Author Topic: So... My gay friend came out to me... but that's not the most surprising part...  (Read 12436 times)

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
Now, I don't have anything against gay people, in fact, I support gay rights. I may be straight, but I think that gay people should be able to do whatever they like just like anyone else.

But my friend came out to me a little bit ago over the phone. I've known him for a loooong time, since I was in Elementary school and I had no clue he was gay all this time. Now, like I said, I have no problem with that... But then he told me something else...

He told me that he likes me, and he always has. That's still not the most surprising part.

I was like "I'm sorry dude, you're my best friend but I don't like guys..." He says something like "Well, before you say no, let me try something." I'm like "What?" So he tells me he'll be over in a few minutes. Knock at the door, open it up and my best friend is standing there in drag. That itself is not the most surprising part. The most surprising part is that he actually looked good. If he didn't talk in his normal voice, I would never have known it was him. He looked like a completely different person, and, well, like a girl. So he tells me that not only is he gay, but he's transgendered and wants to have a sex change.

At this point I'm like completely weirded out. I really don't know what to think. So he changes his voice to be more feminine and starts trying to... you know... turn me on, I guess.... I'm like "Dude, I can't do this..." So he backs me up against the wall and asks me "Do you think I'm pretty?" And well... Considering that he was made up in such a way that he looked completely like a girl (and he's always been kind of thin and androgynous anyway), I said "....Yeah..." So he tells me something like "Then kiss me. It's just like kissing a girl. Just pretend that I'm a girl. Someday I'll be a girl too." So I'm like "Dude... I can't... This is too weird..." And so he like... wraps his arms around me and says something like "Please give me a chance. I really love you and it's not really gay for you since I look like a girl and when I get enough money I'm gonna have a sex change." And I just... I looked at him, who didn't even look like my male best friend anymore and thought.... He did look kind of cute... ...And so I kissed him... ...And I don't mean like... a peck on the cheek... I mean full blown french kissing... ...And eventually we were on the couch making out... ......It felt so good..... After we were done he was like "I know I was a little forceful so please think about it more. It's okay if you don't want to keep this up, but please think about it." and he left.

...And well, here I am.... I really don't know what to think... I mean... We are best friends and... he does want to get a sex change and he's kinda cute when he's dressed like that but.... It's still kinda weird...

...What do I do? I'm not gay, btw.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
Holy shit. When you say "making out" and "after we were done".. What do you mean exactly?

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Cool story bro???

Honestly I was waiting for the post to end with "I got in one little fight and my moms got scared and said "ya movin witcha auntsie and uncle in Belair' ."

But seriously if everything you posted is 100% honest I'd simply advise you to be as supportive as you can comfortably be with your friend and stand your ground for what your comfort levels are. These are likely the most trying times of this dude's life and to make matters worse he's gonna have to deal with moderate(at the very least) heartache since based on your wording and tragically heterosexual lifestyle he won't be getting a love interest for whom he's pined for a very long time.

So basically I'm saying to put yourself in his shoes as much as possible to fully understand his view of things. You may have to put up with some very uncomfortable advances (once again, stand your ground in a non-hurtful way in order to make it VERY clear what is/isn't acceptable behavior) and this will likely be a daunting experience but you mainly need to realize that this will take a good while to unfold and your friend will likely come back to earth pretty soon once he gets a better grip on his emotions and has a chance to settle into this new "skin."

Also, be aware of any unusual activity in his behavior because(I swear I hate to be needlessly alarming) while nothing you mentioned in the OP is indicative of suicidal behavior sometimes when folks come out they have a traumatically difficult time dealing with some of the reactions they encounter and this can become a very dark and scary time for them if they feel they don't have the kind of support system around them they need to get through such turbulent times.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:20:34 PM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
I read this thinking it was one of those Luke Skywalker stories...

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Is this real?

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member

Offline juice

• om nom nom

Offline ehra

...What do I do?

Assuming this is for serious, the most important thing right now is to be absolutely sure you know how you feel about the situation before things go any further. If he got the sex change, how would you feel about the relationship? Would you be comfortable when/if other people know? How about until he gets the sex change, how are you going to feel about the relationship until the surgery actually happens? What if, for some reason, the sex change never happens, how would you feel and what would you do then?

