Author Topic: 6:00 vocal cover  (Read 9173 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: 6:00 vocal cover
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2011, 03:52:25 AM »
The thing is, he isn't taking lessons. That's a crock.

This, yeah. If there's one thing I noticed about his posts it's that he's trying to "set up our mindset" towards liking his recordings. So, he tells us he takes lessons. He tells us he has a cold, that the microphone is making him sound bad, and this thread started with "OMG, I can't believe how bad I was last year, I totally hear it now", even though he made zero improvement. The idea that he now hears the mistakes he made last year but now no longer does them, is (as you say) crock. He's saying it so that, maybe, this new video will finally convince us of his singing. Because (and he displayed that notion in previous threads) I think he believes we're just too clueless to tell what's good and what's not. After all, he is a lead singer of a band! (he used that argument previously, as an indicator of quality)
I know I'm coming across as one mean person right now, but I personally believe that shaking a person out of their delusion is more beneficial than the "awww my little princess, you are a winner in my eyes!!" bullshit that's all too common these days.

rumborak
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 04:04:12 AM by rumborak »
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline latvianxave8

• Thou shalt not suck
  • Dethklok is the shit
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2011, 01:26:49 AM »
Like, there are parts that sound good, but there are parts that sound way off.  How about, instead of trying to cover the song start to finish, you break it up into chunks so you can perfect each part.

this

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »
Nicky, it's really nice to see you're accepting the criticism now. That's the way to improvement. :tup
No, actually learning how to sing is the way to improve. Accepting criticism won't do shit to improve his vocals. Sayin.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2011, 07:20:51 AM »
And of course, this formula:

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2011, 08:27:53 AM »
What do t and tal (I think that's how you say it) represent? :lol

Offline Ħ

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2011, 08:50:46 AM »
Rumborak knows what he's talking about.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2011, 09:26:09 AM »

They both are time.  t is the amount of time you spend on it, tal is time as a variable - I think.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2011, 10:11:56 AM »
Nicky, it's really nice to see you're accepting the criticism now. That's the way to improvement. :tup
No, actually learning how to sing is the way to improve. Accepting criticism won't do shit to improve his vocals. Sayin.
Well if he accepts criticism maybe he'll try to improve himself? Iunno, doesn't seem like it's working, but hopefully it does. :P

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »

It's "tau" (pronounced "tao").
Well, the formula describes your skill at time point "t", and you calculate it by adding all the Talent*Effort together from time 0 (presumably your birth) to the current time "t". For technical reasons of calculating this integral, you have to choose a different variable inside the integral, and for that one often uses the Greek equivalent of the Roman letter. So, for "t" I used Tau.

rumborak