Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 296158 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2011, 03:12:22 AM »
Yeah it's just what I think.
btw does anybody think the Eric Bana Hulk movie was much more interesting than the Ed Norton one? Except for the cast of course.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2011, 06:07:48 AM »
Doubt it.

I think this all comes down to personal taste.  Marvel's universe is HUGE.  X-Men and Avengers were by far the two biggest/popular/well-known factions, so it's logical to make movies out of them.  I never thought Daredevil was anything special, and THAT movie proves that the character alone cannot make a good or successful movie.  On the flip-side, The Punisher was a cult classic character, and that's gone through three iterations to little fanfare.  So again, the success of the movie is dependant on the quality of the story/acting.

I like what Marvel is doing with the Avengers... and they've been building up to it for years, maintaining interest and creating new fans.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2011, 07:54:32 AM »
I love that just because you don't like them, that instantly makes them "lamo ass super heroe leftovers". :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »
I also think that the final scene of Captain America was meant as a post-credits scene, but that they bumped it forward to make room for the Avengers teaser.
I doubt that. They showed at the beginning that they've found Captain America in modern times, so why would they wait post-credit for that?

Because it would be a good cliff-hanger ending.  You see that they found him in the wreckage, but don't know exactly what's going to happen next.  I just thought the Times Square scene felt like a post-credits stinger (complete with Nick Fury appearance).
If I'm not mistaken, that was the original plan.  I seem to remember that Joe Johnston didn't even film the scene with Cap and Fury in Times Square (Whedon did) - he just agreed to add it to the end of the credits.  Of course, that changed when the Avengers teaser trailer was ready.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2011, 10:11:42 AM »
He shot it. The crowd footage shows Joe directing it. Whedon did have a little involvement though. He did a script polish to drop connections to all the other films. That's it, really.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
He shot it. The crowd footage shows Joe directing it. Whedon did have a little involvement though. He did a script polish to drop connections to all the other films. That's it, really.

I was just going to bring that up.  The original photos of that scene were originally believed to be from The Avengers, but someone spotted Joe Johnston on set. 

I don't see the Avengers as lame or leftover, as long as the absolute core group of characters are there (Cap, Iron Man, and Thor), it's solid.  Plus, Thor is my favorite superhero of all time.  :metal

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »

Interesting.  Whedon did direct the post-credits scene for Thor, though. 

Offline zepp-head

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2011, 10:14:09 PM »
Oh my, what is this?

https://www.beforethetrailer.com/2011/08/set-location-video-from-the-filming-of-the-avengers-in-cleveland-aug-19/

I can't tell if those random evil henchmen are wearing uniforms or CGI costumes so they can be replaced by something digital.

Possibly Hydra?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2011, 03:30:56 AM »
They are mo-cap suits.  They won't look like that in the final film, they will be digitally replaced by apparently alien beings (probably Skrulls, if the rumors are true).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »
Yeah, those are the kind of suits Favreu used to then replace with the armors in IM2.

Also, this picture: (OBVIOUS SPOILER FOR AVENGERS)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=246132602088028&set=a.243659412335347.67352.152450181456271&type=1&theater

Possible Skrull gun?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2011, 11:24:19 AM »
AVENGERS SPOILERS AHEAD!

Marvel screened a trailer for Avengers in D23.

https://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1189565p1.html

Beware of SPOILERS!

The presentation began with an assemblage of the "Avenger Initiative" codas and set-ups that were included in Marvel's past few films (Iron Man 1 and 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger), essentially creating a prologue for how S.H.I.E.L.D. got the superhero team together. A team that director Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) says was put together to fight the battles that we can't.

Feige then introduced a clip to the audience. The scene takes place aboard S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helicarrier where there's a terse exchange between Fury and Loki (Hiddleston), who is caged inside a hi-tech chamber encased by glass walls. Loki sports much longer hair and an altered green and gold costume from he what he had in Thor. (Indeed, all of the characters have new duds in the film.)

Fury warns Loki that if he tries to escape, or even touches the glass, he'll plummet 30,000 feet to his doom. Fury then opens a portal to reveal the dark and stormy sky outside. Loki remarks that the cage he's in was built for someone different from him -- Hulk.

Loki turns to the surveillance camera, acknowledging those looking on elsewhere aboard the ship: Black Widow, Thor, Cap, Dr. Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) and, at her post, Agent Maria Hill (Smulders). Loki teases Fury on how it must hurt them to have the Tesseract (Cosmic Cube), but to what end? Only to then see what real power is (meaning himself)? Fury glibly tells Loki to let him know if the "real power" would like a magazine while he's in his cell, a very Whedon-esque touch. Banner quips to his teammates about Loki, "Kinda grows on you, doesn't he?"

