Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
Re: Happy Fathers Day
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »
This was my very first Father's Day and it was very eventful. Grilled burgers and hot dogs for my wife's side of the family in the early afternoon and steamed crabs with my father in the evening. Exhausting, but fun. I still haven't quite grasped the fact that I am, in fact, a father now, but every time I look at my son and my wife, I feel immeasurably wealthy.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 08:08:33 AM »
My Father's day was

6:15am:  Wake up on in-law's guest bed that is hard as a slab of stone.  My back was hurting and I couldn't lay there anymore.
6:15-10:00 am: Play Zelda Minish Cap on my kids old Game Boy
10:00-12:00 pm: Church stuff (my in-law's church)
1:00 - 2:30pm:  Dropped loads of money while listening to my 12 year old gripe about everything at the fancy restaurant we ate at.  I had Chilean Bass with crab meat and various veggies covered with a yummy cream sauce. :metal  He had a bowl of spaghetti noodles with no sauce - just butter.   :|
3:00-7:30pm: A little napping, a little US open golf on TV, a lot of Zelda Minish Cap on the Game Boy.
7:30-10:00pm: Drive back home from the in-laws
10:00-10:15pm: Go get the dog from the dog-sitter.
10:30pm: Bed!

I did get a card he made on the computer promising to take me to see the next Harry Potter movie.   Plus a ball point pen that says #1 Dad.  :)

I was bummed that I didn't get a chance to play a round of golf with my brother-in-law (who was out of town).  Oh well.  Lately for the sake of saving money our birthdays and Mother's & Father's days have been very uneventful. 

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »
Went with my dad and brothers to have lunch. We had lobster. Most overrated and overpriced meal in the world.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »
https://www.churchonthemove.com/service

On the latest video, start about 6 minutes in and watch for just a minute or two. Great musicianship.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
Well maybe a little late to post in here but yesterday me and my family went to our grandparents and great grandparents houses (had sloppy joes) and ended the day at buffalo wild wings. I love this holiday even if im not a father.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:59 PM »
https://www.churchonthemove.com/service

On the latest video, start about 6 minutes in and watch for just a minute or two. Great musicianship.

That's your church?  You guys are awesome.  When I saw the link, I thought it was gonna be to this:

https://vimeo.com/12714406

We played that (the video) right after the band finished the opening set.  All three services, we had to stay and watch it from the wings because it was so awesome.  The live version is cool, but maybe loses a bit because of all the visual humor in the video.