Author Topic: Avantasia  (Read 773 times)

Offline Ħ

Avantasia
« on: July 29, 2011, 03:53:12 PM »
Anyone else a fan?  I tried using the search function, but couldn't find a thread on them.  I just listened to Scarecrow and I'm totally hooked.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Tripp

• "Just because I OD'ed doesn't mean I do drugs"
Re: Avantasia
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »
I actually know quite a few people that know about them, and love them. I've tried to get into their stuff, but I just couldn't. Who knows though, I may just decide to check them out again one day soon and maybe they'll click for me. I'll probably check this thread on a regular basis for song suggestions for first time listeners..
hi

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »
If you like The Scarecrow you better check out their first two albums. First class power metal :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »
I liked Metal Opera I a few years ago, and even back then I found it dangerously cheesy. I don't really care for it anymore. The song Scarecrow is awesome though. His new stuff sounds too much like Bon Jovi.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
I've had the Scarecrow for a long time and have always liked it
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 10:39:59 PM »
Loved the first two, simply because, damnit, there's always some room for some cheesy power metal and those bring in in spades. "The Seven Angels" from the second CD might be the uncrowned king of cheesy power metal, with an all star line up of vocalists to boot. Kind of soured on the later stuff, same with latter day Edguy, for that matter. Tobias Sammnet does power metal GOOD. AOR/hard rock, now...doesn't work for me.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.