Tough situation, what you do from here depends a lot on how feel about different issues.

Offline robwebster

Same!! Got a little way into it, then scrolled down 'cause I thought I'd rumbled it, before realising... oh, christ!

That is one HELL of a weird story. I have absolutely no idea what I'd do. FWIW I kind of think of sexuality as a sliding scale - I think 100% straight and 100% gay are very rare ideals. So, I wouldn't start questioning yourself too much.

Also, just so it's out of the way, I figure someone's going to say "Stick it in his/her pooper," before long. So er - first?

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.

Exactly this.  

I'm afraid it'll sound rude if this isn't the case, but is this supposed to be a joke?  

Offline jsem

Assuming I'm not being badly trolled here (I probably am though):

Let him make his own choices, but if you don't want him coming on to you - make it perfectly clear. Also, it might help to keep his secret a secret and not spread it around the interwebz like this.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
Well, rest assured that, if you do continue this, you will have intercourse before your friend gets the sex change.

Also, it might help to keep his secret a secret and not spread it around the interwebz like this.
If this happened to me this would be exactly what I would do. It's not like anyone knows who it is right?

Offline ClairvoyantCat

Offline Ħ

At first I thought it was a dare, and he was just trolling you.  But if he went so far as to make out with you...I dunno man.  I just don't know.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
If I made a thread like this I would be refreshing this five times a second waiting for the first reply. Emindead hasn't even checked it yet.

Offline Ħ

If I made a thread like this I would be refreshing this five times a second waiting for the first reply. Emindead hasn't even checked it yet.
You're right.  Could have been hacked.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline ClairvoyantCat

The whole thing's copypasted.  A simple google search would show that.

So don't take it seriously.  It's a joke, I guess.  How funny.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
Well that sucks.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member

Offline ehra

Well, he sure showed us. Something. I guess?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness

Really glad you pointed that out.  Now it's only somewhat creepy, as opposed to, well, full blown creepy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
HA HA HA HA

GOOD ONE EMINDEAD!!!!!!

Offline robwebster

Well that was a dead interesting inkblot test for the ten posts or so it lasted.

Seconding the creepiness. Can't be the only one who tried to measure how I'd react though. It's like trying to work out how you'd handle a zombie invasion - it's never gonna happen, but dear jesus, it's weird enough that you don't want to be caught off guard.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
wow, i'm glad it was copy/pasted.

cuz the big nasty was about to rant, and set this thread straight.

nice one btw emindead, although i must say the "is this real" thing popped into my head.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
What a strange copypasta.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline robwebster

I think it's the lack of a punchline. Makes the responses the interesting bit.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni

DAMMIT!

I think it's the lack of a punchline. Makes the responses the interesting bit.
Definitely was going for this. I tried not to creep out in class when I read this.

As someone pointed out in one of the comments I read, I had a small chump after reading this. It was weird.

Offline j

Can't believe how many people bought this. :lol

Way more successful than most troll threads of its type.  Good work emin. :tup

-J

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Well, the problem is that I wouldn't actually want anybody to even entertain the idea that it could be true if I had posted it.  Any response other than "has to be a fake.  El Barto would have set him, his dog, car and three closest relatives on fire"  would be a failure, in my book. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
Hot story, good writing Emin. Don't believe it though! ;)

EDIT: Heh always read threads in full before responding.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
For a second I thought I was reading about how emin and Nick met up

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: So... My straight friend came on to me... and then on me...
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T TELL!
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
Someone pulled the shiny pidgey copypasta gag on another forum I frequent. I usually find it's used by people with lame senses of humor trying to be funny or provocative or "trolls."

Offline XianL

• DTF.org Member
For a second I thought I was reading about how emin and Nick met up

Return of the orange frog?! Yessssssssss

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
I feel like this is some sort of copypasta from *CENSORED*

Regardless, I do know somebody who is gay and is actually in the process of getting a sex change. He came out to me and I've been supportive of him for years. I haven't exactly been in that position though