Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 296179 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #2800 on: January 19, 2016, 04:18:12 PM »
@ Bosk... stay tuned.

@ TAC ... wrong company.  Take it to the DC thread.   :biggrin:  But no, neither of them is 'bad'... just different shades of good.  Might want to spend some time out from whatever rock you hide under if you're just hearing of this now.   :D :-*

Edit - Ninja'd by TJ
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2801 on: January 19, 2016, 04:25:59 PM »
@ Bosk... stay tuned.

I will take that as a "yes, but I'm not saying anything more because it actually is related to a bigger plot point that you don't want spoiled."  :biggrin:  I just hope it's something a bit better than Foggy coming up with, "Well, shoot, if you're actually going to be a super hero, you should probably have a super suit."  (Last episode I saw was 6, which ended with Foggy stumbling upon Matt lying at death's door in his "man in black" outfit)

#3:  Does Elektra ever show up, by any chance?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2802 on: January 19, 2016, 04:29:41 PM »
Season 2! I hope you wanted a definitive answer to that given the question but I don't think it's anything much of a spoiler considering that's all I know.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2803 on: January 19, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »
Keep watching Daredevil Bosk. It only gets better. MONSTER show. Collossus and Elektra in Season 2.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2804 on: January 20, 2016, 08:11:07 AM »
#3:  Does Elektra ever show up, by any chance?
She is referenced in a throwaway line late in season 1 that would be easy to miss.

She will be a featured character in season 2, along with the Punisher.

Collossus and Elektra in Season 2.
Colossus is most definitely NOT going to be in season 2 of Daredevil, or any other MCU appearance, because his film rights are held with the other X-Men characters by Fox.

He will be appearing next in the Deadpool film.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2805 on: January 20, 2016, 08:37:39 AM »
I had my episode numbers wrong somehow.  Watched ep. 10 last night.  GREAT episode.  So many :omg: moments.  And the use of Foggy's "Is everything our relationship was built on a lie?" question was a great vehicle for all the use of flashbacks to build character backstory.  Brilliantly done.  I have to say, this show is doing a fantastic job building the characters.  They all feel very real.
:omg: @ Gao totally calling out Fisk!
:omg: @ that is Fisk's mom?!  It was obvious during that whole sequence at the home that something more was going on and that Karen was up to something, but I could not for the life of me figure out what it was until she dropped Wilson's name.  Did NOT see that coming!
:omg: @ Vanessa apparently dying!  Was it Yakuza to avenge Nobu?  Was it Gao's people to stop Fisk's momentum or send a message?  Was it someone else?  Either way, I have no doubt there will be a reckoning, and the fallout is going to be far-reaching.  Yikes!
:omg: @ Foggy walking out on Matt!  While I get his motivation, I was not expecting that reaction from him.  After his initial shock/anger/hurt, I expected him to basically...just get over it and be like, "Well, actually, I guess this is pretty friggin' cool!  How can we use this?"  And maybe he will just get over it soon and move to that headspace.  But the way it was left at the end of the episode, I fear that it is going to take some sort of tragedy to bring them back together, which does not bode well for...somebody.

Anyhow, great episode.  I look forward to the next one.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2806 on: January 20, 2016, 10:18:46 AM »
I moved TAC's posts to the correct thread.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #2807 on: January 20, 2016, 10:19:26 AM »
thoughts on season 2 premiere of Agent Carter last night?  personally I loved it, really enjoy the humor in this show, especially the banter between Carter and Jarvis.  I also feel like this show works well in this shorter, miniseries type format, especially with all the other marvel shows we have now and coming soon.  color me excited for the rest of this season, the rest of SHIELD, and Daredevil season 2  :tup

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2808 on: January 20, 2016, 10:28:22 AM »
Shoot, I forgot about Agent Carter.  Missed it.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2809 on: January 20, 2016, 10:29:42 AM »
I didn't forget, but I missed it all the same.  I'll catch it this weekend sometime.

Did anyone catch the Captain America 75th anniversary special that aired before Agent Carter?  I thought that was pretty cool.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2810 on: January 20, 2016, 11:00:51 AM »
I watched it Hef. I really liked it as well!

Agent Carter was okay, but I'll need to see how the other episodes pan out. I'm not as engaged as I was in the first season of it.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2811 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:00 AM »
Agent Carter was pretty good, which is basically all I need from this one. It does a good job entertaining me, but I don't really care very much when the episode ends. It's probably the Marvel property that I care the least about at the moment.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2812 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »
BTW, Haley Atwell is just gorgeous.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2813 on: January 20, 2016, 11:18:17 AM »
BTW, Daredevil discussion above.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2814 on: January 20, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »
BTW, Daredevil discussion above.
That's gorgeous too.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2815 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:20 AM »
Just finished season 1 over the weekend.  Pretty intense.  Loved it.  Since nobody wants to actually discuss details, I'll just leave it at that and not waste my time getting into the nitty-gritty.  But I am looking forward to season 2 for sure.  Can't wait for March 18th!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2816 on: January 25, 2016, 09:44:19 AM »
Since nobody wants to actually discuss details
Not true, we were just being cautious so as not to spoil anything!

Now that you've finished it, what did you think? Favourite moments/things about it?

