Author Topic: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)  (Read 393029 times)

Offline krands85

Re: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)
« Reply #1540 on: September 27, 2014, 04:19:52 AM »
Actually that was Shattered Fortress, not Glass Prison.
Oops  :blush :facepalm:
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #1541 on: September 28, 2014, 12:49:17 AM »
 :sadpanda:

Offline tiagodon

« Reply #1542 on: October 01, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »
So... what was the setlist in Chile and Argentina?

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1543 on: October 01, 2014, 02:09:37 PM »

Take a guess... ;D

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1544 on: October 01, 2014, 03:47:32 PM »

Take a guess... ;D
Wait - you mean they played ACoS, TCoT, ItPoE, Octavarium and LtL?!?!?!?!    :omg:

:biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1545 on: October 01, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »
And an extended version of You Not Me
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #1546 on: October 03, 2014, 07:08:46 AM »
Full Show:
Porto Alegre, Brazil :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_UR9FrJ3TQ

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1547 on: October 15, 2014, 01:44:23 AM »
So, given all the context the nothing is gonna happen that's special, but DT is playing in Indonesia on the actual 15th of SFAM.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1548 on: October 22, 2014, 06:19:59 AM »
I sure hope cyberdrummer is doing okay. I didn't realize how much I relied on his updates until his absence.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1549 on: October 24, 2014, 06:48:11 AM »
Holy shit, he hasn't been online in almost two months!  :omg:

Offline bluehaze1933

« Reply #1550 on: October 29, 2014, 07:21:23 PM »
The tour is OVER. Jordan's Facebook post confirmed it. I suspected that Australia would be the end but I hoped beyond hope that it wasn't...Very disappointed here in Florida. I have no desire to watch the new video because it will remind me of what didn't come our way...at least PHISH will be here in Miami for four shows for New Years and the WHO (what's left of them) will be here in April...pretty sure Rush will be here as well in 2015. Congrats to all of those that had the fortune of seeing them on this tour. I'm sure they rocked.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1551 on: October 29, 2014, 07:28:19 PM »
I have no desire to watch the new video because it will remind me of what didn't come our way

lol, don't be so hard on yourself and buy the DVD.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bluehaze1933

« Reply #1552 on: October 29, 2014, 07:46:42 PM »
Maybe in a few years....maybe
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:32:58 PM by bluehaze1933 »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1553 on: October 30, 2014, 09:08:17 AM »
If you didn't get to see them live, wouldn't the DVD be the perfect way to enjoy what you weren't able to see in person? Our country didn't even get DT last tour, and we only got 2 shows this tour. Either way, I'm getting the DVDs to watch and support the band. :tup
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bluehaze1933

« Reply #1554 on: October 30, 2014, 11:36:41 AM »
I assume you are from the Netherlands...great country by the way...but the Netherlands is half the size of New Jersey and Dream Theater didn't come further South than Washington DC...a thousand miles from Miami. I would have driven 400 miles if given the chance. Their tour of the United States was way too short. They must have known of the disappointment of those of us in the South. They must have been aware of the demand for them down here. They never made one mention of not coming South or even acknowledge that we are disappointed. They played every else in the world but they couldn't include some seriously major cities like Miami or Dallas or Atlanta. Really? I've heard all the BS about promoters and such, but when they play some seriously bush league towns like Salem, Oregon the argument just doesn't hold water. I want to se a REAL show by them...an Evening with...show and not some 80 minute multi-act show. With all do respect to Europeans and the Dutch, the continent is tiny and one can get to multiple shows in just 3-6 hours by train. If they didn't play the Netherlands on the last tour, I'm sure it wasn't too difficult for you to see them in Germany or France on a day trip. Not so here in The U.S. They could have and should have added just 2 weeks to their tour to include the South, either on their way to South America or after South America but they didn't. They did like five shows in Brazil and two in Buenos Aires but they couldn't do a single show in some International cities in Florida or Texas. They just kept us hanging with cryptic messages by Jordan that they might play here. I just don't have any desire to reward them with my buying a video of a show that we were not asked to attend after waiting for over a year for some word yay or nay...It would be nice to hear some word of consolation from them...some acknowledgement about why we couldn't be apart of their so-called World tour.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1555 on: October 30, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »
I assume you are from the Netherlands...
Not to derail your post BH as I do sympathize with you, but Blob's not from there. Here's a hint at where he's from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XfR9iY5y94s#t=76
 ;)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1556 on: October 30, 2014, 04:15:16 PM »
I haven't heard that song in ages.....and it is an Australian Anthem...especially around Australia day!  :smiley:

I was upset when DT missed Australia last time, and like Blob said even this time they only did two states.

I have met plenty of people have had to fly to one of them to see them.....it is great that we have a new release DVD to carry us over to the next one.  :smiley:

Offline bluehaze1933

« Reply #1557 on: October 30, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
Thanks Scotty, my bad. The first half of my post just got destroyed but thanks for the correction.. still Jealous of Europe though. Maybe next tour. They really could have done a longer tour for everybody Especially the United States and Australia. If old man Roger Waters can do two year tours why can't Dream Theater do at least 2 months more on this tour? If James Labrie can do shows for the Metal Allstars and Mike Mangini can do a bunch of clinics in Europe certainly they aren't tired of the road yet. They are still young and their kids are grown...and it's their job. Again to those that saw the tour, congrats. I'm sure they rocked.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:12:57 PM by bluehaze1933 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1558 on: October 31, 2014, 04:06:43 AM »
JRs post said the 2014 tour has ended, so didn't say they won't tour the US in 2015 but I think it's safe to assume the show they toured won't be done again.  I hope to see them again in 2015 but I guess we will wait and see. I am lucky though, saw them 3 times on that tour.... And buy the DVD and support the band!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1559 on: October 31, 2014, 04:22:46 AM »
The DT12 tour is definitely done. So it's either buy the live DVD/BR, or wait till after the next album.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1560 on: October 31, 2014, 04:23:40 AM »
And if they continue this album/tour cycle thing, we'll get a new album next year :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1561 on: October 31, 2014, 05:28:43 AM »
Two words for bluehaze. 

Supply.  Demand.

You can talk about demand from YOUR perspective, but this is a business for the band.  Like it or not, demand dictates the price, and thus what (and in this case, where) the supply will be.  It's not just a random whim as to where the band decides to play.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bluehaze1933

« Reply #1562 on: October 31, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
One word for jingleboy: HOGWASH!!!! Check their Facebook page and you will see many  people are disappointed that DT didn't play a WHOLE REGION. No Dallas, No Miami. No Atlanta. No Charlotte. No New Orleans. No Houston. No Orlando. No Tampa. Supply and demand my ass. There is plenty demand in the South. You can't tell me there is more demand in Salem Friggin Oregon than there is in Miami/ Ft.Lauderdale where there is a huge metal base. Frankly, if Dream Theater expects to only play where they can get sell-outs, then they are alienating a shit load of fans. The best way to lose fans is to alienate them. This North American tour sucked (what, only 19 shows) as far as places played. In this day and age where music store no longer exist, touring is the way bands the make their money now. Dream Theater have, instead, resorted to selling ridiculously overpriced ($150 plus ticket price) meet and greet packages, and over-priced water-bottles. What's next? Over-priced Dream Theater condoms and coffins a la KISS. If Mike Portnoy can bring his band to Ft Lauderdale for $23 surely Dream Theater could have played here for $50-$60.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1563 on: October 31, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »
One word for jingleboy: HOGWASH!!!! Check their Facebook page and you will see many  people are disappointed that DT didn't play a WHOLE REGION. No Dallas, No Miami. No Atlanta. No Charlotte. No New Orleans. No Houston. No Orlando. No Tampa. Supply and demand my ass. There is plenty demand in the South. You can't tell me there is more demand in Salem Friggin Oregon than there is in Miami/ Ft.Lauderdale where there is a huge metal base. Frankly, if Dream Theater expects to only play where they can get sell-outs, then they are alienating a shit load of fans. The best way to lose fans is to alienate them. This North American tour sucked (what, only 19 shows) as far as places played. In this day and age where music store no longer exist, touring is the way bands the make their money now. Dream Theater have, instead, resorted to selling ridiculously overpriced ($150 plus ticket price) meet and greet packages, and over-priced water-bottles. What's next? Over-priced Dream Theater condoms and coffins a la KISS. If Mike Portnoy can bring his band to Ft Lauderdale for $23 surely Dream Theater could have played here for $50-$60.
Really mang, I think you're overdoing it. All your posts in this forum have been related to your disappointment for DT not playing anywhere near you. Of course there are complaints over DT's facebook page... everyone wants the band to play in their own backyards if possible.

