Author Topic: Anyone remember that emo chick that cried about emo beat down day awhile back?  (Read 6487 times)

Offline TheMadgician

She's back on youtube, apparently. And she's ultra hipster now. She "didn't care" so very much about people that don't like her she had to make a 15 minute video saying so.

https://youtu.be/gA3P3QYgERA

I can only watch about a minute or so at a time before I have to pause and try to will her out of existence. She's just such a generic hipster.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
I think I made it 20 seconds in or something.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.

Offline TheMadgician

I figured plenty of people here would enjoy it. I know a lot of people loved laughing at this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJTFVM2A27c

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
I think I made it 20 seconds in or something.

rumborak

15 seconds for me

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Uhm. That's fake. She's taking the piss. Watch the video she just uploaded today.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
47 seconds. Beat that!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Don't even want to try.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
I am still curious as to why this video was posted here.
I AM A GUY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Kosmo

Watched the whole thing.

For some reason.

Offline TheMadgician

47 seconds. Beat that!

Is this going to become the official DTF "You laugh (or rage) you lose" video challenge?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
47 seconds. Beat that!

Is this going to become the official DTF "You laugh (or rage) you lose" video challenge?

Are you implying that video is humorous in any way?

Offline TheMadgician

47 seconds. Beat that!

Some people laugh at a blinding amount of dumb rather than rage.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
47 seconds. Beat that!

Who's raging?

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
I just watched the whole thing. Am I emo now?
I AM A GUY

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
I was being hipster before it went mainstream...XP
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline TheMadgician

47 seconds. Beat that!

Who's raging?

Plenty of people. I kind of have an unhealthy disgust for the average hipster. So it might be different for me.

I just watched the whole thing. Am I emo now?

Nope, you're a hipster.

I was being hipster before it went mainstream...XP

How many hipsters does it take to change a lightbulb?

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
I don't really care that she's a hipster. It's just ridiculous because she thinks anyone gives two shits about what she has to say.
I AM A GUY

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
tf is hipster aside from a style of panties?
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Wtf is hipster aside from a style of panties?
Us fogies want to know!!!

Kosmo

Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.

Totally wrote that off the top of my head too.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Looks like an act to me. Maybe that's obvious though.

Offline Ryzee

Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.

Based off of that definition, what's wrong with being a hipster?

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004

I'm in my 30s and did not know this was the name for THOSE people.

I've always just called them the people who think they're cool.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?

I find this description somewhat accurate. A fair chunk of these people I've met can have egocentric and condescending ways to an extent that makes me think they may not be all that comfortable with being "hipster" in the first place and perhaps the stuff I mentioned is some kind of defense mechanism.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Ryzee

Based off of that definition, what's wrong with being a hipster?

I find this description somewhat accurate. A fair chunk of these people I've met can have egocentric and condescending ways to an extent that makes me think they may not be all that comfortable with being "hipster" in the first place and perhaps the stuff I mentioned is some kind of defense mechanism.

Ah, I see now.  :tup  Yea, I wasn't familiar with that term either.

Offline TheMadgician

To a degree. That's how they fancy themselves at least. Did you ever see the episode of King of the Hill where the smug, aloof artsy types move into that one neighbor hood and kind of ruin it?

That's more of what a hipster is. Sure, that might be a stereotype. But all of the hipsters I've encountered have always been like that. They tend to be very ignorant, arrogant, pretentious. Fancy themselves artists, but it's always that kind of bad modern art where they try too hard to be artsy and symbolic and deep rather than actually making something good. They're also often hypocrites.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?

To a degree. That's how they fancy themselves at least. Did you ever see the episode of King of the Hill where the smug, aloof artsy types move into that one neighbor hood and kind of ruin it?

That's more of what a hipster is. Sure, that might be a stereotype. But all of the hipsters I've encountered have always been like that. They tend to be very ignorant, arrogant, pretentious. Fancy themselves artists, but it's always that kind of bad modern art where they try too hard to be artsy and symbolic and deep rather than actually making something good. They're also often hypocrites.

I agree with your post. Based on my own experiences it seems like they have a subculture with a fairly limited life cycle. I say this since most sub/counter cultures are formed with the intent of being a social refuge from the harsh ostracizing they've endured by their peers whereas with hipsters they seem content to basically do the same damn thing to outsiders that they probably went through themselves which is pointless and flat out stupid since they're only perpetuating something they've tried to avoid.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TheMadgician

Basically dead on. They're pretty much the same scene and emo kids from a few years back that no one liked. But they got older, found indie, thought they were artistic and deep, and changed their style.

I've met a few that actually aren't all that bad. But the vast majority are like the kis from that episode of King of the Hill and girl in the first video. Fifteen minutes of how she just doesn't care about what anyone says because she's so cool and above it. Just look, she's cool and she doesn't care, ok? So just stop you're dumb if you don't like me ok.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Don't forget plastic sunglasses and mustaches, people.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline TheMadgician

I never understood why mustaches of all things caught on as a hipster trend.