Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 294254 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 11:41:04 AM »
Probably because she's not that great an actress.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
Probably because she's not that great an actress.

That's where I was leading to.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 11:45:12 AM »
Bryan Singer had actors drop accents for the sequel. Not sure why. Make it easier I guess.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 11:52:07 AM »
Who besides Storm? Rouge has a natural southern accent, and I can't remember anyone else with one.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »
Anna Paquin's accent is actually New Zealand. And Obviously Hugh Jackman is Australian. For some reason that region seems to be able to pull off American accents fine where as the reversal isn't always true :P

As for who else...I lied. I can't remember who else I was thinking of :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »
LIAR! /Jennifer Garner's horrible acting

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 01:08:45 PM »
She was doing an accent on DD?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 01:17:38 PM »
No that line was just executed horribly.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »
Anna Paquin's accent is actually New Zealand. And Obviously Hugh Jackman is Australian. For some reason that region seems to be able to pull off American accents fine where as the reversal isn't always true :P

You know that's so true. Sometimes I forget that Hugh Jackman is Australian.  He does the American accent so well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 02:24:32 PM »
So the new Avengers trailer is pretty cool.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 02:51:35 PM »
https://gizmodo.com/5822377/the-avengers-trailer-leaked-and-its-rad
I found one last night that was slightly better quality than that. Still looking for it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59:59 PM »
I found one last night that was slightly better quality than that. Still looking for it.
You should've bookmarked the link!

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »
You should've bookmarked the link!
I know. :(

Edit: Looks like Paramount has been on the ball as far as yanking trailers from websites left and right.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »
I'll see it in all its glory tomorrow on the big screen. From what I can see, it appears like a nice teaser. Obviously no shots of the Hulk yet, but that's to be expected. I doubt much of the digital effects work has been complet

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »
Captain America is out over here (movies come out on Thursdays in PR), so I will do everything in my power to go see it tonight!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 11:03:46 PM »
Saw it, loooved it!!

Chris Evans did a great job portraying Captain America!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »
Saw it, loooved it!!

I hope so, I was super skeptical when I heard he was cast. But if the reviews are good, I'll be happy.

If anyone sees it in 3D, let me know if it's worth seeing that way.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 11:34:07 PM »
Saw it, loooved it!!

I hope so, I was super skeptical when I heard he was cast. But if the reviews are good, I'll be happy.

If anyone sees it in 3D, let me know if it's worth seeing that way.
It's not worth it.

Though, Red Skull was seriously under developed.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2011, 12:55:18 AM »
Agreed, RS's character wasn't fully fleshed out and part of it left me going "well, OK let's roll with it."

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2011, 01:59:35 AM »
Captain America was such a fun film! And im glad that people here agree about Red Skulls character development, although Hugo Weaving was perfect fir the role. Other than that and some pacing issues that got me impatient at times, I thought the film was really good.

I still think the best Marvel Universe movie goes to Ed Nort's The Incredible Hulk....

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »

You know that's so true. Sometimes I forget that Hugh Jackman is Australian.  He does the American accent so well.

Well, if we're talking Wolverine, shouldn't that be a Canadian accent?  ;)

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2011, 09:13:23 AM »
Yeah but he's never had a Canadian accent in any format before. Perhaps in the comics, but I can't hear that in my head while reading them  :P

I'll revise the statement to "North American"  ;)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:22 PM »
Adami, I read some of the rumors about Avengers dealing with the Kree-Skrull war. But what they said was that Loki would use the Cosmic Cube to open a portal that lets the Skrulls into Earth which leads to the Avengers assembling.

Offline Adami

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2011, 12:43:03 PM »
Adami, I read some of the rumors about Avengers dealing with the Kree-Skrull war. But what they said was that Loki would use the Cosmic Cube to open a portal that lets the Skrulls into Earth which leads to the Avengers assembling.

Sounds like what I read, I guess I just assumed the Kree-Skrull war since I read about the Skrulls being there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2011, 12:50:50 PM »
It would be cool if they used the Super Skrull, but I think they would have some rights issue since Super Skrull is the F4 rolled into one.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2011, 02:55:25 PM »

Sounds like what I read, I guess I just assumed the Kree-Skrull war since I read about the Skrulls being there.
I think that is something that was floated a year or so ago.  I don't believe that the Kree or Skrulls will be part of the actual film.  Although that would be cool.

Apparently Loki is involved in a big way.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2011, 02:58:22 PM »

I think that is something that was floated a year or so ago.  I don't believe that the Kree or Skrulls will be part of the actual film.  Although that would be cool.

Indeed he is, but he isn't a fighting force, he's a manipulator. He needs something to manipulate that will do the actual fighting. In Thor he had Gort, but in this....unless he has the Hulk, he'll need something that can stand up against Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlett Johansons Boobs, and Possibly the Hulk.

And the Cosmic Cube was created by the Skrulls I believe.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »

Indeed he is, but he isn't a fighting force, he's a manipulator. He needs something to manipulate that will do the actual fighting. In Thor he had Gort, but in this....unless he has the Hulk, he'll need something that can stand up against Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlett Johansons Boobs, and Possibly the Hulk.
I think that's where the Infinity Gauntlet comes in...

Offline Adami

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2011, 03:28:38 PM »
Yea, I think the Infinity Gauntlet might be a bit overkill. They'll need something with brute force, not mystical force and lots of explosions.

Control over all of the elements of the universe is kind of hard to film in a summer blockbuster.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 03:41:45 PM »
We'll see what they come up with. I still think Loki finds a way to harness the Cosmic Cubes power and this is why:

SPOILERS

In Captain America they explicitly state that: 1) the Cosmic Cube was the crown jewel of Odin's armory (In fact, the Cube was hidden in a figure of Yggdrasil until Red Skull finds it) and 2) it's a power that no mere man can control, only a god (Loki being one).

END SPOILER

But opening a portal to the Skrull world is interesting.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:49:02 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
Saw Cap today. A lot of fun. Stands alongside the other cross-over films thus far. I'd say it's the most accurate portrayal of a golden age style comic come to life.

Also got the Amazing Spider-Man prior to the film, and in 3D, it's pretty mind-blowing. Also got to see a clean version of the Avenger preview and got quite excited.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2011, 11:12:09 AM »
Avengers Comic-Con stuff:

Here's Cap's outfit for the movie: https://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1183337p1.html

And here's concept art for Hawkeye, Black Widow, Iron Man, and Cap: https://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1183788p1.html

That IM armor is looking sick!