Author Topic: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)  (Read 393089 times)

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 01/16)
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
Why is the Chicago date different than here?

https://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/dream-theater-north-american-summer-tour-dates

The date in this thread is based on the original press release. I'll try and find out which is the correct date.

Thank you. It's the difference between me being able to see them and not.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »

Please add Ohio to that list. Three shows is the most we've gotten in a LONG time. SO THANKFUL!  :biggrin:

Ohio getting three shows while major parts of the country (like the Southeast) were ignored is a major WTF.
yes, states like NORTH CAROLINA GODDAMMIT.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
Until we can get confirmation from the venues, I'll leave the dubious run of dates as follows:

2012-06-23 - Chicago Theatre - Chicago, IL
2012-06-25 - Taft Theater - Cincinnati, OH
2012-06-27 - State Theater - Minneapolis, MN
2012-06-28 - Starlight Theater - Kansas City, MO

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
I'm going to have to wait to see what Cincinnati does or i'll have to make the Cleveland trip instead.

The thought of a Columbus/Cleveland run doesn't sound half bad, either.  :metal
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Cookstar

« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »
Greensboro would be a good location too since it's close to halfway between Charlotte and Raleigh.  I just don't understand why they never come  :-[

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #460 on: April 14, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »
You guys just can't tag the band with all the blame. The promoters here in Ohio definitely don't like when DT comes to town, but people show up. Even though they're reluctantly booking DT, it works out for them in the end. I would have been glad just to see one date. That would have been a miracle in of itself.

Offline Cookstar

« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »
I'm not really blaming the band.  I understand there are other factors at work like management, promoters, etc.  NC has nearly 10 million people now.  It seems like someone would realize it's to their advantage financially to bring them here.

I still love the band and I'm going to Richmond to see them.  This thread was just a nice place to vent :)

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #462 on: April 14, 2012, 10:19:26 PM »
I'll join in in the disappointment  :tdwn . I'm getting to the 50+ concert mark now and have never been able to see DT because they always play 4 hours away or more at best.

Yes I understand I could make a trip but money is tight this way and that's gas, plus likely a place to stay and ticket costs on the spur of the moment basically. I guess I keep expecting they'll eventually break down and come close but I think this is my cue to give up that hope.

I understand there are a number of factors that go into a tour but come on ONCE in their career here? This band is bigger than that (whether some believe it or not).

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #463 on: April 15, 2012, 01:22:36 AM »
Greensboro would be a good location too since it's close to halfway between Charlotte and Raleigh.  I just don't understand why they never come  :-[

I agree. The War Memorial Auditorium would be a great place for them to play. I have seen a couple of shows there and I like that venue very much. Plus, it's only a 3 hour drive for me. I'm glad they are playing Richmond, I can make that drive in 4 hours. Sure does beat Clearwater and Orlando like we did last October. That was a 10 hour drive!
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #464 on: April 15, 2012, 01:33:46 AM »

I agree. The War Memorial Auditorium would be a great place for them to play. I have seen a couple of shows there and I like that venue very much. Plus, it's only a 3 hour drive for me. I'm glad they are playing Richmond, I can make that drive in 4 hours. Sure does beat Clearwater and Orlando like we did last October. That was a 10 hour drive!

The War Memorial Auditorium would be an excellent venue for DT to play.

Offline cosmicwxdude

« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2012, 07:46:53 PM »
The USA Tour dates being listed here are not the same as on other supposed official Tour lists I have seen, especially for Minneapolis.  On some Tour lists it says MSP will be on the 27th and others it says the 26th.  This also affects other shows including Chicago's date.  So folks, be careful with making solid plans based on these dates as something has to give here.
 ;)

Offline Jiangsu

« Reply #466 on: April 16, 2012, 07:10:52 AM »
I'm very excited to be going to the Beijing show - my first DT live experience.  I can't wait to see what the setlist is like for this leg of the tour!  :metal

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:24 AM »
The USA Tour dates being listed here are not the same as on other supposed official Tour lists I have seen, especially for Minneapolis.  On some Tour lists it says MSP will be on the 27th and others it says the 26th.  This also affects other shows including Chicago's date.  So folks, be careful with making solid plans based on these dates as something has to give here.
 ;)
We'll just have to see what ticketmaster and the venue's websites lists the dates once they're posted. Just check with the promoter and/or venue of the city you plan on attending. They will have the corrected information once it is posted.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2012, 10:32:45 AM »
Four dates in Texas but not one for New Mexico. Think its about time to sacrifice a goat.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ayeegit

« Reply #469 on: April 16, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
I was going to ask if there were other cities besides Denver where DT has played on *every* tour, yet got skipped on both legs this time around - but it looks like the short answer is "yes".

This stinks. 

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #470 on: April 16, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »
Leaving for South Korea late night all ready for the Dream Theater Pacific Rim Tour. I have a new drum solo. All sections of this one are in some form of "5" and it is more like a drum song. It will be so great to see you all there that I have performed for in drum clinics only. This will be a special treat to play with DT for you and to eat all the extra spicy seafood everywhere !!

