Author Topic: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Hedman is a cupman.  (Read 64983 times)

Online pg1067

Re: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Hedman is a Cupman
« Reply #1225 on: October 01, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »
My favorite Henrik Lundqvist memory.   :biggrin:

I think at the time this picture was snapped, I was already elevating about six feet into the air from my chair in the restaurant/bar where I watched this game with my then 12yo son.

Seriously, though, Lundqvist has been a really good player and, AFAIK, a good guy for a long time.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1226 on: October 01, 2020, 11:52:58 AM »
My favorite Henrik Lundqvist memory.   :biggrin:

I think at the time this picture was snapped, I was already elevating about six feet into the air from my chair in the restaurant/bar where I watched this game with my then 12yo son.

Seriously, though, Lundqvist has been a really good player and, AFAIK, a good guy for a long time.

I remember that like it was yesterday. I shut off the television, got up quietly, and said "I'm going to bed". It was devastating, as this is the closest that either of my favorite teams (the other team being the New York Jets) have been to championship glory in my lifetime (I was an infant in 94 so that doesn't really count). It's taken until this year for me to stop hating the Kings, and tbh I don't think I'll ever like them. The refs played a role in that Finals, but honestly as soon as LA got past Chicago in the WCF I knew what would happen. The Rangers matched up better with the Blackhawks than the Kings. Just like the next season when Tampa, the one team the Rangers couldn't beat during their President's Trophy run, advanced to the ECF. The Rangers have a bright future ahead of them, but knowing that Lundqvist carried this team on his back and they couldn't return the favor by getting him that Stanley Cup victory breaks my heart. Hopefully his next team can do it for him (unless he ends up in Montreal, Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Newark, or Long Island).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1227 on: October 01, 2020, 01:38:13 PM »
^^ Oh, so you're fine with him if he ends up in DC?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1228 on: October 01, 2020, 02:06:55 PM »

I actually like Washington. Ovi is one of my favorite players.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1229 on: October 09, 2020, 11:48:15 AM »

Wow.  It is actually true, he's going to the Capitals.

done now:  one year, $1.5 M for Henrik Lundqvist with the Capitals, as
@TSNBobMcKenzie predicted earlier today

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1314609779655008262

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1230 on: October 09, 2020, 02:39:21 PM »

Wow.  It is actually true, he's going to the Capitals.

done now:  one year, $1.5 M for Henrik Lundqvist with the Capitals, as
@TSNBobMcKenzie predicted earlier today

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1314609779655008262

I wonder where Holtby is gonna end up.

-MirrorMask

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1231 on: October 09, 2020, 02:42:27 PM »
He's heading to the Canucks.  Lots of goalies out there in free agency for today.

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1314621893337518081

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1232 on: October 09, 2020, 03:22:13 PM »
Maroon re-ups with the Lightning for two years.......Shattenkirk to Anaheim for three years.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1233 on: October 09, 2020, 05:13:13 PM »
Markstrom to the Flames... that ought to shore up their goaltending problem.

TJ Brodie to the Leafs.  Now *this* is a move I can get behind.  4x$5M.  Simmonds for $1.5M 1-year deal is pretty sweet too.

jingle.kids have been texting me all the moves all day long.

Ottawa is looking like they'll be a contender in the next year or two.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1234 on: October 09, 2020, 07:03:41 PM »
Krug to StL.

Looks like Petro will be a Knight before EOD tomorrow.

I like the signing. He’s two years younger than Petro, consistent, plays hard....gonna be a good player to add to the mix.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1235 on: October 09, 2020, 07:41:06 PM »
I wonder what moves will the Golden Knights make to get Petro.  They need to free up roughly around 6-7M or so and sadly for them, no one wants Fleury without Knights retaining and then more.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:47:00 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1236 on: October 10, 2020, 06:06:33 AM »
I like the Krug to St.L move.  First, Boston loses arguably their #2 d-man.  This pleases me.  Secondly, he was one a handful Boston players that I like, despite the jersey he wore.

Had no idea LVK was the destination for Pietrangelo.  I haven't been following the rumours very closely.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1237 on: October 10, 2020, 09:41:13 AM »
Krug to StL.

I like the signing.

So, you've forgiven him for that run on Robert Thomas in last year's finals?   :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1238 on: October 10, 2020, 11:43:39 AM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1239 on: October 10, 2020, 11:44:45 AM »
Beautiful!!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1240 on: October 10, 2020, 11:47:19 AM »
Krug's response was a gif. Pretty funny.

image upload software
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1241 on: October 10, 2020, 11:56:00 AM »
 :lol :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1242 on: October 12, 2020, 05:42:42 PM »
Well, it's official.  Golden Knights signed Pietrangelo.  $8.8M for 7 years.  Whistles......  You supposed he could have gotten more (either with the Blues or any other team) if the cap was not flat this season?

In any case, the Golden Knights has still not yet made any moves to free up space to get under cap.  They will have to soon.  Enjoy Cap Hell, Golden Knights.  Us in LA, we are going to get out of it in the next offseason.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1243 on: October 12, 2020, 06:30:43 PM »
I give it four years until the deal is really shit. I really don’t know how he is worth that much for 1 year, let alone 7!!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1244 on: October 12, 2020, 07:17:19 PM »
I give it four years until the deal is really shit. I really don’t know how he is worth that much for 1 year, let alone 7!!

It’s not even the money. It’s the non movement clause. That’s why he didn’t sign with the Blues.....they wouldn’t give him one. They offered a limited NMC for the middle years but wanted protection in the last 4 years.

I love Petro and all but he’s always been on the outside looking in as far as being ‘elite’. He threw a great Cup run together where he played like a man on a mission but for most of his career he’s just been really good......not next tier.

His best days are behind him. He turns 31 in January.....his first three, maybe four years he will be ‘worth it’ (I guess) but after that this contract is a big turd for Vegas. Lots of miles on that horse.

I’m fine with turning the page on Petro. Frees up Faulk to play his natural right side again and he and Krug were team mates for the USA back in the day. It also will allow space for a younger D man to step in....we have a couple great young talented guys.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1245 on: October 12, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »

I love Petro and all but he’s always been on the outside looking in as far as being ‘elite’. He threw a great Cup run together where he played like a man on a mission but for most of his career he’s just been really good......not next tier.

I agree with this. I never really thought all that much of him, but he was a beast for that Cup run.

I think you're gonna like Torey Krug. He's great on the powerplay and has a wicked shot for a little guy.

I generally don't get on teams if they decide not to pay a guy, but I'm actually gonna miss him. But he's in that middle ground between a Bruins team basically made up of two generations of players.

I will never forget him getting the call during the 2013 playoff run to the finals when he scored a goal in like his first 4 games. Ridiculous.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1246 on: October 12, 2020, 08:30:44 PM »
Vegas has started the sell off to fit Petro in. Nate Schmidt sent to Vancouver. That guy is solid AF.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1247 on: October 13, 2020, 03:38:26 AM »

That's kinda how I've always seen him as well.  He's not in the same league as Josi, Hedman, Burns, Giordano, Webber, Carlson etc...  I'd be hard pressed to think of him as a top 10 or 12 d-man in the league.  It's hard to think he'll continue to improve into his 30s.  The number of D that do (like Lidstrom) is far less than the number that fade off.  This definitely has all the makings of a the first 'bad' move by McPhee.