Author Topic: When I was a kid...  (Read 15474 times)

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
Re: When I was a kid...
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
Oh yeah, it's called "travel around the world", and you had to travel around the room without touching the floor. Always did this with friends.

That too!

MJ: I never played that game. What is it?

Same concept as lava tiles; instead, it's just lava floor. Basically you had to jump swing around on furniture/playground equipment/and such without touching the ground at all, instead of just certain spots

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »
Lol wow, a whole game dedicated to that?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
Not really a game, just a thing you do as kids.  Let's see if we can get all the way across the room without touching the floor.  Walking across the sofa and chairs is easy, but sometimes there's stuff on the end tables or coffee table, and some surfaces will not support your weight.  It's the most fun if you're at someone's house where you actually enter the room from one end and exit another way, like into the kitchen or something.  If you're lucky, there will be a sofa you can jump off of, into the kitchen.  Yes!  Score!

Sometimes it becomes clear that it can't really be done without touching the floor at some point.  Not enough furniture or whatever.  But the floor is burning lava, which you can actually withstand for a maximum of three seconds or whatever the house rules are, so you risk burning your feet and go for it.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
You gotta do what you gotta do.

:tup

I always preferred playing this on a jungle gym at a park or at school, cause I yelled at for jumping on the furniture   :angel:
Oh, and there are variants to the game, of course, such as "Grounder," which is basically jungle gym tag with the rules Orbert mentioned.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2011, 02:26:40 PM »
When I was in 'Nam, I got both my legs blown off by mines. The general told me to walk it off.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »
Not really a game, just a thing you do as kids.  Let's see if we can get all the way across the room without touching the floor.  Walking across the sofa and chairs is easy, but sometimes there's stuff on the end tables or coffee table, and some surfaces will not support your weight.  It's the most fun if you're at someone's house where you actually enter the room from one end and exit another way, like into the kitchen or something.  If you're lucky, there will be a sofa you can jump off of, into the kitchen.  Yes!  Score!

Sometimes it becomes clear that it can't really be done without touching the floor at some point.  Not enough furniture or whatever.  But the floor is burning lava, which you can actually withstand for a maximum of three seconds or whatever the house rules are, so you risk burning your feet and go for it.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh I know, I thought MJ meant there was a video game of it from the picture he posted. :lol

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2011, 08:23:04 PM »
Not really a game, just a thing you do as kids.  Let's see if we can get all the way across the room without touching the floor.  Walking across the sofa and chairs is easy, but sometimes there's stuff on the end tables or coffee table, and some surfaces will not support your weight.  It's the most fun if you're at someone's house where you actually enter the room from one end and exit another way, like into the kitchen or something.  If you're lucky, there will be a sofa you can jump off of, into the kitchen.  Yes!  Score!

Sometimes it becomes clear that it can't really be done without touching the floor at some point.  Not enough furniture or whatever.  But the floor is burning lava, which you can actually withstand for a maximum of three seconds or whatever the house rules are, so you risk burning your feet and go for it.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh I know, I thought MJ meant there was a video game of it from the picture he posted. :lol

I would play that game.

I would kick its ass, too.  :xbones

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2011, 12:21:42 AM »
Oh yeah, it's called "travel around the world", and you had to travel around the room without touching the floor. Always did this with friends.
Wait, there's a name for it? It's just some fun shit I did as a kid.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2011, 12:52:14 AM »
When I was a kid I was touched inappropriately. 

:(

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2011, 01:08:07 AM »
When I was a kid I was touched inappropriately. 

:(
For what it's worth, it was enjoyable for me.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2011, 01:29:40 AM »

It would also be something we did for like the last gym class in elementary school. We'd get every piece of equipment out and build a whole road so to say, to cross without touching the floor of the gymnasium.

You and me go parallel, together and apart