Author Topic: Tornado warning in NYC  (Read 3418 times)

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Re: Tornado warning in NYC
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 06:58:26 AM »
Well, after I last posted the power went out. We waited around for awhile and after an hour the storm seemed to be over. Since we had no electricity, we couldn't cook and we couldn't watch the TV for weather updates, so my mom and I went out to get pizza. Once we got there, everything suddenly turned black and it started raining. Once I started driving back home, it started torrential down-pouring.  :lol The visibility was non-existent, I couldn't even see 2 feet in front of my car. Lightning was going every 5 seconds for at least 3 hours. And some idiot was driving so fast that all the water from the street came crashing down like a wave on my car.

I never had been in any kind of storm like that, it was ridiculous. Thankfully I was only like 10 minutes from home, and I knew the roads pretty well so I just drove really slow and we were fine. Didn't get the electricity back until this morning.

Hoping everyone on here and their families are OK.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 07:19:44 AM »
Glad everything is Ok Z.  I was the video on the news it was scary.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »
Glad everything is Ok Z.  I was the video on the news it was scary.

I thought I was the video?
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »
I was the video on the news it was scary.

That typo gave me a good hearty chuckle. :lol
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline Ħ

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
 :lol
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »
Dammit!  And I wasn't even drunk! :lol  I meant to say I saw the video on the news and it was scary. :rollin
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »
 :facepalm: :lol

Here is the link to my buddy and the video of the destruction.  His name is Rich Hamel.  He talks about half way through.

https://www.wgbh.org/programs/Greater-Boston-11/episodes/June-2-2011Tornado-aftermath-29322

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »
Very glad you're alright, Z, I was watching the weather channel a long time last night and it looked pretty nasty.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs: