Author Topic: The sick and diseased thread  (Read 20795 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: The sick and diseased thread
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2020, 12:38:04 PM »
Yeah, that's what I am dealing with. Drips of blood occasions coming out.

Did you pack you? and if so when did they remove the nose packing?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2020, 05:43:09 AM »
For anyone that has a deviated septum or nasal polyps and you were thinking about surgery, I just wanted to give some food for thought.

A lot of people do pretty well with little issue. I was the opposite. After they do the surgery on the nose they pack it tight with gauze and now your nose is gone. Everytime you swallow the back pressure pushes on you ears and pops them a little.

Its very awkward and uncomfortable and its very hard to swallow, especially liquids. I have only been able to have half a cup of water in the past 24 hours and am very thirsty. The regular bleeding from my nose would not stop and got down my throat to the point where I had to throw it up and ended up going to ED last night.

LUCKILY, I can get the gauze removed today, but my friend who had a deviated septum had to have them in for 3 days. I absolutely couldn't have handled that.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: September 06, 2020, 06:48:30 AM »
Hey I'm sorry I missed this. No they didn't pack me but my buddy who just got the surgery did, he complained about the ear popping too.

Honestly I think the reason I fared well was because the migraines I had before the surgery were so bad and so crippling that any pain or discomfort I felt afterwords was a joke in comparison.

One side effect I did have is now when I sleep with my mouth open at night (lolz mouthbreather) my through is incredibly dry, I don't know how the surgery would effect that but since having it I've had to change how I sleep.

A little off topic and I guess I can put this in the diseased thread but I got my bill for my dental implants I'm going to do, roughly 20k :(

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #213 on: September 06, 2020, 06:50:42 AM »
A little off topic and I guess I can put this in the diseased thread but I got my bill for my dental implants I'm going to do, roughly 20k :(

Holy SHIT!  Any insurance that will cover some/most of that?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: September 06, 2020, 07:05:32 AM »
I have the best dental insurance provided by my work, so yea of course, they are going to cover all of 2k, that's if I split it up over two years so I can max out benefits :lol. Dental insurance is a joke in the states.

Some back story, in my late twenties I started noticing that teeth are starting to come up and I'm getting cavities in my molars. Turns out I not only have my wisdom teeth but an additional 3 teeth on top of that. All these teeth are starting to shift my molars forward and weakening them. To date I've had 6 molars removed, 4 wisdom teeth removed and another 3 to be removed. My implant surgery is to replace the molars taken out.

I blame all of this on Chernobyl. I was in the womb when that happened and I was only 500km away.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2020, 07:09:41 AM »
I have the best dental insurance provided by my work, so yea of course, they are going to cover all of 2k, that's if I split it up over two years so I can max out benefits :lol. Dental insurance is a joke in the states.

Some back story, in my late twenties I started noticing that teeth are starting to come up and I'm getting cavities in my molars. Turns out I not only have my wisdom teeth but an additional 3 teeth on top of that. All these teeth are starting to shift my molars forward and weakening them. To date I've had 6 molars removed, 4 wisdom teeth removed and another 3 to be removed. My implant surgery is to replace the molars taken out.

I blame all of this on Chernobyl. I was in the womb when that happened and I was only 500km away.

:omg:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2020, 07:22:49 AM »
Back when I started noticing an issue I went to the dentist and he kept looking in my mouth with this perplexed look on his face, he called for his other dental partner to come take look. The other guys was like "are you from eastern europe" I said yes, and he was like oh we see this issue from time to time. It's a genetic trait of eastern Europeans.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2020, 06:03:28 AM »
I remember one time I needed two root canals and crowns and it would cost around £1,000. I was on welfare at the time so i had no idea how I was going to save up for it...

...Luckily my friend who ran a rehearsal studio / jam room let me work A LOT of shifts - and I was getting around £300 a week on top of my welfare

( which is not strictly speaking legal but meh - desperate times etc - I was getting cash in hand and we both agreed that if anyone were to ask - I was a volunteer and no money was involved...).

And I ended up with £1,000 in notes laid out on my bed just looking at it hehe.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2020, 07:44:32 AM »
I remember one time I needed two root canals and crowns and it would cost around £1,000. I was on welfare at the time so i had no idea how I was going to save up for it...

...Luckily my friend who ran a rehearsal studio / jam room let me work A LOT of shifts - and I was getting around £300 a week on top of my welfare

( which is not strictly speaking legal but meh - desperate times etc - I was getting cash in hand and we both agreed that if anyone were to ask - I was a volunteer and no money was involved...).

And I ended up with £1,000 in notes laid out on my bed just looking at it hehe.

And f--- the teeth, amiright?    :) :)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2020, 03:39:35 PM »
Nah i'd rather not look like a 'guest' on one of those talk shows where they get people from trailer parks / council estates who have one tooth between the whole family  ;D ;D

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2020, 07:36:29 AM »
Since it looks like Eddie Van Halen died from cancer related to HPV and bruce Dickinson and Michael Douglas also had HPV related issues, I decided to get the HPV vaccine.

Up until recently, it was only given to girls and women, so it was a huge pain in the ass trying to get it. But I brought all the updated paperwork and was able to get it.