Also, watch Jessica Jones next.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2817 on: January 25, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »
I loved it.  The comic character bored me, so I didn't follow.  I was very pleasantly surprised with how good this was.  Despite my love for Agents of SHIELD and some of the films, DD may just be my favorite Marvel franchise. 

Fisk was SO well done.  He was truly evil and truly psychotic, and yet he was DO complex and well done that it was hard to not like him or at least sympathize at times.  Biggest :omg: moment for me (and my wife as well) was Wesley getting shot.  I could see a lot of the other deaths of key characters a mile away (Ben, for example :) ).  But I really did not expect Wesley to get it.  The funeral scene for Ben, and the revelation that he had an insurance policy so that his wife would be taken care of was a nice bit of closure, and just one more of many little details that did not by any stretch have to be included, but added so much texture and detail by having it in there.  I love that they did stuff like that throughout. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2818 on: January 25, 2016, 10:06:03 AM »
Wesley was such a likable, evil toady that it was just inconceivable that he'd go out like that.  :omg:  Some of Fisk's backstory really hit home for me so I had sincerely mixed emotions about his character. In the end, I was rooting for Mathew to take him down but still, I can't help but hope for Fisk's redemption. Although, that would be a pretty stupid thing to do...story wise.

What a fantastic series!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2819 on: January 25, 2016, 10:08:15 AM »
Wesley was an amazing character.  I am really sorry to see him go (although I am really glad to see him go).  :)

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #2820 on: January 25, 2016, 10:13:57 AM »
I found Wesley to be much more interesting that Fisk. Very sad to see him go.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2821 on: January 25, 2016, 10:45:32 AM »
I would say he was "much more" interesting, but I did love that character, and was shocked/bummed to see him go so stupidly at the hands of Karen.  He deserved a much better/more meaningful death.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2822 on: January 25, 2016, 10:50:36 AM »
I would say he was "much more" interesting, but I did love that character, and was shocked/bummed to see him go so stupidly at the hands of Karen.  He deserved a much better/more meaningful death.

I wouldn't say he "deserved" something better.  The fact that he was so even made him getting punked by Karen pretty satisfying to me.  Definitely shocking, but also (IMO) very fitting as well.  He was directly or indirectly involved in several scenarios where other unwittingly suddenly found themselves in situations in which they were helpless and were killed.  It was rather poetic that that is how he met his own end.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2823 on: January 25, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »
Mean't to say that Lesely wasn't "much more" interesting... but he was (to me) a "little" more interesting than Fisk.

Maybe "deserved" isn't the right word.  No one "deserves" anything, but I think I would've been more satisfied if his death was a little more than getting 'punk'd' by someone who was still groggy from being drugged (at least, I think that's how it went down).  Lesley was a meticulous person... I had trouble believing he would leave a loaded gun unattended like that.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2824 on: January 25, 2016, 11:41:18 AM »
You know, another shocking thing about that scene was once Karen realized the gun was loaded (after shooting him the first time) she grits her teeth and unloads the thing on him! Underneath her meek and caring exterior, something else is lurking.

"Do you really think this is the first time I've shot someone?"

:omg:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2825 on: January 28, 2016, 06:04:19 AM »
Disney confirm that they don't intend to stop making Star Wars or Marvel CU movies.

:clap:

Can you say franchise fatigue ?

Online kaos2900

« Reply #2826 on: January 28, 2016, 06:29:44 AM »
They can make as many movies as possible as long as they don't suck.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2827 on: January 28, 2016, 06:42:32 AM »
I haven't been sick of one Marvel movie at all.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2828 on: January 28, 2016, 06:45:15 AM »
I haven't been sick of one Marvel movie at all.

Ditto.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2829 on: January 28, 2016, 06:48:22 AM »
Not even Iron Man 2 ?

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2830 on: January 28, 2016, 06:50:17 AM »
The steam will run out eventually, but it doesn't look like it's anytime soon. Out of the 9-10 (how many are there?) Marvel films, I don't really LOVE that many of them, but I have enjoyed my viewing experiences of all of them, just that I return to some less than others. I probably won't watch Iron Man 2, the first Captain America or the Thor movies again, but that didn't stop me from enjoying them when I saw them initially.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2831 on: January 28, 2016, 07:04:28 AM »
Not even Iron Man 2 ?
Iron Man 2 certainly had its issues, mostly with the story being hampered by all of the setup for the Avengers and the editing down of Mickey Rourke's character, but it also gave the first look at the multiple-combatant action that was coming with Avengers and later, bigger films.  So while I view it as one of the lesser Marvel films, it is not bad, just a mixed bag that could have been better.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2832 on: January 28, 2016, 08:44:05 AM »
The only things I remember about Iron Man 2 are : It's setup towards the end that the move that Stark and the other guy do is super powerful and they use it like 5 minutes later to defeat the boss.

Mostly I remember things that are set up that either go nowhere or are resolved really quickly.

It's such a massive drop off in storytelling from the first film.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2833 on: January 28, 2016, 10:00:12 AM »
I never disliked Iron Man 2. I actually enjoy it, some parts even a lot.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2834 on: January 28, 2016, 10:13:47 AM »
I never disliked Iron Man 2. I actually enjoy it, some parts even a lot.
Same here.