Author Topic: So...my workmates house got robbed yesterday.  (Read 1817 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So...my workmates house got robbed yesterday.
« on: June 04, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »
She came home to find the whole contents of the house spread everywhere, like a bomb hit it.  She called me up for some help, I couldn't believe the mess.  Luckily they only took a couple of CD's, DVD's, some clothes (!!!), her hair straightener (!!!), but about $10,000 worth of jewellery.  So luckily stereos and tv's etc. were still there.

So, they were obviously female, possibly teenagers.  They placed a chair under the front door knob so she couldn't get in, obviously to give them time to escape.  The cops seem to think that she actually disturbed them as more games and dvd's were piled up ready to go, but were not taken.  THey had been through all her stuff and ripped everything apart, personal belongings, underwear and all. (Spotted that she had a couple of very nice G-strings!  :tup)

Seriously, WTF is wrong with the people in this world.  The sad part is, she was out visiting her 15 month old nephew at hospital who's dying of cancer.  What the fuck is wrong with this world.  This is what you work for, only to get it taken away and your home violated.  My opinion at the moment;

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: So...my workmates house got robbed yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
people... are fucked up.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 06:38:57 PM »
people... are fucked up.

Spotted that she had a couple of very nice G-strings!  :tup

:tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »
people... are fucked up.

Yeah, I guess, pretty much this.

Spotted that she had a couple of very nice G-strings!  :tup

:tup

:lol I know it's a bit sick because of the situation, but I am a male, and that one nice little pink number on the floor was pretty special.  She apologized about her underwear, my response was "Don't worry about it, I totally understand."  :tup

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 06:48:22 PM »

:lol I know it's a bit sick because of the situation, but I am a male, and that one nice little pink number on the floor was pretty special.  

No worries man, I don't think anyone on this site is going to judge you  :lol

Besides, like Freud said, we're all motivated by our libidoes.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »

No worries man, I don't think anyone on this site is going to judge you  :lol

this
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
Thanks guys.  :tup

I mean, I know I'm human, but I stayed there all afternoon and cleaned up what we could as forensics haven't been yet, plus brought her dinner.  I'll go back today and give her a hand if she needs.

Seriously, just makes you sick the world we live in sometimes.  Unbelievable how people can do this sort of shit.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 08:55:36 PM »
... I'll go back today and give her a hand if she needs.

:eyebrows:

But seriously, that sucks, people want everything for free nowadays and will do whatever it takes to get it.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 09:07:58 PM »
Sucky thing to experience certainly. But it happens. Some people are opportunist. Some people are desperate. Either way this stuff will happen eventually. All you can do is learn and protect yourself better.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 05:21:54 AM »
Forensics came out today, got one good print only, but he said it was unlikely that would catch the person.  He said, they knew what they were doing, it was a classic setup that they see everyday.  He thinks it was a late teenage girl desperate for drug money, and wouldn't care who they step on to get it.  :lol

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 07:22:30 AM »
:( Thats really horrible!

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 07:29:07 AM »
Sorry to hear about that. As remote as the chances may be I hope they find the robber.