with, and then another event. So I am out about $700 I'd like to recoup.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2023, 02:50:11 PM »
I would think they would allow people to re-sell tickets on Ticketmaster at this point if that's where you bought them from.  Otherwise, look to see if you are able to transfer them on the ticketmaster app, and relist them on sites like Stubhub, Tickpick, Seatgeek, etc.  Note that I think something passed within a year or so where if you do sell tickets, you need to fill out a form on the website you sold the tickets from that requires you to provide your SSN number due to tax reasons.  I know I relisted tickets and would have gotten $30.00 back a few months ago, but Ticketmaster asked me that I need to fill something that requires putting in my SSN number and I'm like, "Nahhh, I don't trust Ticketmaster or any resale with this info.  That's just a $30.00 loss to me I guess.  A good life lesson to pay, I guess."

https://business.ticketmaster.com/business-solutions/2023-us-tax-law-updates-you-need-to-know/

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2023, 03:01:24 PM »
Thanks. I'll look into it.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2023, 03:05:00 PM »
Yeah, I think if you make more than $600 (total for the year)on resale it is considered revenue, and you'll need to pay taxes on it.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2023, 03:36:57 PM »
Hey all. Question.

I need to get rid of two sets of tickets to different shows, both of which are happening in August.

But so far, TM hasn't turned on the resell option (I am guessing that's the promoter). How long does it usually take before they allow people to sell tickets? I have an extra set of Extreme/Living Colour tickets I need to part with, and then another event. So I am out about $700 I'd like to recoup.

Lately for certain shows, Ticketmaster hasn't provided the option to resale or transfer tickets until 2 days before the show.  This was the case for my Spiritbox ticket.  I eventually transfered it even though someone purchased it on stubhub a month earlier.  There's an option, in stubhub at least, to say the tickets will be available to transfer at a later date when you create a listing.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2023, 07:51:43 AM »
Appreciate the responses. I've sold on TM previously a number of times, but usually the resale button is active a month before the shows. For example, I had a spare set of tickets to Alter Bridge in Seattle, and to Helloween in LA, and I sold those a month prior to both gigs. Here we are, now less than a month before this last show (one of them a buddy took and I'll transfer) I need to get rid of, and I can't list it on TM.

I have second set of tickets for Extreme/Living Colour in Reno. Good ones. 6th row, on the aisle (I went back on right after I bought em, and got a better set that was third row on the aisle that included souncheck and some other things). I need to get rid of them. Don't want to make a profit, and I'll even eat the charges. So if anyone in Nor Cal/Northern Nevada is planning to attend and want good seats, I'm your guy. It is on Friday, August 25.

Be easier for me to just put em up on TM, so I am hoping that gets turned on soon. But if it's two days before, I doubt I'll have trouble. I'm not looking to make a dime.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2024, 11:13:55 AM »
https://metalinjection.net/news/us-department-of-justice-reportedly-preparing-to-sue-live-nation-over-breaking-antitrust-laws
I'm sure this will make things better.  :rollin

In truth, the event space thing is problematic. That's entirely LN, though. Ticketmaster is an entirely different matter, and it has nothing to do with LN's ownership. There are things that need to be done with TM, but they need to be addressed separately from the myriad problems with the LN behemoth. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson