Author Topic: What is the capacity of the venues Dream Theater are playing?  (Read 12422 times)

Offline Lotion

Re: What's the capacity of the venues DT are playing?
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »
I'm suprised that one of the biggest venues they're playing is in norway. Considering the population is almost the same as just in LA.

Not even that :P We are around 5 million people.

However, DT usually play at a somewhat smaller (9,000) venue here, but I believe that was already booked for the date DT wanted it this time. I've been to their last four shows in Norway and usually they draw around 5,000, so they are not going to sell out the 13k arena  :sadpanda:

According to Wiki there's about 4million people in LA. Anyways, Oslo Spektrum takes around 8000 people, and they usually end up between 5,500 and 7,000 people. I don't see how they would be anywhere near selling out Valhall, they also increased the ticketprice with 150 kroner(30$). I hope they will set up lots of beer and merchandise stands to fill the empty space, so it doesn't look so empty at the concert.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »
According to Wiki there's about 4million people in LA.

You're looking at LA city limits only which is a very small part of the Metropolitan area, which in 2009 had a population of 17.6 million, which makes it the second largest city in the U.S. Take a look at an LA map. They don't call it the endless suburb for nothing.  ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »
The Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver has a maximum capacity of 2,929. The show was not sold out, but at a guess I'd say it was at around 80% of it's capacity for the DT show.

Offline Lotion

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 08:32:10 AM »
According to Wiki there's about 4million people in LA.

You're looking at LA city limits only which is a very small part of the Metropolitan area, which in 2009 had a population of 17.6 million, which makes it the second largest city in the U.S. Take a look at an LA map. They don't call it the endless suburb for nothing.  ;)

Yeah, American geography is not my thing. Was just thinking of comparing LA's population to Norway's, and that's what wiki said. My bad!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
Kingsbury Hall in SLC should be corrected to 1992

See the link referenced in this post:
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=28340.msg1083825#msg1083825
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2011, 05:33:20 AM »
Both Balboa Theater and Mesa Arts Center got 1,600 seats.

Offline AtmosphericV

• wilderness
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »
wow crazy small venues!!! Hey I thought they had fans in the US!
Everyone knows its Butters!

Offline AtmosphericV

• wilderness
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 06:20:53 PM »
why dont they play at Radio City Music Hall in NY??
Everyone knows its Butters!