Author Topic: The Official E3:2011 Thread  (Read 12528 times)

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Official E3:2011 Thread
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2011, 05:11:20 PM »
Wasn't too impressed by the graphics of the games they showed, sometimes they looked like wii games :/.

I know what you mean by that, but still. It's not like that's a bad thing.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
See I want the Wii U to come with this one channel that the Wii has in Japan only that allows you to order delivery from your console...the ultimate conduit of gamer laziness. :lol
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »
Skyrim has at least 300 hours of playtime?

I am so wet right now.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
Wii U is an awful name. Absolutely atrocious. Then again, so is Wii, yet I still own one. Was kind of hoping they'd ditch the Wii branding, it's piss-poor. But ah well.

Fortunately, the console looks fucking brilliant. Assassin's Creed, too! They've recognised they've been given a "not for serious gamers" label and gone "right, bite me." Fantastic job. Impressed that so many third party developers have just gone "...yeah, alright, Nintendo it is!"

I know E3's not a competition, but Nintendo are threatening to out-and-out win it.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2011, 05:39:56 PM »
I'm still disappointed that the little tech demo wasn't something Okami related. It has so much in common with Okami that I nearly pissed my pants with joy. That's not exaggerating at all. it is

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2011, 05:47:57 PM »
The new details coming out now from the Skyward Sword trailer are brilliant.  We finally know Debbie's the main villain (that's what they call him at ZU Forums :P), Zelda is Link's best friend character, and the Hylian Royal Seal is missing the Triforce.  Neat stuff!

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »
Impressed that so many third party developers have just gone "...yeah, alright, Nintendo it is!"

Impressive maybe, but not surprising when you consider the Wii's success relative to the other two consoles.

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2011, 05:59:10 PM »
I think it's more about the hardware. Now that Nintendo has a console that can handle the same amount stuff a 360 or ps3 can (I presume), they can port all their stuff and add some wii u exclusives. A way bigger market for just a small investment. For the Wii they had to completely redesign the game, which wasn't worth it,

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2011, 06:59:36 PM »
I wonder if they'll report some of the older games that have inferior wii ports... ie Call of Duty.

My guess is probably not, but it would be nice because I really want a good Call of Duty game and all I have is Wii.  :P

Offline Riceball

• It's the economy, stupid.
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
I just posted this in the games thread, but thought I'd add it here too.

A portable Super Smash Bros? I've been waiting for this since the original one on the 64. Just got my reason to buy a 3DS...

EDIT: Rather than double post, thought I'd throw in my two cents on the WiiU here.

First off, horrible name. I get that they are trying to link it to the Wii – sort of like an evolution of the Wii, but c'mon guys be a bit more inventive.

Nintendo's strategy with this generation has been nothing short of flawless. First, they release something so unconventional and so against the grain of the time in motion controllers at a pretty decent price point. People get excited about Nintendo again, kind of like they got their mojo back. It works so well that Sony and Microsoft have to react and bring out peripherals to support motion control. With the price point, the pitch to non-gamers and gamers alike and the innovation, they were able to get their product in the hands of more people than Sony and Microsoft combined, getting people excited about gaming and about what Nintendo can do.

Then, in the second stage of the game, Nintendo bring out a new console that (according to Nintendo) can do what the PS3 and 360 do now in terms of graphics and processing power but better AND they continue to innovate in the input space. I wonder what Sony & Microsofts game hardware peeps were thinking during the presser lol.

Considering the lead time for these kind of major developments, they would have been planning the whole tablet controller thing for quite a while before tablets really took off in the mainstream consumer space.

I think they are on to something with the WiiU for sure. They’ve built their brand around innovation rather than around pure grunt and speed; now with the WiiU they’ve got both in one package. I will certainly be buying.

And yes, I'm somewhat of a Nintendo fanboi - but I do own a 360 and use it more than my Wii so I'm not totally biased :p
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:15:55 PM by Riceball »
I punch those numbers into my calculator and they make a happy face.

