Author Topic: ZBomber's //OK its all done// roulette  (Read 22775 times)

Offline jsem

Re: ZBomber's Super Fabulous Gang-Roulette ROUND TWO!
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »
I actually bet that my solo has the most amount of notes...  :-\

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »
sent

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 07:50:32 PM »
I actually bet that my solo has the most amount of notes...  :-\

It's ok if it's fast/has a lot of notes. I just didn't want people to think it HAD to have those things in order for me to consider it good.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:16 PM »
You still diggin' the Michael Penn song Mike?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 09:45:47 PM »
Still love it! Can't believe it was recorded in 2000, it has such a vintage 70s feel to it!  :tup

Offline jsem

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
Has everyone sent by nao?

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »
Sent

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »
Has everyone sent by nao?

I have half of the submissions so far.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »
You should check out the rest of that Michael Penn album Mike.  You'd love it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2011, 08:23:31 PM »
Sorry, I only JUST noticed that the results were up. Been a bit busy lately...I'll send you a song when I wake up tomorrow...today...

Offline Ħ

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »
Sorry, I only JUST noticed that the results were up. Been a bit busy lately...I'll send you a song when I wake up tomorrow...today...
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2011, 04:52:49 PM »
H, why'd you drop out of mine but stay in this one?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2011, 07:02:16 PM »
I started yours, then I decided to drop out, took a couple weeks off of DTF, and then Zed's started.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
Hurry everyone, send your shit in.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »
Waiting on one more submission

I'll probably start listening to the submissions tonight. Assuming everyone has theirs in by tomorrow, I'll have them up by tomorrow night/Thursday morning.

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
i'll send soon, i promise

EDIT: sent
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:02:26 PM by dethklok09 »

Offline jsem

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »
i'll send soon, i promise

EDIT: sent
:tup

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 04:14:01 PM »
Will results be put up tonight?  :it seemed like things were off to a real good start:

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »
He's probably busy with his band or with school. He's been busy lately. Plus he didn't get all the submissions until a few hours ago.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »
I'll bet he'll post it late night or when he get's up tomorrow.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 06:03:02 PM »
Yeah sorry guys, I had classes today and I was busy studying yesterday/today.

I've listened to all the submissions, just gonna finish up the write-ups. I'll have them up before I go to bed.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Re: ZBomber's Super Fabulous Gang-Roulette ROUND TREEZ
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 10:34:18 PM »
Well, good job everyone! I genuinely liked all of the songs sent to me this round. It was really hard to rank them, and I ended up just basing it on what I am the most likely to listen to again.

6 Points:
skydivingninja - My Morning Jacket - Lay Low

Well... I know what band I'm gonna be looking into the next couple of days. One of my friends actually suggested this band to me a couple weeks back but I never got around into checking them out. Looks like I should have listened to him! The solo at the end of the song is brilliant! The solo lasted so long, and I think normally it would start to get repetitive after awhile... but it didn't. It was just that perfect that it could have gone on for another 10 minutes and I would have been just as into it.

5 Points:
H - Alter Bridge - Blackbird

Alter Bridge is another one of the bands I've heard people rave about constantly but never got around to listening to anything they've done. Love the transition into the distortion around the one minute mark. The singer has a lot of power behind his voice. The build up into the solo was orgasmic. The outro really tied things together quite well, and the little guitar fills added a great touch. This wasn't what I was expecting the band to sound like... in fact, it is way better tahn I was expecting. Another band that's going on my list to check out.

sonatafanica - My Morning Jacket - I'm Amazed
Mmmmm. When you mentioned country roots in your PM, I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel about the song. As it turns out, I love it. Since you and Matt both sent me My Morning Jacket, you both lose 10 points. Just kidding. But really, I liked both songs a lot but the other one just grabbed me more. If its any consolation, you get credit for getting me into the band since your submission came in first. And with that credit, you can redeem a firm handshake.

4 Points:
dethklok - Marty Friedman - Valley of Eternity

Really beautiful intro. The solo around the 3:15 mark was excellent. Of all of the songs sent to me, this was probably my favorite guitar wise. I really loved the style. And the harmonizing guitars around 6:50.... YES! The atmospheric spacey outro was great too.

antigoon - Tommy Emmanuel and Frank Vignola - Tenderly
Damn! Great emotional playing. I almost creamed my pants when the harmonics came in. Beautiful playing, beautiful piece. Hadn't heard of the players before, so I'm gonna have to look more into them.

