Author Topic: Facebook and privacy  (Read 1523 times)

Offline AndyDT

Facebook and privacy
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:21:06 AM »
Just wondering if this is a good or bad thing connecting with everybody you befriend. It's easy to fill out pages with your favourite books, films, hobbies etc and then as soon as you add somebody else they know your private life before you've built an understanding with them.

Particularly if you're part of a religion then it's quite awkward. You may not have anything at all your ashamed about but it's sending out signals that people may misinterpret or use against you.

I stopped posting on there a  while back as it became an ego thing to me and just use it to stay in touch now but now I'm thinking of removing all the "me" likes etc.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
Re: Facebook and privacy
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:32 AM »
I dont use FB as much as most people I know, and the main reason I got it in the first place was for my music (which is the only time I make wall posts and stuff anyway). If I dont feel comfortable with some of information I can put in, I just simply wont put it in.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:45 AM »
i don't know what this facebook thing is, but you should get yourself a google+ account.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
DTF is MY Facebook!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:59:25 AM »
what are you so afraid of

no one is so dense

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 08:59:46 AM »
i don't know what this facebook thing is, but you should get yourself a google+ account.
You mean Orkut 2?

Offline In The Name Of Rudess

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:09:10 AM »
I've never understood the 'telling my favorite book and movie is a privacy invasion' argument. Facebook only shares what you tell it too. If a random stranger on the street came up and asked what my favorite book was I would probably tell him.

Don't accept every friend request you get. It's not a numbers game despite how many people try to turn it into one.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
I've never understood the 'telling my favorite book and movie is a privacy invasion' argument. Facebook only shares what you tell it too.
Not for books and likes AFAICT.

If a random stranger on the street came up and asked what my favorite book was I would probably tell him.

Don't accept every friend request you get. It's not a numbers game despite how many people try to turn it into one.