A $500 Musical Odyssey: Now accepting nominations

Offline ehra

« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »
The WiiU sounds nice, but I'm almost positive it's going to be way too expensive for me. I'll be interested in seeing what sort of games it gets, though. If, say, Kingdom Hearts 3 manages to get released on it then I'd sooner buy that than a PS3.

edit:

Anyone interested in the new Neverwinter game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGGDxjrn-w&feature=player_embedded

https://www.playneverwinter.com/splash?redir=frontpage

I'm looking forward to it a bit. I loved the idea of Bioware's version, but the gameplay/combat always had a feeling about it that put me to sleep. Because of how turn based the system was, there was always that delay between you wanting to do something and it actually being done. It also didn't help that I'm not the biggest fan of third edition DnD rules. We'll see how Cryptic handles it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:59:41 PM by ehra »

Offline AwakeFromOctavarium

• Penguin wins by default.
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »
omg Skyrim. It's definitely gonna be the GotY for me no doubt.
<br />Girls are like square roots; If they\\\'re under 18, do them in your head.<br />
You Americans feed the bears with bacon! That's why they've grown so ferocious!

Offline j

« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »
The new details coming out now from the Skyward Sword trailer are brilliant.  We finally know Debbie's the main villain (that's what they call him at ZU Forums :P), Zelda is Link's best friend character, and the Hylian Royal Seal is missing the Triforce.  Neat stuff!

Sweet, a new Zelda is always exciting.

I didn't read the thread, but did anybody else see the Bioshock: Infinite video?  Man that game looks like it could be incredible, and I loved the original.

-J

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
Guess there is a Pikmin 3, sorry, I lied.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »
Guess there is a Pikmin 3, sorry, I lied.

Link?

Also, I must be the only person who likes the Wii U's name. I don't see anything wrong with it. Like it or not, we'll all get accustomed to it at some point.

Edit: Nevermind, found a link myself. I'm entirely unsurprised it got moved over to the Wii U. Also, interesting sidenote...in the comment section of this website, somebody referred to the new system as the "Wuu". I hope that catches on. :lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:29:21 PM by Gadough »

Offline ehra

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2011, 06:10:08 AM »
Apparently a lot of the third party WiiU game footage actually came from the other consoles and not the WiiU, because it's not far enough along in development (the first party footage is from the WiiU, though). I don't think it's a big deal, but I remember a bit of talk earlier in the thread about if some of the footage looked better or worse than how those games look on other consoles. Apparently it's exactly the same.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2011, 06:10:54 AM »

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2011, 06:18:02 AM »

Sweet, a new Zelda is always exciting.

I didn't read the thread, but did anybody else see the Bioshock: Infinite video?  Man that game looks like it could be incredible, and I loved the original.

-J

I'm pretty revved up for another Bioshock, but I'm not too thrilled about this steampunk thing.  I just don't really like steampunk in general (so sue me :P), and if they are gonna make the change, shouldn't the title also change to Steamshock since this is no longer biopunk?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2011, 06:19:36 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted yet but okay:

https://www.engadget.com/2011/06/08/nintendo-admits-its-wii-u-highlight-reel-was-spiced-up-with-ps3/

lol

It's pretty standard practice. Not sure why people are surprised. They haven't even officially announced the console specs yet.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ehra

« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2011, 06:29:52 AM »

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2011, 08:18:39 AM »
Never

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »
Skyrim.

Skyrim.

SKYRIM

Mass Effect 3 looks quite good as well, don't know much about it but according to my friend, the first two were awesome.
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2011, 09:32:32 AM »

And the red bird is probably the one on the Hyrule crest.

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2011, 09:36:35 AM »
I am so excite about Skyward Sword.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2011, 10:34:38 AM »
I am disappoint in no new F Zero :(

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
I am disappoint in no new F Zero and Star Fox :(

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
Well at least there's Star Fox 64 3D to look forward to. There's been no F Zero since 2003 :sadpanda:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »
Machinarium is coming to PSN. Fuck yes!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.