Quadrochosis - The Dear Hunter - 1878
Well, you know I wasn't too huge into this band before. I really like the drums in this song. The vocals in the chorus are really good. The organ solo was unexpected, as I forgot you mentioned it had that. It had a really nice vintage feel to it, and I love when organs are utilized properly! I liked the song, although I still am not completely sold on the band. I'll definitely be checking out more of their material soon though (as you still need to show me the Colors EPs!).

3 Points:
AcidRainLTE - Buckethead - Soothsayer

Honestly, I'm surprised you're the only person who sent me Buckethead. :lol Of course, I'm familiar with some of his material, but he has so much out there and I've never heard more than a couple songs of his (and one project he was in which sucked ass, although that wasn't much his fault). Soothsayer is a song I see get mentioned quite a bit by the fans of Buckethead on the board, so I was glad to see you picked that one to submit. The riff at 2:50 was sick! Even though the solo in the middle was very fast and filled with notes, it doesn't really come off in a negative light to me because of the beautiful build up that preceded it. It felt like the song was actually a progression instead of just a showcase for showing off. Things like that keep instrumental music interesting. And DAMN! The part around 7:50!! Finally, the vibrato was a kick-ass way to finish off the song.

MasterShakezula - Deep Purple - Burn
The instrumentation in this song was top notch. A nice hard rock guitar riff that laid the back bones to the song, with a lot of great soloing all over the place. The guitar tone for the solos was excellent, especially the second guitar solo. At the same time, I kind of have to say it sounds a bit like every other Deep Purple song I've heard. Still liked it, none the less.

2 Points:
jsem - Haken - Eternal Rain

Loved the intro, very spacey. Also love the section from 4:35 to about 5:20. A lot of prog metal bands have become really stale for me, and while this song didn't really do anything revolutionary or new, it made sure it didn't become just another prog metal song. Although I do have to say some sections REALLY reminded me of Dream Theater. Definitely seem like a band to keep your eye on in the coming years, they certainly have what it takes to get big in the genre.

1 Points:
kingshmegland - Toto - The Road Goes On

The chorus in this was really good. I liked the guitar solo too. When I saw you sent Toto, I was expecting a really 80s sounding song, so I was happy that it didn't sound so dated. :lol I did like this song, and the singer had a great voice, but stacked up against the rest it was probably the least memorable for me.

Round 3. Send me something you would describe as "weird". I'd like something really out there, but please send something that you actually find enjoyable... not just a recording of someone taking a shit or something please. :lol

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Re: ZBomber's Super Fabulous Gang-Roulette ROUND TREEZ!
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »
:metal for Alter Bridge

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2011, 12:45:13 AM »
With the Haken, that's a really good song but its definitely the most straightforward and DT-esque on the album!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 01:20:05 AM »
hey matt

fuck you dude

lol/jk/lolo

Offline jsem

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2011, 02:59:49 AM »
With the Haken, that's a really good song but its definitely the most straightforward and DT-esque on the album!
DAT 7/8 SOLO SECTION

Kinda dissapointed by low score, but what do you do.

Weird huh, better ask Gorille for advice :lol

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2011, 03:34:34 AM »
DAT 7/8 SOLO SECTION

Kinda dissapointed by low score, but what do you do.

Weird huh, better ask Gorille for advice :lol

For what it's worth, I did like it, its just this was a very strong round so even songs I liked got low scores.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2011, 06:17:02 AM »
Sent

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2011, 06:18:08 AM »
space cadet, pull out.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2011, 06:27:52 AM »
 :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2011, 06:31:13 AM »
I feel like Mario just hit me with a barrel.  I thought I had the princess in round one but got hit with a barrel in round two. :lol  One to round three!!

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2011, 06:57:53 AM »
hey matt

fuck you dude

lol/jk/lolo

:-* :-* :-* :-*

So...something weird that isn't someone taking a shit?  Guess that rules out "Deconstruction" then...

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »
Sent.  No lyrics.  Not even grunts of rectal exasperation.  (I mean, who listens to songs with lyrics, normal people?)

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
You guys are awesome for already getting half of the submissions in.

If I get the rest of them by the end of the weekend, I will have the results up ASAP. However, I'm gonna have a VERY busy week next week, so I probably will need to take a break from this from Monday-Thursday. After that, my work load will be a LOT lighter.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »
I'll get mine in tonight.