Author Topic: 2011-10-02 - Rosemont Theatre - Chicago, IL  (Read 30827 times)

Offline Pilotof02

Re: 2011-10-02 - Rosemont Theatre - Chicago, IL
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
Sooooooooo, I'm going :D
But I'm busing it up from kansas city to see them. None of my friends like DT, so I'm coming up alone :(
Is anyone going to the show in the chicago area that'd be cool with letting me crash on their couch after the show? I'm planning on getting a hotel room if I have to. But it'd be just super easier if someone would be cool to help me out.

My facebook is https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1296210061&sk=info 

If anyone is cool with hanging out before or after the show, just send me a message. I don't know anyone in chicago and I'm kinda nervous about going on my own. But Dream Theater live is enough of an occasion for me to sack up and do something crazy like going to chicago by myself

Offline MetalJens

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2011, 11:02:58 PM »
Sooooooooo, I'm going :D
But I'm busing it up from kansas city to see them. None of my friends like DT, so I'm coming up alone :(
Is anyone going to the show in the chicago area that'd be cool with letting me crash on their couch after the show? I'm planning on getting a hotel room if I have to. But it'd be just super easier if someone would be cool to help me out.

I am also going alone, and I'm not even from the US :P (here on exchange)

Anyway, just wanted to mention I'm staying at the Chicago O'Hare Garden Hotel which is quite ok if you are looking for something cheap (around $50 for a single room) that is relatively near Rosemont Theatre (7 min walk to the metro, one stop to Rosemont, and then another 10 min walk or so from there I think..)

I would be up for hanging out, but I got a Meet & Greet ticket for the concert though :P

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2011, 01:56:11 PM »
MetalJens,

I'll be at the Meet & Greet.  I think I'm going to where a Dio memorial shirt.  I've got shoulder length hair, 6 feet tall.  Say hi if you see me.  Same for anyone else.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »
Less than 24 hours! I'll leaving Ohio at like 10am EST and I'm hoping to get to Chicago by 4pm CT.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2011, 05:49:46 PM »
Man this show is going to be so epic, I cannot contain my excitement.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2011, 06:04:29 PM »
I are excite. Will be taking the train and hanging out in Millennium Park, in case anyone else is there. Btw, do we know more or less what time the concert will end? 10:30 PM?
Crossing bridges in the sky.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »
I'd say 11:15 or 11:30

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2011, 06:16:44 PM »
Really? DT is playing for 3hr then? If it ends at 11:15, i will probably have to miss the encore :(

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »
Really? DT is playing for 3hr then? If it ends at 11:15, i will probably have to miss the encore :(
Trivium plays from 8:00-8:45 and then DT plays from 9:15:11:15 (est.)

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »
EST is the chicago time zone? Sorry, it's because the tickets I bought online say it starts at 7:00 pm, but it didn't say from what zone, so I am confused.
Either way, I will probably arrive way earlier than the actual concert time.

EDIT: CDT is the Chicago time. So it starts at 7, should end at 10:15 - 10:30 in CDT time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:20:38 PM by Rafael Guerra »

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
EST is the chicago time zone? Sorry, it's because the tickets I bought online say it starts at 7:00 pm, but it didn't say from what zone, so I am confused.

EDIT: CDT is the Chicago time. So it starts at 7, should end at 10:15 - 10:30 in CDT time.
est is estimated.

doors at 7, show at 8, dt at 9:15, show ends at 11:15. all chicago time

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »

est is estimated.

doors at 7, show at 8, dt at 9:15, show ends at 11:15. all chicago time
Hm...I see. Ok then, if that's the case, I will probably have to leave after The Great Debate (more or less), but oh well, seeing These Walls, BITS, BMUBMD, FFH, Endless Sacrifice will be more than worth it! Next time they come, I hopefully will have a car.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2011, 07:38:29 AM »
I'm leaving about 20 minutes for this show. Just a little over a 7 hour drive ahead of me.  :metal

Offline MetalJens

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »

Hm...I see. Ok then, if that's the case, I will probably have to leave after The Great Debate (more or less), but oh well, seeing These Walls, BITS, BMUBMD, FFH, Endless Sacrifice will be more than worth it! Next time they come, I hopefully will have a car.

