Author Topic: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)  (Read 393170 times)

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
Re: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 01/16)
« Reply #1015 on: December 16, 2013, 03:15:03 PM »
Yea but after being a DIE HARD Styx fan for 10 years, they finally decided to do a tour where they brought out like 3 songs they'd never played live before in their career, and like 6 more that they hadn't done since the late 70's or 80's, and that was the one time they didn't come to the West Coast at all. I was NOT a happy kid at that time. I'm glad you guys say there's no chance of DT doing that, I would agree!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1016 on: December 16, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »
Just to make sure... DT would never skip southern California, right?

Last tour they played here 3? 4 times? Once at the Nokia Theater (LA) and The Grove (Anahiem), and then the Grove again and then at The Gibson in Studio City :)

I'm just tired of driving down to / through LA. Santa Barbara would be AWESOME...
You forgot San Diego!   :P

Was that the other Socal date added along with the second date at The Grove? I forgot about that :lol

Scotty have you been to the Santa Barbara Bowl? If so... wouldn't you agree that it would be a cool spot for DT to play?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1017 on: December 16, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
CHICAGO!!!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1018 on: December 16, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »
Apparently, according to DT's facebook... they are playing The Palace Theatre in Greensburg, PA

https://www.thepalacetheatre.org/schedule.html
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bmc

Quote from: SinisterMinisterX
Both "feel" longer than they are (in a good way).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1020 on: December 16, 2013, 05:05:01 PM »
Scotty have you been to the Santa Barbara Bowl? If so... wouldn't you agree that it would be a cool spot for DT to play?

But seriously, are there enough DT fans in the Santa Barbara area to fill a significant franction of it?  Even if you pull in the booming metropolises of Goleta and Oxnard?  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1021 on: December 16, 2013, 05:06:53 PM »

But seriously, are there enough DT fans in the Santa Barbara area to fill a significant franction of it?  Even if you pull in the booming metropolises of Goleta and Oxnard?  :lol

HEY WE HAVE  A LOT OF DREAM THEATER FANS IN OXNARD!

Well... at least 2.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #1023 on: December 16, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »
https://www.ticketmaster.com/dream-theater-los-angeles-california-04-19-2014/event/09004B8FCA8A4836?artistid=744581&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

The Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles April 19th
presale begins:Thu, 12/19/13
10:00 AM

That's coming up soon - who gets "pre sale" ?  Just some fan club or whatever, I assume ?

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #1024 on: December 16, 2013, 05:39:57 PM »
 :o :o YAYY!! Yes how do pre-sales work? Is it different from show to show, or is there a standard way to get in on DT pre-sales? I never have before

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1025 on: December 16, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »
Usually Amex or Citibank card holders

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1026 on: December 16, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »
https://www.ticketmaster.com/dream-theater-los-angeles-california-04-19-2014/event/09004B8FCA8A4836?artistid=744581&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Cool, that means SF will be right around that time. I was kinda nervous cause there's a weekend in July where I'm not able to go due to a friend's wedding.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1027 on: December 16, 2013, 05:55:03 PM »

Cool, that means SF will be right around that time. I was kinda nervous cause there's a weekend in July where I'm not able to go due to a friend's wedding.

I had a strong feeling we'd get April. Too bad they won't be in LA on the 29th. My Birthday :metal

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1028 on: December 16, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »
Have some of these dates been officially announced by any outlet by DT, out of curiosity?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1029 on: December 16, 2013, 06:42:05 PM »

I had a strong feeling we'd get April. Too bad they won't be in LA on the 29th. My Birthday :metal

Just hope SF doesn't get 4/20, the Warfield will be a cloud of pot smoke. :puke:

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1030 on: December 16, 2013, 06:42:23 PM »
ticketmaster.ca has them in Vancouver April 12th.  No other Cdn dates yet though.   :angry:

"Dates Scheduled in other countries"

Mar 27th - Tower Theatre, Upper Darby PA
April 8th - Burnsville (already mentioned)
April 9th - Uptown Theatre, Kansas City MO
April 19th - Orpheum (already mentioned)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1031 on: December 16, 2013, 06:44:40 PM »

Just hope SF doesn't get 4/20, the Warfield will be a cloud of pot smoke. :puke:

Well it looks like they are in Canada before heading to going to California (with an aching in their hearts), so in theory San Fran would be before LA. So maybe the 17th or the 18th.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1032 on: December 16, 2013, 06:50:05 PM »

Nope.  Looks like 4/17.  https://www.thewarfieldtheatre.com/events/index/10
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1033 on: December 16, 2013, 06:52:42 PM »
Ugh. The Tower is a nice venue itself, but...

