Author Topic: Wives/Girlfriends & DTF  (Read 8602 times)

Offline Icebear

• The Sleeper
Re: Wives/Girlfriends & DTF
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
My wife refers to this place as "that DT forum you hang out on", and she's cool with it. Not that I spend hours and hours on it, though. Even less since the birth of our daughter. But for a DT nerd like myself, it's the closest thing to home there is, even if I lurk more than I contribute.

Offline Brittany

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
Reading this made me laugh. My boyfriend gets annoyed when I sometimes spend a long time reading this forum and JP's forum, as well. Hah

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
Welcome, I hope that's not all you have to say, we don't bite, hard, here. :biggrin:

Offline Ħ

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
If I had a girlfriend, I would be more than happy to abandon DTF and internet forums altogether.  Sorry guys.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »
If I had a girlfriend, I would be more than happy to abandon DTF and internet forums altogether.  Sorry guys.
Oh, I get it, are we not good enough for you? XP
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »
Mine doesn't really care, since I'm rarely on it when I'm with her. Because we have a long-dstance relationship, it's never a problem, especially since when we're together (like this week) I'm only ever on DTF when I'm waiting for her to do something so we can hang out or when we're just sitting around watching TV together and one of us has a laptop out.

Before our relationship became long distance, she did joke about it from time to time. But, again, I wa alway happier to do things with her than surf DTF.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2011, 07:04:38 PM »
My girlfriend is a member here. :D

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »

And be dependant of your gf? lol

Anyways, mine is aware of the existence of the forum but she's not really interested in reading here or whatever.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2011, 07:24:42 PM »

And be dependant of your gf? lol

Anyways, mine is aware of the existence of the forum but she's not really interested in reading here or whatever.
Probably the best case scenario, a gf that doesn't give a shit and lets you have your own hobbies.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
He pokes fun at it but doesn't care...
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2011, 11:21:36 PM »
He pokes fun at it but doesn't care...
So he gives as good as he gets? :P

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2011, 08:10:11 AM »
wait wut
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2011, 08:20:59 AM »
Strap it on Jackie! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2011, 02:11:52 AM »
Maybe you should talk to her and voice your concerns. If she can understand that this place helps you relax, or just that you really enjoy spending time here, then there wouldn't be a problem. She could bring it up because she feels like it's a waste of time, but if you explain to her then she would probably give you your space. You could always ask her to voice her concerns. Perhaps she probably just wants to spend a little more time with you and she's taking it out on DTF.. haha.

Just a thought..

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2011, 02:17:41 AM »

DTF will never stab you in the back
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"