I forgot: have also been working on new tunes for the US Leg and on hitting the cleanest and hardest I can. On the last tour, I whacked the kicks almost to the point where I'd normally think it isn't "musical," but on the contrary, the sound engineers were saying that the kicks sounded triggered because they emanated more of a broad sound spectrum that cut through. I must say I could really feel the training when I was sore every day for lunch :) I'm interested to see if I gained strength and speed for the stage. This progress thing just never ends.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:25:25 PM by cyberdrummer »

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #471 on: April 16, 2012, 02:38:43 PM »
No CT for The second time in a row  :censored
I hear ya! :angry:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #472 on: April 16, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
Whining about no CT is ridiculous. It would be like me whining about no Philly. Even if they didn't play there I'd still have plenty of other shows within a closer distance than what much of the country gets.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Elsydeon

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #474 on: April 16, 2012, 04:10:10 PM »
Whining about no CT is ridiculous. It would be like me whining about no Philly. Even if they didn't play there I'd still have plenty of other shows within a closer distance than what much of the country gets.
This.

You have New York City and Boston that are relatively close. To pack up and go to another show.

With the exception of the upcoming leg, I've had to venture out of Ohio to Pittsburgh or Chicago for shows on the past few legs.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #475 on: April 16, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »

I have that right because I don't want to drive to Texas. Denver would be better but these dates.are.odd.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #476 on: April 16, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
Just saw El Paso, maybe I'll go there since its the closest. It depends on the ticket cost

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #477 on: April 16, 2012, 04:49:33 PM »
It's not even about the traveling, I like the CT dates they play because they sound just perfect at the oakdale.  That is such an awesome venue...last leg I had to travel to Boston and wasn't thrilled with the orpheum's sound.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #478 on: April 16, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
Are they gonna make another post to alert people when tickets go on sale? or is it just gonna happen?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #479 on: April 16, 2012, 05:37:04 PM »
I think tickets went on sale saturday.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »
Ticketmaster added some more dates and when presales and sales start.

The Fillmore (Detroit, MI)
Fri, 06/22/12 at 07:00 PM
presale begins: Wed, 04/18/12 at 10:00 AM

Taft Theatre (Cincinnati, OH)
Mon, 06/25/12 at 07:30 PM
presale begins: Tue, 04/17/12 at 10:00 AM

State Theatre (Minneapolis, MN)
Wed, 06/27/12 at 07:30 PM
presale begins:Thu, 04/19/12 at10:00 AM

The Warfield (San Francisco, CA)
Sun, 07/01/12 at 08:00 PM
on sale: Fri, 04/20/12 at10:00 AM

Abraham Chavez Theatre (El Paso, TX)
Thu, 07/05/12 at 07:30 PM
presale begins:Tue, 04/17/12 at 10:00 AM

Majestic Theatre San Antonio (San Antonio, TX)
Fri, 07/06/12 at 07:30 PM
presale begins:Tue, 04/17/12 at 10:00 AM

Looks like the Cincinnati, and Minneapolis shows were listed a day early from what Dream Theater listed.
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »
Apparently it varies from city to city cause I just checked ticketmaster and the tickets for the San Antonio and El Paso shows go on sale tomorrow and there's no word on Austin or Dallas yet.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
For the El Paso guys. Where are the closest decent hotels to stay at, since im planning on going.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »
I love the Connecticut venue! DT used to play there every tour. I'm not whining. I'm disappointed. The closest show to me is Huntington LI on a Tuesday & Wednesday night. Its a 2 hour+ drive. Not doing that. Next closest is PNC on a Saturday night. 2 1/2 hour drive. Certainly doable, but I probably won't do it.
I would have been happy with another NYC show, so I could have gone into the city on Metro North. That I would have done.
Yup, being in the area I live I am spoiled. I want my local show that's a half hour drive from home. I can bitch about it, because it used to be a mainstay stop every tour, and now its being skipped.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2012, 05:54:12 AM »
I love the Connecticut venue! DT used to play there every tour. I'm not whining. I'm disappointed. The closest show to me is Huntington LI on a Tuesday & Wednesday night. Its a 2 hour+ drive. Not doing that. Next closest is PNC on a Saturday night. 2 1/2 hour drive. Certainly doable, but I probably won't do it.
I would have been happy with another NYC show, so I could have gone into the city on Metro North. That I would have done.
Yup, being in the area I live I am spoiled. I want my local show that's a half hour drive from home. I can bitch about it, because it used to be a mainstay stop every tour, and now its being skipped.

Funny, but being married with kids can make a 2 hour drive a lot longer than it used to be.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2012, 06:35:43 AM »
Back-to-back nights in Huntington is very interesting. Do I smell a DVD shoot?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »
No Seattle or Portland show.  :sadpanda:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #487 on: April 19, 2012, 04:34:04 AM »
DT should be on stage in Seoul within an hour I would think.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #488 on: April 19, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »

It's one in the morging there. Is there any report of the show, or at least something about the setlist?
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #489 on: April 19, 2012, 08:56:19 AM »

It's one in the morging there. Is there any report of the show, or at least something about the setlist?
www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2012/seoul-olympic-hall-seoul-south-korea-33de6891.html
I can't believe that setlist is same as on European tour :/
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...