The sizzle reel footage showed quick flashes of the Avengers in action, specifically shots of what appeared like Cap and Thor clashing as well as a shot of Cap parachuting out of a plane. There was also a brief scene of Tony Stark dressed in a Black Sabbath t-shirt and making himself a drink (of course) as he addresses Loki. Tony runs down who he has on his side: Two master assassins (Widow and Hawkeye), a demigod, and a living legend who more than lives up to his legend. Loki remarks, "We have an army." To which Tony replies, drink in hand, "We have a Hulk." Cut to a close-up of Hulk roaring. The footage ended then, but the nerdgasms continued.

Bolded for possible Skrulls confirmation.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2011, 02:00:32 AM »
"We have a Hulk."

:lol
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Adami

« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2011, 02:06:44 AM »
"We have a Hulk."

:lol

Something tells me most of that stuff won't be in the movie.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2011, 02:10:28 AM »
I know a lot of trailers tend to cut stuff, but if I remember correctly, I don't think that's been the case with the past few Marvel movies.

Offline Adami

« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:34 AM »
I know a lot of trailers tend to cut stuff, but if I remember correctly, I don't think that's been the case with the past few Marvel movies.

Well one of those "trailers" was almost literally Downey introducing every single member, I highly doubt the movie will introduce every member on a plane after they have been assembled.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2011, 02:20:02 AM »

Well one of those "trailers" was almost literally Downey introducing every single member, I highly doubt the movie will introduce every member on a plane after they have been assembled.
I don't think it was so much an introduction, as it was Stark telling Loki "my army's better because we have so-and-so."

Offline Adami

« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2011, 02:21:36 AM »

I don't think it was so much an introduction, as it was Stark telling Loki "my army's better because we have so-and-so."

And then he goes through and introduces every single member.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2011, 02:24:41 AM »

And then he goes through and introduces every single member.
Tony runs down who he has on his side: Two master assassins (Widow and Hawkeye), a demigod, and a living legend who more than lives up to his legend. Loki remarks, "We have an army."
Am I missing something? We don't have any idea how Stark phrased it. I'm sure it wasn't "Oh yeah, we have Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, and Captain America." All we have is the description. I'm not sure where you're getting "introduction" from, but from that description I got the vibe that Stark and Loki are the only ones present in that scene.

Offline Adami

« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2011, 02:29:37 AM »
You didn't see the official transcription? Eh, here it is.

Loki: Who you gots on your side homes?

Tony: Let's see, we got me...Iron Man, an overly confident man who's genius is only surpassed by his ego and who's shady past had finally caught up with him ironically turning him into the studly superhero you see before you, two sexy assassin, one of whom you might know as Robin from How I Met Your Mother, and of course the big boobed karate girl form Thor. We have a Norse demi-god who for some reason has an Australian accent. We have Captain America, you couldn't have missed his movie....it just came out not too long ago, no one really expected him to be all stoic since he's really a guy who's usually a complete dick in his movies.

Loki: Yea? Well I got an army.

Tony: Well we got Edward Norton Mark Ruffalo.

Sounds like an intro to me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »
Who cares if he gave them an intro or not?!

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2011, 01:49:23 AM »
Adami does. He has to go into "nitpick mode" every now and then.

Offline Adami

« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2011, 11:10:43 AM »
Adami does. He has to go into "nitpick mode" every now and then.

You were the one laughing at "We have a hulk".
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2011, 12:12:09 PM »
Because it's funny.

Offline Adami

« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »
Because it's funny.

I was just pointing out that it might not be in the film, because intros that are that blatant are usually made for trailers nowadays and now put in films.

But I could be wrong, if anyone can deliver it, it's Downey.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
Short interviews with some of the cast after the D23 appearance. I especially like what Tom Hiddleston says about Loki.

https://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/22/the-avengers-d23-press-line

Offline Adami

« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »
By the way, why won't they show us the footage from D23? I mean the actual movie footage.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2011, 12:26:41 PM »
I don't know, maybe no one was expecting it and thus wasn't prepare to record it on a phone or Disney hasn't (and/or won't) release the footage.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »
Short interviews with some of the cast after the D23 appearance. I especially like what Tom Hiddleston says about Loki.

I haven't seen her in much else, but Cobie Smulders sounds like an idiot there.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »

It seem like she was trying to be "too cool".

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »

It seem like she was trying to be "too cool".
While on "too much pot."

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »
Tom Hiddleston/Loki is awesome.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2011, 10:53:07 AM »

You ever get the feeling you're being check out by two Asgardian gods?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2011, 11:26:29 AM »
I'd ran my Mjolnir into that, if you know what I mean.

Offline Adami

« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
I'd ran my Mjolnir into that, if you know what I mean.

You mean penis in vagina.
fanticide.bandcamp.com