Hope they play somewhere better in Philly this time. I'm not driving through the murder capitol of the world (Camden) and several areas of Philly which are probably just as bad / if not worse to see DT again.

So, yeah. Probably missing DT. That, or hopefully they play NYC on a weekend.

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #1034 on: December 16, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »
Whoo! LA date seems to be confirmed...

Any chance of additional shows in LA or the OC?

Guess DT will announce the entire tour dates...soon.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1035 on: December 16, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »

I'd wager money on The Grove again.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #1036 on: December 16, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »

I'd wager money on The Grove again.

Dude, I hope so! The Grove is the perfect place to see them.

Fingers crossed.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1037 on: December 16, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »
ticketmaster.ca has them in Vancouver April 12th.  No other Cdn dates yet though.   :angry:

Looks like another trip to KC for me! :metal saw them at this same theater on the SC Tour....at least KC is less than three hours away from STL.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1038 on: December 16, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
No AZ date so far. Big surprise.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1039 on: December 16, 2013, 09:00:17 PM »
Ugh. The Tower is a nice venue itself, but...

Hope they play somewhere better in Philly this time. I'm not driving through the murder capitol of the world (Camden) and several areas of Philly which are probably just as bad / if not worse to see DT again.

So, yeah. Probably missing DT. That, or hopefully they play NYC on a weekend.
I love the tower despite the area, but I'm pissed that of all the weeks they could play philly, of course its the week my schools on spring break and id be back in california  :censored
might be staying in philly for break then  :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1040 on: December 16, 2013, 09:10:01 PM »
Wow, DT really got kicked back in Minnesota. The Burnsville Performing Arts Center....
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1041 on: December 17, 2013, 05:40:40 AM »
Have updated the OP with current dates available.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1042 on: December 17, 2013, 06:12:45 AM »
No AZ date so far. Big surprise.

There will be one, I don't think they would skip us.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1043 on: December 17, 2013, 06:31:07 AM »

Uh oh... With my luck they will play NY on March 24 which is my daughter's 4th birthday.  So I might be traveling to PA to see them or somewhere else close. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1044 on: December 17, 2013, 06:59:18 AM »
Toronto show up on Massey Hall's website.  March 20th.

Public ticket sales begin Fri Dec 20, 12pm
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1045 on: December 17, 2013, 07:19:41 AM »
Is it me or are they playing smaller venues this tour? Or am I just used to seeing them in bigger venues 'round here.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #1046 on: December 17, 2013, 07:34:52 AM »
Looks like the leg will begin on the East Coast and end on the West.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: December 17, 2013, 07:38:32 AM »
Is it me or are they playing smaller venues this tour? Or am I just used to seeing them in bigger venues 'round here.

dunno.  Massey Hall is the same indoor venue they've been playing here since ToT.  It's a perfect concert hall... the acoustics and atmosphere are perfect; but a drag that it's only a 2k or so seating capacity.  Problem around here is that there aren't any bigger indoor venues suited for concerts, until you get to the Air Canada Centre (our NHL/NBA arena) .. and there's not enough demand for them to pay for that kind of venue.

I like it better when they tour in the summertime here, as there is a perfect outdoor venue with 7k + grass seating.  But that ain't gonna work in March.

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #1048 on: December 17, 2013, 08:09:29 AM »
They're certainly not playing smaller venues in Europe. It'll be interesting to see where they play in NYC.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1049 on: December 17, 2013, 10:49:01 AM »
They for sure are playing smaller here in Minnesota. The Burnsville Performing Center is not usually a concert venue. It has about a 1,000 seats less than where the usually play. Also, my first reaction was: where the hell is that? :lol
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen