Author Topic: Improv in The Count of Tuscany  (Read 1698 times)

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
Improv in The Count of Tuscany
« on: August 05, 2011, 06:37:16 AM »
What do you think of John and Jordan's improvisation in the soft/middle spacey part of TCOT during the recent tour? Like Jordan playing Mozart etc.

I saw this on this video from Athens, just 3 days ago in their next last show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oIvlrFVkcU

I think the improvisation was good,  and I see this section of the song as a perfect opportunity for experimentation.

Offline Metropolis pt.-1

Re: Improv in The Count of Tuscany
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »
I like it. It makes a change to hear them play different melodies during that section. Sometimes I think the ones that they've played live have been more interesting than those that they recorded!

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Re: Improv in The Count of Tuscany
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »
What do you think of John and Jordan's improvisation in the soft/middle spacey part of TCOT during the recent tour? Like Jordan playing Mozart etc.

I saw this on this video from Athens, just 3 days ago in their next last show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oIvlrFVkcU

I think the improvisation was good,  and I see this section of the song as a perfect opportunity for experimentation.

I am a fan of live improvisations. This one is amazing, love it!

I like it. It makes a change to hear them play different melodies during that section. Sometimes I think the ones that they've played live have been more interesting than those that they recorded!

This is also why the most interesting DT live shows are often found at or near the end of their legs, like this one. Once things get well reharsed and the bands gets comfortable, the guys tend to add some embellishments and improvised jams like this!

:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco