Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 294256 times)

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1610 on: October 22, 2014, 10:47:02 PM »
jingle.son found Age of Ultron trailer:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28g8nh_ap-tlr-1-int-360p_creation

Me excited.

It's officially up on Marvel's YouTube channel now too. SO GOOD. :metal :hefdaddy :tup
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1611 on: October 22, 2014, 10:47:23 PM »
Just came here to post that. It is FUCKING INCREDIBLY EPIC. Spader rocks the hizzie as Ultron. I really love his way of speaking and enunciating, it's perfect for a flawless entity that knows it's flawless and wants to be god. Otherwise...all amazing stuff around, I'm loving the looks on their faces, and especially excited to see dat Hulk Buster Vs. Hulk. Once I saw the OG suit INSIDE the Hulk Buster it was like..."Okay, THIS is the Hulk Buster". Screw whatever that was in Iron Man 3, despite the fact it was a 'cameo' for the suit and not the actual thing, I still remember some buzz about it being in the movie and was underwhelmed. This is what we needed...it's beautiful. I cannot wait for this shit, I really shouldn't have watched that this early on. FFFFF-

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1612 on: October 23, 2014, 03:12:26 AM »
I gotta say that this teaser not only got me even more stoked, but as a teaser it did its job perfectly. It gave us glimpses of what to expect, and showed us the overall atmosphere they are going for with the movie, without giving any plot points away. Sure, some of the story they have already given us through statements, but as a teaser this was really awesome.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1613 on: October 23, 2014, 03:14:28 AM »
I thought the exact same thing after I watched it, Zant. It's a fantastic trailer in general, and especially for a superhero flick. Really great stuff, but now I think I might have to force myself to not see any trailers of the film after this one. It was perfect, I'm super hyped, but now I now the REAL advertising begins. It's gonna be a bum rush till May. Well...actually, after this year, it's just gonna be a bum rush of superhero ads till about 2020.

RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: October 23, 2014, 04:29:23 AM »
Granted I only watched it once - but Ultron doesn't look as fun as the first one.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1615 on: October 23, 2014, 04:43:37 AM »
If I have any complaint about the first Avengers it's the fact that the movie doesn't really have a great villain. Don't get me wrong, I really like Loki, but he's really more of the mini boss who works under orders from much bigger guys, whom we don't get to see. It's basically Avengers against an army of disposable minions. All in all a strong movie, but slightly lacking in the villain department.

Ultron on the other hand looks like he will be a badass villain, and I think he might steal the show. Great use of James Spader's voice as well.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1616 on: October 23, 2014, 04:56:05 AM »
Extremely excited about this.

But how odd is it that we are seeing this much on a blockbuster not coming out until May, but I haven't seen hardly anything on the third Hobbit film, which will be out in less than 2 months?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1617 on: October 23, 2014, 06:01:06 AM »
Yeah it's kind of weird how they haven't put out much on the third Hobbit. But people know that franchise, and once they finally drop that trailer, I think people could be surprised because there's not much buzz or expectations going right now. As for Age of Ultron, I feel like they did a really good job of showing us exactly the right amount of stuff.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1618 on: October 23, 2014, 07:45:56 AM »
Vision and Scarlet Witch at 1:30?  :caffeine:

:caffeine:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1619 on: October 23, 2014, 08:32:28 AM »
There is no other person beside Scarlet Witch at 1:30...

My first reaction to seeing this: MAWFUGGIN HULKBUSTER!!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1620 on: October 23, 2014, 08:40:06 AM »
Oops, I meant Quicksilver, not Vision.  But, yeah, in several scenes, there is a dude with her that I am assuming is Quicksilver (although I obviously could be wrong). 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1621 on: October 23, 2014, 08:52:01 AM »
Oops, I meant Quicksilver, not Vision.  But, yeah, in several scenes, there is a dude with her that I am assuming is Quicksilver (although I obviously could be wrong). 
Yeah, the other young guy with her is indeed Quicksilver.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1622 on: October 23, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »
I remember following Vision and Scarlet Witch in comics in the '80s, but I remember almost nothing about their characters.  :lol

But back to the Marvel cinematic universe, we do not have another Marvel movie between now and Avengers 2, correct?  I guess that means the whole storyline about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver escaping from the baddies that are holding them captive (Hydra?) and their whole backstory are going to have to take place in Avengers 2.  Hmm...

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1623 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:03 AM »
This is only speculation, but I could see it go down as something like this:

Avengers 2 starts out with the team doing a job, and they fight against Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch (among others) and we are introduced to those characters. The job is finished with those two getting away somehow, and we get the story of how Ultron is created, takes control of himself and becomes a giant threat. Somewhere in the middle to the end, Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch realize that they are fighting for the wrong side and need to team up with Avengers to stop Ultron, otherwise there won't be much of a planet left, and so Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch fight along side Avengers in the final battle. As for Vision, I would assume he's like a bi-product of Ultron, or somehow created in the same process, and he ends up helping Avengers that way.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1624 on: October 23, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »
Since Ultron is created by Stark in this universe and Paul Bettany is both JARVIS and now The Vision, it's logical that Ultron gives JARVIS a "body" and that's how The Vision is born (if they followed the comic origin of The Vision, that is).

I do wonder if the irrational hatred towards its father that Ultron has in the comics will be in the movie as well.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #1625 on: October 23, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »
Since Ultron is created by Stark in this universe and Paul Bettany is both JARVIS and now The Vision, it's logical that Ultron gives JARVIS a "body" and that's how The Vision is born (if they followed the comic origin of The Vision, that is).

I do wonder if the irrational hatred towards its father that Ultron has in the comics will be in the movie as well.

I have a feeling that Ultron's Oedipus Complex will be present. It was a big reason why I always figured Stark would be his creator in the MCU, since he's one of the most developed characters that's already available in the MCU and pretty much the only other realistic option besides Hank Pym to make Ultron.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1626 on: October 23, 2014, 09:49:27 AM »
I'm curious if we will get any references for future Marvel movies in Avengers 2. Considering Ant-Man comes out just 2 months later, I can't help but wonder if they will reference Hank Pym or somehow set up what happens there. Maybe in the end-credits scene.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #1627 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »
I'm curious if we will get any references for future Marvel movies in Avengers 2. Considering Ant-Man comes out just 2 months later, I can't help but wonder if they will reference Hank Pym or somehow set up what happens there. Maybe in the end-credits scene.

I've heard word that AoU might help set-up a future Black Panther movie somehow.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1628 on: October 23, 2014, 09:56:29 AM »
I just wonder how in the future - people will know in which order to watch the complete MCU movies :P

Other than release date I suppose.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #1629 on: October 23, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »
I just wonder how in the future - people will know in which order to watch the complete MCU movies :P

Other than release date I suppose.

Well, for starters, they can always watch the MCU films by their respective Stages. Really, aside from IM/IM2 and saving the Avengers films for last, I don't think you need to go in any particular order to watch the films in each Stage.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1630 on: October 23, 2014, 02:59:30 PM »
Just thinking through something on the issue of Ultron not being created by Pym.  Since Pym is not an Avenger (yet), I actually like the idea of Ultron (most likely) being created by Stark.  It will create more suspicioun and fear about super heroes, which actually sets up the Civil War storyline nicely.  Just thinking out loud...

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #1631 on: October 23, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »
Just thinking through something on the issue of Ultron not being created by Pym.  Since Pym is not an Avenger (yet), I actually like the idea of Ultron (most likely) being created by Stark.  It will create more suspicioun and fear about super heroes, which actually sets up the Civil War storyline nicely.  Just thinking out loud...

Exactly.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1632 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40:34 PM »
I believe I said this before, but I also think this movie is going to set up a Planet Hulk movie as well. If the Hulkbuster featured in the trailer foreshadows anything, it's that Iron Man feels that the Hulk is too dangerous to remain on Earth, which would make sense it would be Iron Man making that decision the jettison him to space since the other characters in the Illuminati like Professor X and Mister Fantastic can not be filmed in a Marvel Studios movie yet.

Since Iron Man is rumored to be the villain in Captain America 3, that might reject my idea, UNLESS that film ends with the government passing the Superhero Registration Act.

And a Planet Hulk movie can only lead to a Thor Corps vs Demonstaff storyline for a third Thor movie that will finally feature Beta Ray Bill  :biggrin:

Ugh. Such an exciting time to be a superhero geek.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1633 on: October 23, 2014, 04:19:26 PM »
The rumors are that Cap 3 will set up an eventual Civil War for the movies. Which would be exciting and I'm all for a Planet Hulk movie, even more if at the end of a full-out Civil War movie with the superheroes beating each other to a pulp they end the SRA and... Hulk lands on Earth looking for revenge.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1634 on: October 23, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »
I believe I said this before, but I also think this movie is going to set up a Planet Hulk movie as well. If the Hulkbuster featured in the trailer foreshadows anything, it's that Iron Man feels that the Hulk is too dangerous to remain on Earth, which would make sense it would be Iron Man making that decision the jettison him to space since the other characters in the Illuminati like Professor X and Mister Fantastic can not be filmed in a Marvel Studios movie yet.

Since Iron Man is rumored to be the villain in Captain America 3, that might reject my idea, UNLESS that film ends with the government passing the Superhero Registration Act.

And a Planet Hulk movie can only lead to a Thor Corps vs Demonstaff storyline for a third Thor movie that will finally feature Beta Ray Bill  :biggrin:

Ugh. Such an exciting time to be a superhero geek.

Apparently Kevin Fiege has already shot down rumors of a Planet Hulk movie, but there is word that Hulk will end up in space at the end of the film and end up being in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and play a part in uniting both teams (Avengers and GotG) together in A3.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1635 on: October 23, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
Even if Planet Hulk is a legitimate storyline (not familiar with it from the comics), it just sounds silly.  But the latter idea does sound decent.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1636 on: October 23, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »
Planet Hulk is a pretty cool concept, and it could be a useful storyline to connect Avengers with Guardians of the Galaxy. Apart from Thanos being a threat to the whole universe, you need that catalyst, a character who gets the teams together. Thor could work since he's all over the universe on his own adventures, but it would make sense if Hulk was sent to space, we get a stand-alone Hulk movie about Planet Hulk (which would probably be much better than the previous two Hulk films), and it could set up Hulk meeting the Guardians.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1637 on: October 24, 2014, 02:03:44 AM »
I'm all

for this movie.

I think a Planet Hulk movie would be awesome 15-20 years from now. It'd have to be almost entirely CGI, and I'm personally not ready for another Avatar-esque movie just yet. They've outlined their films till 2020 anyway, and I really doubt the fans will be clamoring enough to alter the schedule for it just yet. I think we'll get one, but it'd be way down the line. I also wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't. I think it's one of those movies that sounds amazing and ends up being lackluster. Unless they could find a truly convincing villain and have the film affect and/or tie into others, it'd feel moot at the end. The animated films feel that way and they've got all the liberties in the world aside from the source comics. Anyway, I think I'll get my fill of smashing in Ultron.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:09:15 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #1638 on: October 24, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »

:lol
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1640 on: October 27, 2014, 12:48:53 PM »
We already have such a cool cast of heroes.  I just don't understand the push to add all kinds of other ones that few people know or care about.  Do we really need Any Man, Dr. Strange, or whatever other band of misfits we are inevitably going to get movies about?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1641 on: October 27, 2014, 12:55:04 PM »
Need?

If you're going that route, do we need any movies at all? Unless they end up saturating the market with really bad superhero films, I don't see why not. In the end those more obscure films are more for the comic aficionados anyway, I think.

RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #1642 on: October 27, 2014, 12:55:48 PM »
Well look at Guardians of the Galaxy. I think that's proof that even a lesser known Marvel brand can still be as successful as the big guns.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1643 on: October 27, 2014, 12:57:57 PM »
We already have such a cool cast of heroes.  I just don't understand the push to add all kinds of other ones that few people know or care about.  Do we really need Any Man, Dr. Strange, or whatever other band of misfits we are inevitably going to get movies about?

I couldn't disagree more.  Rewind to 2007, and that's exactly what everyone was saying about Iron Man.  Rewind to the plans for The Avengers, and that's what everyone was saying about Thor and Cap - that they were characters few knew about; that Marvel had an uphill battle against Sony.  Sure they might have, but they've proven they can do it.

Fiege, from that Busniessweek article back in April:

We told the Disney interns to go through Marvel comic books and count the characters. We found about 8000!

There's certainly some fringe characters in there... Dr. Strange is not one of them.  I think this will work out just fine.  Or better than fine.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1644 on: October 27, 2014, 01:02:53 PM »

I couldn't disagree more.  Rewind to 2007, and that's exactly what everyone was saying about Iron Man.  Rewind to the plans for The Avengers, and that's what everyone was saying about Thor and Cap - that they were characters few knew about; that Marvel had an uphill battle against Sony. 

???  Next to the X-Men and Spiderman, those are probably Marvel's biggest, most well-known heroes.