Author Topic: 2011-09-24 - Warfield Theater - San Francisco, CA  (Read 82345 times)

Offline calluos

2011-09-24 - Warfield Theater - San Francisco, CA
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:31:56 PM »
https://www.goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=32723?CFC=AEGLIVE_ENEWSSFO072711AEG001

Question: What's the chance that floor is going to sell out? Planning to go to the box office maybe next Sunday to grab a floor ticket, but will just get it online if it'll sell out fast. Any advice?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:47:25 PM by cyberdrummer »

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Re: 2011-09-24 The Warfield - San Francisco, CA
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »
A dramatic tour of events.

lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
Re: 2011-09-24 - Warfield Theater - San Francisco, CA
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:12:34 AM »
Got my ticket, sec LL3 Row AA

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 12:44:41 PM »
I need to get my new glasses before this show!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 04:10:13 AM »
I love that the description is on about Octavarium  :lol

Offline willy_jones

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
Got them, through Ticketmaster general public sale (went on this morning at 10)! 2 General Admission. Can't wait!!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »
I love that the description is on about Octavarium  :lol

That's the bio that's currently featured in dt.net  :lol

ITCHY CAN'T FACE THEY'VE MOVED ON AND RELEASED 3 MORE ALBUMS SINCE THEN.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »
:caffeine:

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »
Lucky guys in SF will surely see some new songs played for the very first time ever.  Any speculation as to which? 

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
Just got two tickets in the pit!!!   :metal  :metal  :metal  :metal

Offline Ħ

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 01:37:17 AM »
going
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
Lucky guys in SF will surely see some new songs played for the very first time ever.  Any speculation as to which? 
:hat

I'll let you know right after the show.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
After party/dinner at your restaurant?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »

Who are you going with?

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »

Who are you going with?

I don't know yet!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 09:54:45 PM »
:lol  Tell your dad he needs to go.  If he gets tired of the pit, he can come sit with me and H can go down in the pit with you for a while.  Either that or...uh...you know, like, hypothetically...you and Sara could get back together and you could take her.  Just sayin'.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 01:20:45 AM »
:lol  Tell your dad he needs to go.  If he gets tired of the pit, he can come sit with me and H can go down in the pit with you for a while.  Either that or...uh...you know, like, hypothetically...*garbled text*

I'll see if he's interested.  Oh, something was wrong with the last part of your message, might be forum problem.  You should get on that.  Just sayin'.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 01:23:46 AM »
I have no problem experiencing two seats at once.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Ħ

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 01:28:22 AM »
I wonder if the setlist will change from what they're playing in Europe?  I imagine it would, seeing as the album will be released by this point.  Not that I mind the current setlist (I haven't seen anything except Tuscany).

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 08:10:43 AM »
History has been the summer festival run has been to get their stage chops back. The US leg, is where they play a full production set with all the new material they had planned. But with the recent turn of events, it will be a bit different.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 08:11:53 AM »
History has been the summer festival run has been to get their stage chops back. The US leg, is where they play a full production set with all the new material they had planned. But with the recent turn of events, it will be a bit different.
Meaning....

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »
Look at the last 4 tours. They started on the Euro. festivals doing shortened sets of mostly songs they are already comfortable playing. Possibly playing one new song (OTBoA this tour, ANTR last tour). When they come to the US they have their normal touring stage production with their lights, screens and PA. They will then pull out all the new material that they plan on playing. The last tour was a bit of an anomaly as is was Prog Nation only. The original plan was to do a more traditional leg after PN09. The IM thing came up, then we all know what happened after that. But look at the tourography for TOT, 8V and SC you will see what I mean.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 08:24:09 AM »
Wait, so are you saying that this leg will or will not feature a significant amount of new material?

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 09:22:48 AM »
I would guess that the US leg will show at minimum 3 songs from the new album. As the tour goes on they might rotate in some more. But with the band stating the the set lists won't be changing much, this remains to be seen. We are in uncharted territory here.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »
Bought two tickets yesterday I am so happy. I got floor tickets row G1, seats 110-111. This will be my first DT concert, bringing a friend who doesn't know DT hope I get him into it.

Does anyone with experience with seeing DT know how the seating normally works? I got floor tickets assuming I'd be standing up but obviously they have row and seat numbers so we'll have chairs? Also for future reference is sitting up in the balconies a better experience or down on the floor?

What can I expect with Trivium playing before DT (concert length.) I hope DT plays for 2 hours.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »
For that venue, as I recall, it is a "standing-room only" pit in the very front, and then seated quite a ways back from that.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »
For that venue, as I recall, it is a "standing-room only" pit in the very front, and then seated quite a ways back from that.
That's how it was when I saw them there on the Six Degrees tour, about 20 "rows" worth of SRO, then seats. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
My place is a touch far from there, and might be closed after the show gets out.  Dinner will definately be a no-go, but a casual gathering, maybe.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »
What's that, lonestar?  You're going to prepare us food and bring it for a pre-show parking lot dinner?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »
What's that, lonestar?  It's your day off?  Go have someone cook for you, then come rock the fuck out with us at a killer concert. :metal

Thanks bud, will do. :tup
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:50:37 AM by lonestar »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 10:10:54 AM »
Well, coming from my neck of the woods, I'll pretty much be passing through your neck of the woods before crossing the Bay Bridge (yeah, it's a bit of a detour jumping off the freeway and driving all the way up University, but meh--details...).  So, yeah, I'm all in favor of your suggestion.  A bunch of us can just descend on the kitchen at the Clairmont a few hours before the show and cook you a killer meal on your day off.  Just be warned--I may go heavy on the bacon.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
Well, coming from my neck of the woods, I'll pretty much be passing through your neck of the woods before crossing the Bay Bridge (yeah, it's a bit of a detour jumping off the freeway and driving all the way up University, but meh--details...).  So, yeah, I'm all in favor of your suggestion.  A bunch of us can just descend on the kitchen at the Clairmont a few hours before the show and cook you a killer meal on your day off.  Just be warned--I may go heavy on the bacon.

LOL at the thought of five DTFers running around the kitchen while the Mexican linecooks have guns in their mouths because THE PINCHE SONG WON'T END CABRON!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »
:rollin

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 12:05:25 AM »
I used to do it to my cooks at another place.  We'd take turns, and I'd put on some ten to twenty minute wankfest, and thrill at the sight of them becoming more and more uncomfortable.  Good times. :lol