Author Topic: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)  (Read 393016 times)

Offline kefka

Re: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 01/16)
« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2011, 12:22:30 PM »
Had this same experience in DC last night. Not only did the assholes in front of me talk through WFS and FFH (and the whole show), they bitched about song selection (they wanted Another Day). Took a lot of effort not to get stabby.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2011, 06:02:12 AM »
That's been bothering me as well. Shut the hell up, people, and enjoy the ballads.

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2011, 07:40:01 AM »
Yea. Some cunt sitting next to me at the DC show wouldn't stop screaming in my ear. If u heard a chick scream during ffh and all the quiet parts, in general, it was her.

Offline dtnj

« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »
During Wait for Sleep in Morristown, there were guys talking. This one of best songs live featuring JLB & JR and the converstion behind was drowing out the song.

Offline Banny

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
I feel your pain. You shoulda chewed them out the way you did MP on Twitter.
:lol :rollin :lol

Yea, I hate when people talk/yellbecauseit'saconcert during quiet songs. Luckily, I didn't notice it during this tour at Massey Hall, but I have in the past. It was largely different seeing Porcupine Tree perform Lazarus. I wonder why people don't take in DTs ballads in the same way.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
I feel ya, had some asshole behind me scream"bring the drummer back" during Beneath the Surface.  Dick.

Offline Derango

« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2011, 01:09:39 PM »
During Wait for Sleep in Morristown, there were guys talking. This one of best songs live featuring JLB & JR and the converstion behind was drowing out the song.

And then some drunk guy screamed something out during Far From Heaven. It pisses me off too.

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
I sat right in front of the two assholes that kefka was talking about.  They talked super loudly through FFH and I seriously wanted to turn around tear out their vocal chords... it was really distracting from what I thought were some of James' best vocals that night (not that any of them were bad).  I was a bit pissed.
"Are you listening to the words I say.  In the meadows my thoughts dance and play.  I know now I'm the only one.  Who can convince the rising sun"

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2011, 03:49:59 AM »
Correction required (?): San Diego, Balboa Theater is 12-1-11, but i think it is listed in this thread as 12-4-11. 

Offline lyfeternl

« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2011, 09:55:38 AM »
At the Atlanta show last night, some genius thought that the ballad session was the time he'd tell the band what to play. For a good 5 seconds at the beginning of TSM and BTS, he bellowed out "Play fuckin' Hollow Years! Hollow Fuckin' Years!!!" The dude was probably three or four people behind me. I seriously thought about making my way back there and chopping him in the throat. Either that or have JP shoot lightning out of his eyes and disintegrate that idiot.

I feel better now :)
"...the last is just a flurry of notes...so just do it and hope you don't suck..." - JP

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2011, 02:23:39 PM »
I feel your pain. You shoulda chewed them out the way you did MP on Twitter.

...or he could have got their twitter accounts and chewed them out there.  OR...got their phone numbers and called them up and played the ballads for them ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR got Dream Theater to go to their house and play the ballads for them personally.

Offline bardic_tortoise

« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2011, 02:33:21 PM »
Yea. Some cunt sitting next to me at the DC show wouldn't stop screaming in my ear. If u heard a chick scream during ffh and all the quiet parts, in general, it was her.

This can definitely be uncomfortable, but at least for me there is a difference between someone showing their appreciation (albeit loudly and in an annoying way) and someone holding a loud conversation. One shows a focus on and respect for the music, and a potentially misguided choice of showing that respect. The loud, off-topic conversation is just disrespectful.

Offline CrimsonE

« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2011, 04:12:56 PM »
I don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this, but I'm not certain if the main DT forum would be either b/c it addresses the current tour.

Anyway, for those who have seen DT this time around, does JR seem to be having a lot of fun every night?  I've seen DT three times before:  Giagantour 2005, PN 2008 and IM 2010, but I don't remember Jordan ever being quite as active or having as much fun as when I saw him a few nights ago in Atlanta.  He was really tearing the keys up, spinning them around, and tiling the entire keyboard set at selecte parts, and when he's on the Keytar--look out.  Plus, he really seems to be enjoying the interaction with the other band members, particularly MM.  Not since Dennis DeYoung in his prime have I seen a keyboard player relish his time on the stage as I have a few nights ago.

So I want to know whether this is common for Jordan throughout this tour, or even if it is common for JR in general.  In any case, I really liked it because it really allowed him to bring the fans into the show even more.

Or perhaps he's just happy he's no longer the "new guy"    :metal
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:02:57 AM by cyberdrummer »
In the heart of your most solemn barren night
When your souls turn inside out
Have you questioned all the madness you invite?
What your life is all about

Offline kefka

« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »
in DC, yea, jordan seemed to be having a great time. honestly seemed more interactive with the audience than the last time i saw them (PN09), both when the keytar came out and between songs.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »
in DC, yea, jordan seemed to be having a great time. honestly seemed more interactive with the audience than the last time i saw them (PN09), both when the keytar came out and between songs.

Agreed. Was at the DC show and Jordan seemed like he was having a blast out there. Hell, all of them were for that matter. I really do think Mangini's joy at being in Dream Theater is infectious, and they've all caught it.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline DT2003

« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
I think you could make an argument that the rest of the guys are having more fun these days... but as far as Jordan, IMO, he was always having fun on stage.  Him and MP were always the most animated on stage, by far.

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2011, 11:51:20 AM »
I noticed the biggest change in JLB, and then JMX.  I did catch Jordan smiling (probably more than usual) at the crowd reaction a couple of times.  I think the fans were better (more into every tune) than the Progressive Nation shows - just a bit more unified DT fan base...but it's all good.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:58:03 AM by TheSilentHam »

Offline Orion1967

« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2011, 02:15:33 PM »
In Atlanta if was funny during the JR zen riffer / JP shred fest portion of Endless sacrafice, when the two of them were face to face up close, Jordan playfully reached out to twang the tremolo bar of JP's guitar upon which JP promptly reached back to tweak some knob on the zen riffer.  it was quick and may have been missed unless you were right up front but I laughed my assoff. it was funny to see.  :lol
Cool Story Bro. 

Tell it again

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2011, 08:34:19 PM »
If they did this on my dates I'll sing along the ballads so fuck loud to annoying them and block them out.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2011, 08:39:02 PM »
This happened to me at the Australian Pink Floyd show. Absolutely annoying
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »
Good God, this actually does happen. It happened last night in Orlando. People are fucking retarded (or are stupid fucks when drunk)

Offline bigrich67

« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »
eh - he didn't seem quite so chipper at the boston show a couple of weeks ago.  he looked like he was a little distracted or had something on his mind.  i noticed it at the meet & greet i went to as well.  from what i've been reading here, it sounds like it was just an off night for him.  they are human after all...i'm sure they have their good days, great days, and days when they aren't feeling so well or things aren't going their way.

but yeah, overall the guys are having a blast performing so far on this tour.
 :metal

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2011, 05:24:12 PM »
eh - he didn't seem quite so chipper at the boston show a couple of weeks ago.  he looked like he was a little distracted or had something on his mind.  i noticed it at the meet & greet i went to as well.  from what i've been reading here, it sounds like it was just an off night for him.  they are human after all...i'm sure they have their good days, great days, and days when they aren't feeling so well or things aren't going their way.

I will admit, in the Infectious interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0KYWc7fcOWw) He seems kind of distracted or in a mood of sorts
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Flacracker

« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
I caught Jordan and Mike looking at each other a lot. I think all of the band members are more excited to be on stage during this tour.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2011, 03:47:35 AM »
Well that's the end of that leg. Wonder if we will see any minor setlist changes in December.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2011, 03:44:12 PM »
Well that's the end of that leg. Wonder if we will see any minor setlist changes in December.

I have a gutsy but almost certin feeling that Wither is coming back either as a regular or switching with Forsaken.
Also Lost Not Forgotten would probably come in as the last big progger from ADToE to play live.
Well cyberdrummer you have done a great job with this as always & I found this thread very useful through out the tour :tup
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
From MM's Facebook:

'Back to work today after some hours of post touring sleep and lots of work to do there is. My ankle muscles kill. That's a good day :) I will be filming a multi-limb Rudiments video for display at the NAMM Pearl booth and doing one drum clinic: at Fork's in Nashville on Nov 15th. Outside of that, the drum work will revolve around a slew of new songs for the 2012 sets. They're Burnin' man !!!'

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »
From MM's Facebook:

'Back to work today after some hours of post touring sleep and lots of work to do there is. My ankle muscles kill. That's a good day :) I will be filming a multi-limb Rudiments video for display at the NAMM Pearl booth and doing one drum clinic: at Fork's in Nashville on Nov 15th. Outside of that, the drum work will revolve around a slew of new songs for the 2012 sets. They're Burnin' man !!!'
The Europeans can look forward to a new set for this tour. Since there are only two ADTOE songs left to be played live, I can assume that MM means a bunch of songs from the pre-ADTOE catalogue.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Spacebar.

• Yarr...
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2011, 09:49:20 PM »

I will admit, in the Infectious interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0KYWc7fcOWw) He seems kind of distracted or in a mood of sorts

I think that's more the interviewer's fault?

Offline Spacebar.

• Yarr...

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »
https://youtu.be/TasegdLw3M8

LaBrie said "When we swing around the states and Canada again"  :yarr

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2011, 10:08:48 PM »
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2011, 10:12:47 PM »
So quick question; the whole tour they've been sleeping on the bus? Cause damn these bunk beds are tiny. Or I have this impression cause it's JP.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2011, 11:31:10 PM »
It could be, but he just seems to be somewhere else, like something else is bugging him
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2011, 04:36:48 AM »

Jordan was definitely distracted in Boston. I also noticed that. He seemed to be communicating with hiw tech. I also thought he was mixed a little low, so he may have been having equipment issues.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol