Author Topic: WTF, I just learned a former band buddy of mine played alongside Brad Pitt!  (Read 1984 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
I used to play in a band in Germany called "The March". Well, it was Irish Folk Rock, so we had a violin player. He at some point left the band to move to Berlin to enroll in acting school.
Well, fast forward ~10 years, and I just learned that he played in Inglorious Basterds! (and also the movie Ghetto and one called White Ribbon).

Crazy!

The guy's name is Sebastian Hülk in case one wonders.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline jsem

Cool story bro

Offline SinTrade

white ribbon is a great movie.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
I work with Paul McCartney's cousin.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
I went to elementary, middle, and high school with the son of a member from Sister's sledge (the "We Are Family" one-hit wonder).

Dave Ellefson used to live in my neighborhood while I lived in it. I've met him twice--once when I was really young, and again just 2 years ago.

My dad golfed with Alice Copper and beat him. He also lives in the same state as me.

*Shrugs*

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
I went to elementary, middle, and high school with the son of a member from Sister's sledge (the "We Are Family" one-hit wonder).

Dave Ellefson used to live in my neighborhood while I lived in it. I've met him twice--once when I was really young, and again just 2 years ago.

My dad golfed with Alice Copper and beat him. He also lives in the same state as me.

*Shrugs*

Your dad must be a really good golfer, cause I've heard that Alice Cooper is a very good golfer himself.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Stephen Colbert lives basically a town over from me, and has supposedly come in my family's restaurant before (though never while I was there  >:()
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member

*Shrugs*

Your dad must be a really good golfer, cause I've heard that Alice Cooper is a very good golfer himself.
He is, actually. He wins all sorts of competitions without trying. Like, he never even practices his technique anymore and he doesn't golf nearly as much as he used to, and he still whoops everyone he goes up against whenever he golfs.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
There's a fairly famous bloke who resides in my town by the name of Danny McBride.  It's a fairly small town of about 20,000 people so that's pretty cool.  I've seen him around at least 3 times, as he often showed up at the cafe where I used to go to all the time.  I've had a brief conversation with him whilst waiting for my smoothie to be delivered, actually, but I didn't really know what to say because I'm not familiar with any of his movies except for about half of one.  It was a pretty awkward conversation because of that, but at least I spoke to someone who most people know.  He was a pretty nice guy, as it seemed.  

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
That's pretty awesome.  Golf is so difficult to be good at, its ridiculous.

/sidebar
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
There's a fairly famous bloke who resides in my town by the name of Danny McBride.  It's a fairly small town of about 20,000 people so that's pretty cool.  I've seen him around at least 3 times, as he often showed up at the cafe where I used to go to all the time.  I've had a brief conversation with him whilst waiting for my smoothie to be delivered, actually, but I didn't really know what to say because I'm not familiar with any of his movies except for about half of one.  It was a pretty awkward conversation because of that, but at least I spoke to someone who most people know.  He was a pretty nice guy, as it seemed.  

that man is hilarious. watch eastbound and down and appreciate how close you live to him

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Joe Walsh goes through the drive-thru of where I used to work (Boston Market).

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
Some scenes in the original X-Men film were shot at a mansion across the road from my high school. The cast and crew ate lunch in our cafeteria during filming, and my Grade 10 drama teacher met Patrick Stewart.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
The bass player of the same band had Claudia Schiffer as a high-school fling.

WHAT'S MY SCHTICK?!!

rumborak

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
The bass player of the same band had Claudia Schiffer as a high-school fling.

WHAT'S MY SCHTICK?!!

rumborak

You hang out on the internet with teens and old farts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
:lol

Thanks, Shmeg.

rumborak

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
yeah man

You're friends with THE bosk1!
and our very own Chris Reineman, webcomicker extraordinaire

them's pretty famous

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
I live pretty close to the guitar player of this fairly well known prog metal band.  Can't remember their name, but they're supposedly the biggest band in their genre.  I think their drummer just left or something.

I've bumped into the guy around town a few times.  Really friendly, but he's always trying to steal my salmon.

Offline jackbauer114

• I DO COCAINE!

*Shrugs*

My dad runs several golf courses for a living. He's met all of Rush, Eddie Van Halen, and George Bush senior, all of whom were golfing on his course. :P

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Most here don't care about Shadow Gallery, but that band started in the city where I live and now I'm friends with a bunch of the guys. Also, guys named John Myung and Mike Portnoy both live within 15 miles of me.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Also, guys named John Myung and Mike Portnoy both live within 15 miles of me.

Who?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Joe Walsh goes through the drive-thru of where I used to work (Boston Market).
But I thought he lost his license
Now he doesn't drive
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:49:04 AM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
I've ran into an old Opeth member a few times (Johan DeFarfalla, bassist on their first two albums) when he used to be a politician here in my hometown.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Kosmo

I'm related to Adam from the bible.