Please chill, buy the DVD, watch what you missed, and stop making such a big deal out of it. Bummer they didn't play near you, but it's time to move on.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:04:14 PM by DarkLord_Lalinc »
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1564 on: October 31, 2014, 01:42:06 PM »
Two words for bluehaze. 

Supply.  Demand.

You can talk about demand from YOUR perspective, but this is a business for the band.  Like it or not, demand dictates the price, and thus what (and in this case, where) the supply will be.  It's not just a random whim as to where the band decides to play.
I'll agree with the supply/demand argument to a degree, but a major part of the problem is that some of the guys in the band (I'm almost 100% certain JP is one of them) is unwilling to be on the road for more than 4 or 5 weeks at a time, which is admirable in one way, but sucks in another. As such, typically you'll see that the European leg of a tour is split into 2 parts, with a 10 day space in the middle to allow the guys time to return home. I recall asking MP why they didn't do that in North America and IIRC, he said it wasn't cost effective, since they had to keep the crew guys paid for the 10 days they were off the road, but apparently it worked in Europe. Why the difference, I don't know.

The other thing to consider is the promoters - perhaps those in the south/southeast just aren't willing to pay as much as they are in the southwest, midwest and northeast. And routing is another thing. Having to make sure that appropriate venues are available on successive days from one city to the next is important, since it costs a lot of money to transport everything from one city to the next.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1565 on: October 31, 2014, 02:00:41 PM »
All true, Scott, and my "understanding" is that this tour was VERY expensive to put on. As in VERY.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bluehaze1933

« Reply #1566 on: November 02, 2014, 01:20:37 AM »
I know I've beat a dead horse on this one and my only hope is that one day the South CAN get an Evening with.. show. I believe we deserve one and I believe we can support one. That's the last I'll say on the issue. To all who got a chance to see this tour: I am very happy for you and the experience it must have been.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1567 on: November 02, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »
No
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1568 on: November 02, 2014, 11:49:54 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't do another North American leg, there are obviously fans in the regions they decided to skip over during the spring. Such a shame about so many people not being able to see this show. I'm extremely grateful they did two European legs, honestly.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1569 on: November 02, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »
I'm surprised they didn't do another North American leg, there are obviously fans in the regions they decided to skip over during the spring. Such a shame about so many people not being able to see this show. I'm extremely grateful they did two European legs, honestly.
What's really disappointing is the fact that it was implied by comments JL would make at the shows that they would be returning at the beginning of the year for another round of shows. Of course, things can happen (whatever they may be) so that a second tour leg doesn't happen, but you'd think they would've been more careful about what they said until it was a done deal that they were doing a second run thru North America.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1570 on: November 02, 2014, 09:21:05 PM »
All true, Scott, and my "understanding" is that this tour was VERY expensive to put on. As in VERY.
Those moving lights are probably ten grand apiece. I'm assuming they're rented, as they seem to be different from the ones used on the Dramatic Tour (but could be the same ones as PN09). Whatever the hell they used for video probably cost at least three human sacrifices per concert (which should have been the sound engineers IMO).
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #1571 on: July 09, 2015, 03:54:48 AM »
They Added another Show in Poland, woodstock festival 30th July.

LoL, of course i'll be there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1572 on: July 09, 2015, 05:39:36 AM »
They Added another Show in Poland, woodstock festival 30th July.

LoL, of course i'll be there.

Looks crazy, I have the Sabaton concert from the Poland Woodstock and there are soooo many people there.  Would love to see a recording of this concert!

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #1573 on: July 09, 2015, 09:02:00 AM »
Another UK show would be nice...
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Online geeeemo

« Reply #1574 on: September 08, 2016, 01:16:26 PM »
OK. I am a newbie to DT. About 1 year. Love them! I have bought tickets to both LA and Reno.  Everything is General Admission?  I bout the VIP Platinum for LA.
I saw this show earlier this year in Oakland and got seats right when I purchased.  These tickets are going to be sent 2-4 weeks prior.  I don't get it. I don't think they have standing - just seats - for this concert.  I even emailed the ticket seller - yep only General admission. Got to stand in a line for a venue with only seats.  I bought during presale from the DT website.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:23:04 PM by geeeemo »