It says in the M&G initiery that Trivium is on 7:15 and DT 8:30* (8:40-8:45 is more probable), so I think it will end before 11 pm, probably around 10.45

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »

It says in the M&G initiery that Trivium is on 7:15 and DT 8:30* (8:40-8:45 is more probable), so I think it will end before 11 pm, probably around 10.45
This seems more probable. The tickets say the show starts at seven, which in every concert I've been to signifies when the opening act begins.

Offline Glassmoon85

• Die-hard fan since 2005!
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2011, 03:18:49 PM »
Leaving soon! Look for me with a very stunning woman, and my brother who looks like Jesus, lol.

Lets RAWWWWK!!!
Sun, come shine my way, make healing waters bury all my pain. Wind, carry me home. The fabric of reality is tearing apart. The piece of me that died, will return, to live again.And at last the time has come, to unite again as one. To the power of the Earth, I'm calling. Crossing bridges in the sky, on the journey to renew my life. Shaman, take my haaaaaand!

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2011, 11:56:33 PM »
There are no bad seats.
Having just gotten back from the event, I can say with certainty that this was a lie.

Offline jyoung320

• Trapped inside this OCTOQUARIUM! (Misheard lyrics)
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
There are no bad seats.
Having just gotten back from the event, I can say with certainty that this was a lie.

Usually no one stands. So, there are no bad seats per se. But Dream Theater killed tonight. You might have seen me. I was the guy in the wheelchair air drumming with a Dream Theater poster on the first floor last row.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2011, 12:49:51 AM »
I have seen Dream Theater 6 times and this was by far the best.  James even did some jumps off of the drum riser.  At one point during Caught in a Web, James's voice cracked which just made him sing with such brutal intensity to get him back on track it was awesome.  He also hit a wicked ass note I think during Build Me Up, Break Me Down. 

I was second row dead center.  To my left was a guy and his girlfriend and the three of us were jumping up and down, pumping our fists, and banging our heads through the whole concert.  The few times I looked around, people were into it, but I think we may have stood out.  It was a BIG theater and while they had part of the balcony closed off, most of the seats were full.  It was a huge stage too. 

I might write up a more thorough review but man...THEY...WERE...BEYOND...AMAZING!

Offline Resonate

« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2011, 01:13:38 AM »
James even did some jumps off of the drum riser. 

I really hope that shows up on You Tube!  :yarr :metal

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2011, 01:27:51 AM »
Just got back.  Absolutely amazing show, everyone was on fire, Mangini fucking own the joint and the crowd was with the band the whole night.  Here's the setlist (the exact sequence might be a little off, but I am 100% certain these are all the right songs):

Bridges in the Sky
These Walls
Build Me Up, Break Me Down
Endless Sacrifice
Drum Solo
Ytse Jam
Wait for Sleep
Far From Heaven
Great Debate
On the Backs of Angels
Caught in a Web
Piano Solo/ Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Breaking All Illusions

:Encore:

Pull Me Under

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

:EDIT:  I double checked the setlist, and while I did indeed have all the correct songs, OTBOA and CIAW were actually earlier in the set then I had initially posted.  My setlist above has been adjusted accordingly.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:24:52 PM by The Dark Master »

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2011, 01:29:53 AM »
Wow a piano solo before Through My Words?

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2011, 01:33:37 AM »
Wow a piano solo before Through My Words?

A rather short one, certainly not a full blown JR solo spot, but yeah, he did do a nice little 1 or 2 minute piano solo before the actual song kicked in.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2011, 03:09:29 AM »
AMAZING SHOW!!!! Wow, I am stunned at how amazing this performace was. Trivium kicked ass too, after the show wet met Trivium and talked to them for a good hour or so, very sweet guys. Then we met Dream Theater  :hefdaddy............but no Mangini.......the dude snuck out way before we all started waiting so after we met the other 4 guys we were waiting for him but the buses rolled out  :tdwn. Oh well.....4 out of 5 ain't bad. Next time it will kick ass!!!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2011, 03:35:30 AM »
Ooh, I feel the transition from OTBOA to BAI is amazing. Can't wait for some videos.  ;D

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2011, 03:39:00 AM »
A pirate, a ninja, a magician, a genie and a caveman walk into a theater...

Well I don't how the joke ends, but DREAM THEATER OWNED MY SOUL!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2011, 08:29:51 AM »
Trivium is playing Chicago and Royal Oak. That is 100% certain.

I'm not going to continue to argue, but DT.net says Trivium isn't playing those shows. I don't care what Trivium says, it is DT's tour I would assume they know who is opening for their band.
Exactly where does it say on DT.net that that show is without Trivium? I see that the listings for the Chicago and Royal Oaks show don't contain the "with Trivium" modifier, but that doesn't equate to "without Trivium".

Yes, because the ones with them say, "With Trivium". Same with Salt Lake City, Philly, Washington D.C. and Atlanta, The three Florida dates and Dallas. But, if something has changed and no one has updated anything and no new news has been spoken of it, i'm sticking to those assumed facts.
Look here. https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161416

The dates listed here are the first dates that were released; if you remember, they were sort of released in two waves, with the remaining dates being released at a later time (for whatever reason). You'll notice that all the dates which were initially released have the tag "with Trivium" and all those that were released later don't have it. I personally find it much more likely that whoever posted these second dates on the DT.net website simply neglected to put on them the "with Trivium" tag that were on the earlier dates than that whoever posted the tour dates on Trivium's website posted 10+ dates that they weren't actually playing. Don't you?

Nugget!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »
Trivium was everything I hate about metal.  The screams and constant thrashing.  For me some of this is ok but not all the time.  I noticed there were a few people enjoying it so I tried.  To each his own I guess, if you like it, cool.

DT was awesome, couldn't have been better!  The set list was great and I thought the songs all flowed well together.

I have to say something that lots of others have been saying.  They really looked like they were having fun.  All the band members seem to genuinely be enjoying themselves.

At the end of the show JP actually got down on the stage and arm wrestled a fan! 

Offline ironhead

« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »
What a fantastic show.  The band was spot on and seemed to really be enjoying themselves.  Mangini is a phenom.  Incredible setlist. 

I was sitting near the back of the place...  Some guy was walking out of the show during On The Backs Of Angels and gave me and my buddy his 5th row tickets because he had to leave...  I doubt he'll ever see this, but I want to say TTTHAAAAAAANNNNKKK  YYYOOOOOUUUU!!!!!  You are the best ever.   :hefdaddy

Best night ever.  Seriously.    :metal

Offline Sean Ashe

« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »
I was there, great show.  I was 20th row center.  Some of you may have seen me, I guarantee I was the only person there who was a ginger with a red fro...  Anyway great show, my 2nd time seeing DT.  I saw them at PN09 and that was nothing compared to this.  I didn't like Trivium, but I have to say their bass player looked like one of those characters you can chose to play on guitar hero lol. 

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2011, 09:57:59 AM »
Spectacular show! Loved Trivium and loved infinitely more Dream Theater. Since it ended at 10:30pm, i was able to see everything. The theater was great, I met a lot of fans and one of them even bought me a DT can opener. I personally wish the crowd was more active (when I went to the concert in Venezuela, things were very different) because DT deserved it, but I don't blame anyone because their playing is truly hypnotizing. The lights, props and performance were incredible and I am truly convinced that JLB is better than ever. He absolutely nailed every song, was loud and clear, and engaged the audience very well. It took me 3hr to get there and 3hr to come back...I have a sore throat and no voice, but it was totally worth it. Cool story, bro, I know...but you guys probably know how exciting it is to come back from such a great experience.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »
Trivium was everything I hate about metal.  The screams and constant thrashing.  For me some of this is ok but not all the time.  I noticed there were a few people enjoying it so I tried.  To each his own I guess, if you like it, cool.

I was part of the crowd in the center off to the left thrashing like mad men standing the entire time. I'm glad you gave it a try, but it's ok if it's not your thing. Like you said to; each his own.
Fuck yeah Dream Theater!!

o/

Offline kefka

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2011, 11:08:50 AM »
At the end of the show JP actually got down on the stage and arm wrestled a fan!

awesome.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
There are no bad seats.

Sorry about that.  I've been there a few times and have never had a problem seeing the stage.

Offline jyoung320

• Trapped inside this OCTOQUARIUM! (Misheard lyrics)
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2011, 11:39:40 AM »
I was there, great show.  I was 20th row center.  Some of you may have seen me, I guarantee I was the only person there who was a ginger with a red fro...  Anyway great show, my 2nd time seeing DT.  I saw them at PN09 and that was nothing compared to this.  I didn't like Trivium, but I have to say their bass player looked like one of those characters you can chose to play on guitar hero lol.

Yeah, I saw you. I was buying a shirt next to you in merchandise lol!