Sith (Overrated. So much stupidity in this movie)
explain the stupidity
- The opening Dogfight sequence.
- Jets in R2-D2, which creates the problem of why, in the context of the internal logic of the movies, he never did it in the original trilogy.
- I guess I can buy Anakin killing Dooku, but I dunno. That scene just felt really forced.
- The cheesy stupid love scenes between Anakin and Padme. "Hold me Ani, like you did on Naboo."
- Anakin's trip to the dark side beginning in earnest because he thinks Padme will die. This almost makes sense except (a) It shows how little he really gives a shit about the Jedi Order, which I could buy except (b) Because of shitty filmmaking on Lucas's part, I still have no reason to believe he would be such an idiot because of her. Han Solo might sell out a rebel base or something to protect Leia. I can't imagine Anakin revealing where he hides his secret stash of stuffed animals to save Padme.
- The big action sequence with Obi-Wan in the big temple thing was just too silly. I don't even remember what it had to do with the plot, other than a big fight with General Grievous which has no impact if you didn't see the Clone Wars cartoon, and I didn't. Such an astoundingly stupid name too.
- ONE SCENE makes Anakin convert to the dark side. ONE FUCKING SCENE. BULLSHIT! And also, "I now name you, Darth Vader." Uuuugggghhhhh
- Because he converts to the dark side in one scene, everything Anakin does as a Sith Lord has no motivation. Like killing little children.
- I guess Padme and Obi-Wan's scenes don't such, but they're kind of boring.
- Anakin force choking Padme completely defeats the only shred of motivation his character had going for him. I guess it makes sense that he's all pissed off and full of rage and blah blah blah. But I just thought the scene was fucking stupid as I saw it.
- One thing I'll give Lucas credit for. Anakin telling Padme they can rule the galaxy together echoes him telling Luke the same thing in Empire.
- Obi Wan defeats Anakin because of HIGHER GROUND?
- Obi Wan not killing Anakin makes sense on the surface, but when you think a bit, it might be the worst piece of writing in all of Star Wars. If Obi-Wan truly loves him, why would he let him suffer? Obi-Wan's character throughout the entire rest of the saga isn't portrayed as cowardly, but Lucas chooses this moment to make him a pussy. Sorry, I am not buying it. Watching the other movies in the trilogy, both before and after, there's no reason to believe he would do this. Attack of the Clones has a lot of stupidity, but Obi-Wan not going back to save Padme makes sense, and it's a huge moment of his trust with Anakin being hurt. But this leaving Anakin to suffer and die on the molten lava world shit doesn't fly.
- Something I will give credit to Lucas on. Anakin's suit being built was acceptably gruesome and not a letdown. Like, it doesn't make the vader suit less interesting by seeing how it's built.
- R2 knowing so much shit about Anakin Skywalker and his children that he never chooses to talk about. It makes him look like a tool in episodes IV-VI. Why wouldn't they wipe his memory anyway.
- The Death Star being built at the end of the movie. There's no way it should have taken the Empire 20-30 years or whatever to build it, considering how fast they can churn out Star Destroyers. Even so, I might buy it except the second Death Star in Jedi was built so quickly.
- NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It's just too lame (There's also a bad quote at the end with Vader similar to what I wrote. Except there'd be more "O"s.)