Author Topic: Anonymous (group that took down PSN) has taken over control Iranian Govt Servers  (Read 3891 times)

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
Props to Anon for the good intentions, even if they will probably be for naught.

That's pretty crazy!

But I thought Anonymous denied being responsible for the PSN hack?

Pretty much anyone can associate themselves without Anonymous.  If someone claims to be a part of Anon, they are a part of Anon.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Pretty much anyone can associate themselves without Anonymous.  If someone claims to be a part of Anon, they are a part of Anon.

I don't think it works like that.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
You guys should check out the emails, they're fantastic.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
anonymous -- a couple of people doing stuff as a whole brigade of idiots refreshes a page and clings to the false feeling that they had anything to do with anything (while reveling in their freedom to be bigoted while claiming its all in fun).

I don't see anyone else taking a stand against Visa/Mastercard/Paypal's utter bullshit against Wikileaks.

That doesn't change the fact that what she said is still completely true. Anon has always been been ten people actually doing work and ten thousand more standing on the sidelines chanting 'hurr we are legion!'
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
I've always wondered how many people are actually involved in Anon's activity - the stuff that makes news. I'd bet it's more than 10, but less than 40. Somewhere in that ballpark.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
Nintendo was Hacked also.

https://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1172894p1.html#disqus_thread

They dont know who it was, but theres a suspicion in the back of my mind...
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline ehra

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110667-Nintendo-Admits-It-Was-Hacked-but-Says-Users-Are-Safe

Nintendo spokesperson Ken Toyoda announced the attack over the weekend, but said that there had been no "third-party victims." The attack was seemingly the work of hacker group "LulzSec," which recently attacked the Sony and PBS websites. According to the group's Twitter feed, it only grabbed a server config file as a warm up for other "operations." The group stressed that it wasn't targeting Nintendo for more attacks, saying that it loved the N64 too much and the intrusion was just a bit of fun. LulzSec said that it didn't mean any harm, and that Nintendo had already fixed the vulnerability.

It's hard to tell whether it was good security or just Lulzsec's nostalgia that protected Nintendo from a much more serious intrusion, but whatever the reason, it sounds like the company was quick to react to the attack. All the same, it's a little troubling that LulzSec was able to grab files from Nintendo's servers and write it off as effectively nothing more than a prank.