Author Topic: Star Wars Discussion Thread v. Rogue One  (Read 450843 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread v. Rogue One
« Reply #5495 on: December 13, 2017, 07:39:54 AM »
Grabbed tickets for tomorrow night at 10pm at the nice dine in theater :hat Hopefully will have the day off tomorrow and get a chance to re-watch TFA beforehand.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #5496 on: December 13, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »
So, i've seen it now...

I'm not sure, what to think of it at the moment. There is stuff that i loved, and stuff that i didn't like at all!

Like everyone has advertised, this is a very different kind of Star Wars movie. Whether that is good or bad is something everyone has to decide for themselves. Story goes to very unexpected directions..

Acting was great across the board, Kelly Marie Tran was my favorite new addition. I't is going to be very tough to talk anything about The Last Jedi without going to spoilers. I'm only going to say that (after the first viewing) i liked it, but didn't love it.

Also worth pointing out that this is not going to be a similar crowdpleaser like The Force Awakens. I can already see some fanboys being either very disappointed or very angry when they see this movie.

I have to sleep, and see it at least two more times to make my mind about it. But it is a great Star Wars movie!

Online faizoff

« Reply #5497 on: December 13, 2017, 09:21:08 AM »
So, i've seen it now...

Like everyone has advertised, this is a very different kind of Star Wars movie. Story goes to very unexpected directions..

Also worth pointing out that this is not going to be a similar crowdpleaser like The Force Awakens.

My favorite parts of your review. Can't wait!!!!!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5498 on: December 13, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
I'm pretty intrigued by "unexpected" too. I'm hoping for some surprises and new directions in the story.

I think I'll go dark on this thread and come back when I've watched it..  :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5499 on: December 13, 2017, 10:22:10 AM »
I'm pretty intrigued by "unexpected" too. I'm hoping for some surprises and new directions in the story.

I think I'll go dark on this thread and come back when I've watched it..  :)

All of that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #5500 on: December 13, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
I just saw it.
There is one side story I didn't care for at all, but over all I really, REALLY liked it  :laugh:

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5501 on: December 13, 2017, 04:06:35 PM »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5502 on: December 13, 2017, 04:29:46 PM »
:(
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."