Author Topic: FEAST YOUR EYES. MY FINAL PROJECT HATH COMETH.  (Read 3111 times)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
Re: FEAST YOUR EYES. MY FINAL PROJECT HATH COMETH.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:28:20 AM »
I saw this already. 'Twas hilarious.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »
I love how an acoustic guitar is used to mimic playing black metal. :rollin
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:47:48 AM »
Great video. I can't really say why, but I thought it was hilarious.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:04 AM »
:clap:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:32:15 AM »
Liked it.

Edit: After watching the unboxing of your DTF secret santa vid: "I would never buy another album with Forsaken on it."

:rollin
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:39:39 AM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:29:48 AM »
Liked it.

Edit: After watching the unboxing of your DTF secret santa vid: "I would never buy another album with Forsaken on it."

:rollin
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »
Twas worth pausing A Change of Seasons  :smiley:
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »
 :lol

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
you didn't have me at first. But then the final scene. Shouted fuck and lost my shit laughing.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 02:19:20 PM »
Any video that uses Enslaved is worth at least more than a damn.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
Running from the Kvlt is a short film created by director/producer/actor Alex Sylvester. Between meandering and pointless bits of sloppy production, it intends to tell the story of a man who is trying to run from two apparent black metal musicians who are not chasing him to begin with.

The film starts with the protagonist, if he can be labeled as such, arriving home, walking into his house, and checking his freezer. Why we have to see any of this is beyond me. There are no expository elements to the introduction other than to inform you that the main character drives a car, lives in a house, and apparently has nothing of interest in his freezer.

There is no dialogue, but at the same time we are forced to listen to every sound the character makes. In a film that is supposedly intended to have diegetic music as its chief audio element, we are left wondering why we must listen to every squeak of a sneaker, every step of a staircase. It is not only distracting from what is important to the scene, it is also offensive to the ears.

At some point amidst the mish-mash of an introduction that the film forces down your throat with all the creative and literal force of a three-toed sloth, a black metal band appears outside the hero's sliding glass door. You draw this conclusion not from their appearance, but from the music playing far in the background. It would also appear that when the question of costume design and implementation came up during production, the director's answer was a swift "fuck it". The "black metallers" look about at "kvlt" as any teenagers you would find skulking about in a shopping mall food court.

When our hero realizes their presence, he does what any one of us would do and, without hesitation, runs off to grab a plastic toy shotgun. Not wishing to spare the viewer a moment of their lives, we are forced to sit and watch as the protagonist clumsily loads it with no sense of urgency, seeming to forget what he has grabbed the gun for in the first place. Once he remembers his mission, he runs off with conviction to the sliding glass door to confront the black metallers. Upon his arrival, he appears to be slightly aware of the fact that they have vanished, but takes no real interest in the situation at hand. Oh, you know, other than his first instinct being to kill them apparently rather than to ask them, like so many old neighborhood men might, to get off his lawn.

Upon attempting to return to the cozy interior of his abode, the hero discovers none other than those black metal rascals to be inside his home playing their unique brand of black metal. For some inexplicable reason, at this point he becomes the hunted rather than the hunter, and must make his lazy, uninspired escape from the black metal duo. Immediately he discards the all-important plastic shotgun as if he has realized that violence is not the answer and if he will have to fight he will do so as a man.

After much meaningless wandering outside his home, our hero confronts the black metallers and stares them down. After exchanging several inconclusive nods, they become best friends. Wondering who was chasing who? Wondering why a black metal band was playing outside this particular man's home? Well, I am as well, seeing as the film made it clear that it had no intentions of clarifying any questions the viewer may have. Instead you are left to ponder where your life has gone and whether or not you still believe in the medium of film.

This reviewer rates the film a 2/10 star effort, a clumsy start out of the gate for this horse who had broken legs to begin with.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:04:02 PM by sonatafanica »

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
:clap:

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
fucking lol
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :lol :rollin :rollin

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
Looks like I'll never work in this town again.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »
Wow, Chris :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 07:46:58 PM »
Running from the Kvlt is a short film created by director/producer/actor Alex Sylvester. Between meandering and pointless bits of sloppy production, it intends to tell the story of a man who is trying to run from two apparent black metal musicians who are not chasing him to begin with.

The film starts with the protagonist, if he can be labeled as such, arriving home, walking into his house, and checking his freezer. Why we have to see any of this is beyond me. There are no expository elements to the introduction other than to inform you that the main character drives a car, lives in a house, and apparently has nothing of interest in his freezer.

There is no dialogue, but at the same time we are forced to listen to every sound the character makes. In a film that is supposedly intended to have diegetic music as its chief audio element, we are left wondering why we must listen to every squeak of a sneaker, every step of a staircase. It is not only distracting from what is important to the scene, it is also offensive to the ears.

At some point amidst the mish-mash of an introduction that the film forces down your throat with all the creative and literal force of a three-toed sloth, a black metal band appears outside the hero's sliding glass door. You draw this conclusion not from their appearance, but from the music playing far in the background. It would also appear that when the question of costume design and implementation came up during production, the director's answer was a swift "fuck it". The "black metallers" look about at "kvlt" as any teenagers you would find skulking about in a shopping mall food court.

When our hero realizes their presence, he does what any one of us would do and, without hesitation, runs off to grab a plastic toy shotgun. Not wishing to spare the viewer a moment of their lives, we are forced to sit and watch as the protagonist clumsily loads it with no sense of urgency, seeming to forget what he has grabbed the gun for in the first place. Once he remembers his mission, he runs off with conviction to the sliding glass door to confront the black metallers. Upon his arrival, he appears to be slightly aware of the fact that they have vanished, but takes no real interest in the situation at hand. Oh, you know, other than his first instinct being to kill them apparently rather than to ask them, like so many old neighborhood men might, to get off his lawn.

Upon attempting to return to the cozy interior of his abode, the hero discovers none other than those black metal rascals to be inside his home playing their unique brand of black metal. For some inexplicable reason, at this point he becomes the hunted rather than the hunter, and must make his lazy, uninspired escape from the black metal duo. Immediately he discards the all-important plastic shotgun as if he has realized that violence is not the answer and if he will have to fight he will do so as a man.

After much meaningless wandering outside his home, our hero confronts the black metallers and stares them down. After exchanging several inconclusive nods, they become best friends. Wondering who was chasing who? Wondering why a black metal band was playing outside this particular man's home? Well, I am as well, seeing as the film made it clear that it had no intentions of clarifying any questions the viewer may have. Instead you are left to ponder where your life has gone and whether or not you still believe in the medium of film.

This reviewer rates the film a 2/10 star effort, a clumsy start out of the gate for this horse who had broken legs to begin with.

:lol this review was more entertaining.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 07:53:25 PM »
Chris, that was fucking hilarious
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »
My Lord, that review.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 04:10:58 AM »
Ouch.

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 08:39:07 AM »
the review :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 08:45:03 AM »
Oh God Chris :clap:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 08:46:26 AM »
*snip*

No one can claim no good came of this film.   :lol

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
Great video, fantastic review. :lol
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 05:50:02 PM »
I watched that and the "Completely Awkward" video, pretty good :lol but especially this one.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 06:39:22 PM »
Yeah, I liked the awkward one too.