Author Topic: is this picture real ?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
is this picture real ?
« on: June 15, 2011, 02:40:50 PM »
Either way its pretty  :metal

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: is this picture real ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »
I couldn't see why not. Even the scaffolding is there.That seems overkill for a quick shoop.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:46:58 PM »
Even if it's not, it's still a neat picture. The woman standing underneath doesn't look like the kind of person who would have anything to do with building that, though. :D

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »
Even if it's not, it's still a neat picture. The woman standing underneath doesn't look like the kind of person who would have anything to do with building that, though. :D

Agreed...

No bread+no meat+no cheese=nothing remotely resembling a sandwich.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:33 PM »
Ack this is driving me nuts. I saw this recently but I can't for the life of me find the link where I saw it. There are more, though, and apparently they're going to museums or something?

EDIT:

https://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/06/thai-sculptor-autobots/?pid=3985&viewall=true

Giant Transformers sculptures made from recycled automobile and truck parts will be rolled out at Ripley’s Believe It or Not locations around the world this summer.

The Autobot art pieces, which come in 19-foot-tall and 8-foot tall versions, are being created by Thailand-based artist Anchalee Saengtai for England’s famous freak show.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
I'm glad these pieces of art are getting their rightfully deserved recognition but there are dozens of places better-fitting than Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Would anyone ever have a reason to not believe that the cartoon/movies existed?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »
Oddly enough it looks better than the one in the movies.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 09:32:16 PM »
Oh you!

I agree though.  CG has come a long way, but there's still nothing like physical presence.  Something actually built out of metal looks like it's made of metal.  CGI can look okay if things are moving quickly and things are blowing up and there's a heavy metal soundtrack to distract you, but when the close-ups and stills come, it can still look like shit.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 09:33:53 PM »
Oh you!

I agree though.  CG has come a long way, but there's still nothing like physical presence.  Something actually built out of metal looks like it's made of metal.  CGI can look okay if things are moving quickly and things are blowing up and there's a heavy metal soundtrack to distract you, but when the close-ups and stills come, it can still look like shit.

Well I just meant it looks a bit thinner and more defined, as opposed to the movie robots who look way too huge (which is unfortunately necessary if you want to make the transforming plausible).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »
Oh.  Never mind.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »
Oh you!

Not on Pandora :chino: