Author Topic: What's going on here?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline AndyDT

What's going on here?
« on: July 21, 2011, 05:49:29 AM »
I've been out on a couple of dates with a woman but I'm not sure if the attraction is there. I like her and feel relaxed with her but part of me is telling me to go out with her because not going out with somebody then I've got to start looking again. Another part is saying "are you judging this by looks, who are you to judge". Any advice?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: What's going on here?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:10:51 AM »
Stop analyzing it so much.  Sure her looks drew you to her, it's one of the first things that dictates attraction.  If after time, she has nothing of substance to offer beneath the good looks, then yes, you'd be staying for good looks.  Don't worry why you're with her, just celebrate the fact that you ARE with her and enjoy it.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:40:24 AM »
Stop analyzing it so much.  Sure her looks drew you to her, it's one of the first things that dictates attraction.  If after time, she has nothing of substance to offer beneath the good looks, then yes, you'd be staying for good looks.  Don't worry why you're with her, just celebrate the fact that you ARE with her and enjoy it.
Thanks, but I mean I'm not sure if the attraction based on looks is there. But I suppose your answer still works.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 07:46:32 AM »
Ahhh, I see.  I thought you meant you were possibly judging based on an attraction to looks.  My bad.

One thing I have noticed in past relationships (and I've had other people echo this sentiment) is that if you start seeing someone who you initially didn't find to be really attractive, as you spend more time with them, get to know them more, etc. somehow, as if by magic, they start to actually look more attractive to you than they were to begin with.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:09:20 AM »
Andy, there is no perfect spouse out there.  We all have faults.  Simply said if it feels right after a month or two go with it.  If you have doubts, I'm guessing it won't work out and don't drag it out for her sake.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
Damn, this turned into a fogie thread quick.  I gotta agree with Coz, your overanylizing. Take time,enjoy her company, be natural. Answers will come at their own pace.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:01:46 AM »
Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll try to use it well.