Author Topic: CCR  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
CCR
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:26:57 PM »
Any fans of this old band? They are one of favorite old bands ever, though that's just based on what I've heard. My dad played them A LOT when I was growing up, and that is one of the few bands that he and I both love. Just magical rock and roll. Got reminded of them last night when my bandmate played some on the guitar.

APPRECIATE

Edit: CCR = Creedence Clearwater Revival in case you didn't know

Offline lodeus

Re: CCR
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »
One of the best classic rock groups in my opinion.

Just about every song of theirs is a classic.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:31:33 AM by lodeus »

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
Really amazing nostalgic music. Lodi is such an incredible tune, and it gives me goose bumps whenever I listen to it.

I've actually never listened to one of their full studio albums, but I have a couple of their greatest hits packages on vinyl/cd, so I have probably half of their discography on various albums. Definitely want to check one of the full albums one day soon.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:14:36 PM »
Fogerty is fantastic, love his voice and love his sound.  Fav songs;

Green River
Proud Mary
Who'll Stop the Rain
Fortunate Son
Bad Moon Rising
Lookin' Out My Back Door
Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Midnight Special
Run Through the Jungle
Born on the Bayou
Lodi
Old Man Down the Road (technically just Fogerty but I love this one)
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
Agree with all of the above. Also have to give a shout-out for their version of I Put a Spell On You which is fantastic.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »
Agree with all of the above. Also have to give a shout-out for their version of I Put a Spell On You which is fantastic.

Yeah, that's a great one too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »
I got into these guys through the classic rock radio blasting me with Down on the Corner and Fortunate Son, which led to me getting Willy and the Poorboys.  What a great set of heartfelt, un-pretentious, and honest tunes!  Would anyone here be able to point out which albums to go for next? 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 08:45:33 PM »
I did a fill-in gig this weekend and we did Fortunate Son. Major high energy song. Much fun to play.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »
Good band.  Favorite tunes are Fortunate Son, Down on the Corner and Lookin' Out My Back Door.

This is one of the few bands where I think most are fine with just getting their greatest hits, since it has all of their best songs (no glaring, and intentional, omissions).

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »
Love CCR

Midnite Special and Down on the Corner are my favorites.

True story......Having played football in college and lifting impressive amounts of weight almost daily for several years, I finished law school and woke early one morning to find I had a very painful "knot" sticking out of the area of my "taint" (that highly sensitive area between a guys baby making swim team factory housing, and his anus). I rolled out of bed and discovered I couldn't walk. A quick trip to the ER, and I was diagnosed with thrombosed (clotted) hemmorhoids. I won't relive the horrific post surgery/ prisoner of war torture experience that I endured, lets just say it would have made the Dominicans blush; and just thinking about it causes me to break into a cold sweat.  But here it is: They prepped me for laser surgery, and after they gave me my spinal, and finished hopping me up on valium and morphine in pre-op, they turned me over and exposed my ass to the world (okay, not the world, but everyone in the operating theater).  I asked if they at least had a radio they could trun on, and they told me yes. I asked if they could tune it to classic rock, and they gladly obliged; and the VERY next song that came on was "Bad Moon Rising". One of the nurses pointed out just how appropo that really was, and everyone had a good laugh at my bum asses expense.. Thankfully, I passed out shortly thereafter.  :metal
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »
This is one of the few bands where I think most are fine with just getting their greatest hits, since it has all of their best songs (no glaring, and intentional, omissions).

I was wondering about that. Thanks for saying that.

Favorites:

Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
Bad Moon Rising
Down on the Corner

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 12:48:38 AM »
One of the best classic rock groups in my opinion.

Just about every song of theirs songs is a classic.

Yeah this.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 06:43:42 AM »
I love this band. They had tons of amazing songs in only a few years time. John Fogerty was a songwriting machine, and also chose covers well. Their no-frills, swampy, stompin' sound is awesome. A few favorites:

Green River
Born on the Bayou
Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
Fortunate Son
Down on the Corner

Really, almost every song they did is good (their haphazard final album Mardi Gras being an anomaly).
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 08:23:06 AM »
(their haphazard final album Mardi Gras being an anomaly).

Well, I read on wiki that one of the core members left and the band was already in "turmoil," so you know, it is what it is...an anomaly.

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »
Yeah, Tom Fogerty, rhythm guitarist and brother of John. Mardi Gras has several songs written and sung by the bassist and drummer at John's insistence, almost in an attempt to break up the band. Like...you guys wanted more input? Well, I'll force you to put some crummy songs on the album to prove why I'm the lead singer/songwriter. Weird but talented guy. :lol

By the way, John Fogerty has some really good solo stuff. I particularly like the album Blue Moon Swamp.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!