Author Topic: 2011-09-25 - Nokia Theater - Los Angeles, CA  (Read 59649 times)

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2011-09-25 - Nokia Theater - Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2011, 08:09:53 PM »
Awesome review!!  Thanks

Offline Vlasto

• The DAY is nigh...
  • DT.net Veteran
  • John,14-6
« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2011, 03:56:16 PM »
excellently edited video...and I'm curious why the audio track here sounds even better than on CD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CeAcTXCLpk&feature=player_embedded#!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »
excellently edited video...and I'm curious why the audio track here sounds even better than on CD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CeAcTXCLpk&feature=player_embedded#!

So Epic
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2011, 02:35:20 AM »
Wow, I love how the back of my head is all over that video.  I'm the guy in front moving like a spaz through the whole song (can you blame me?).

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: October 08, 2011, 09:49:13 AM »
Wow, I love how the back of my head is all over that video.  I'm the guy in front moving like a spaz through the whole song (can you blame me?).

2nd row???  If so...that was me filming your head.... :lol

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #286 on: October 08, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
Yep, thats me.  I think I remember you and your girl behind me.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #287 on: October 11, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »
Yep, thats me.  I think I remember you and your girl behind me.

I'm downloading the full version of BITS now.... so we'll get to see some more of your out of control antics... ;)   :metal :metal :metal

Offline joerockt

« Reply #288 on: October 11, 2011, 03:57:34 PM »
Hey guys, anyone else here get the iloveallaccess.com tickets?  Did you get your t-shrit(s) yet? 

Its been 2 weeks and no shirts yet for me.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: October 11, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
Hey guys, anyone else here get the iloveallaccess.com tickets?  Did you get your t-shrit(s) yet? 

I sent them an email 3 days ago, they promptly responded with this......

We are hoping to get those shirts this coming week and to get them out once we receive them.  We're looking forward to getting them to you very shortly.

We thank you for your continued patience.

YOUR I LOVE ALL ACCESS TEAM

Offline joerockt

« Reply #290 on: October 11, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »

I sent them an email 3 days ago, they promptly responded with this......

We are hoping to get those shirts this coming week and to get them out once we receive them.  We're looking forward to getting them to you very shortly.

We thank you for your continued patience.

YOUR I LOVE ALL ACCESS TEAM

Cool, thank you sir...

Offline joerockt

« Reply #291 on: October 12, 2011, 08:12:58 AM »
fyi:

Joe,

A majority of the shirts has been sent out & the remainder is going out today.

Your package should arrive by the end of next week at the latest.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

YOUR VIP Nation TEAM

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »
fyi:

Joe,

A majority of the shirts has been sent out & the remainder is going out today.

Your package should arrive by the end of next week at the latest.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

YOUR VIP Nation TEAM

Got mine today   ;D

Offline rcseeley421

« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
Pictures?

Offline Locke

« Reply #294 on: October 13, 2011, 03:18:28 AM »
Sorry if this seems late, but my experience at the L.A. show was weird. I usually attend shows in Phoenix, but since I thought they wouldn’t show, I decided to take my chances in L.A.

The band performed wonderfully and it definitely made me smile. As for the crowd … I was in the 5th row on the left section of the pit. Everyone was pretty much dead, and / or sitting down and looking at the ground. Someone around us started smoking weed as the lights went out.

There were these people in front of me who talked (loudly) during Wait for Sleep, so that kinda ruined the song for me. There were also a lot of people text messaging or not paying attention (especially during the newer songs) and would only rock out to certain songs. Some girl next to us was club dancing the whole time. My girlfriend and I assumed she didn’t know what was going on because she continued to dance like that during Mangini’s solo. As long as you are having fun, right? lol…

I think there were about 3-4 people in the whole section (including me) rocking out the whole time.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2011, 03:05:19 AM »
Sorry if this seems late, but my experience at the L.A. show was weird. I usually attend shows in Phoenix, but since I thought they wouldn’t show, I decided to take my chances in L.A.

The band performed wonderfully and it definitely made me smile. As for the crowd … I was in the 5th row on the left section of the pit. Everyone was pretty much dead, and / or sitting down and looking at the ground. Someone around us started smoking weed as the lights went out.

There were these people in front of me who talked (loudly) during Wait for Sleep, so that kinda ruined the song for me. There were also a lot of people text messaging or not paying attention (especially during the newer songs) and would only rock out to certain songs. Some girl next to us was club dancing the whole time. My girlfriend and I assumed she didn’t know what was going on because she continued to dance like that during Mangini’s solo. As long as you are having fun, right? lol…

I think there were about 3-4 people in the whole section (including me) rocking out the whole time.

I was at the show too.. and I'm just gonna tell you.. people from LA are fucking stupid. I mean, I'm from Burbank, and the people here are stupid, but the people who live in LA think they have some sort of lifestyle to live up to. It's pretty pathetic. LA fucking sucks.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2011, 03:18:02 AM »
My rocking made up for a lot of the wankers.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2011, 07:43:57 AM »
 My little group was rocking out 90% of the time... (Nothing is better than a 5 man head bang during Pull Me Under with 4 of your closest buds)

And I was singing... everything... I am the type of guy people hate to be around when taking vids...

But yea most of the crowd were very tame. I don't get how someone can go see DREAM MOTHERFUCKING THEATER and be all  :|
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• EB
« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2011, 11:42:52 AM »
Went to this show, didn't have any cash for a shirt. Going to the Anaheim show tomorrow - anyone know how much the shirts are?
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2011, 11:54:23 AM »
mine was like 40  for a xxl

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: December 01, 2011, 11:55:06 AM »
35 for normal sizes... 40 for fat people like me

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• EB
« Reply #301 on: December 01, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »
35 for normal sizes... 40 for fat people like me

haha. I think 35 is a bit pricy.. I'll probably do it anyway though..

It's not as bad as Van Halen's last tour.. $45!

..crooks..

:lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
Well Petrucci  needs the funds to transport small live mammals to eat during the tour

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• EB
« Reply #303 on: December 01, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »
Well if that's the case then I'll gladly fork over the 35 bucks.

Money well spent.