Author Topic: Ebay buying question?  (Read 1612 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ebay buying question?
« on: May 31, 2011, 04:37:58 AM »
I have a question for you Ebay guys.  I lost an auction on a cd, but now the seller has sent me a personal message saying that he has one copy left and he can sell it to me. 

Would you trust this?  What would the procedure be now if I accepted to garuntee that he delivers.  Is there any garuntee dealing this way?  His ratings and history are excellent.

Thanks.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Ebay buying question?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 05:10:19 AM »
I always base my decision off of their rating. If a guy has a few dozen transactions and no negative feed back, I'd trust him. Did the auction page say he had more than one in stock? I have had that happen before. I was bidding on a 5' x 9' movie poster and got sniped at the last second. The seller emailed me within 10 minutes of the auction ending saying he had 3 more.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:21:14 AM »
I always base my decision off of their rating. If a guy has a few dozen transactions and no negative feed back, I'd trust him. Did the auction page say he had more than one in stock? I have had that happen before. I was bidding on a 5' x 9' movie poster and got sniped at the last second. The seller emailed me within 10 minutes of the auction ending saying he had 3 more.

That's the thing, he didn't state how many he had in stock.

Did you buy it off him after he sent you that email?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:05:29 AM »

Pretty much this.  I've had similar things happen, either by getting a "second chance" notice through Ebay, or direct contact by the seller.  I've bought both times it happened because the sellers had good feedback, and I didn't get burned either time.  Not to say it can't be a scam this time, but it worked out for me, for what it's worth.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »

That's the thing, he didn't state how many he had in stock.

Did you buy it off him after he sent you that email?

I bought one that night.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:48:28 AM »
I would go for it, simply based on his rating

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 06:20:19 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback guys.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »
So was this cd the Traced in Air special edition w/64% more growls?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »

No.  Never heard of this, is this for real?

Also, where you been dude, haven't seen you in a long time, everything okay?

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 03:48:47 AM »
I would be a little cautious as the transaction will go "behind" eBay I think, no?

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »
Tell him to put it back on ebay.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »

Ha ha no it's not real at all. I just remember that you and I were let down by the near elimination of the growls on that album so sorry for the red herring :angel:

As for me, things are fine for now but I never let my guard down much after the financial "adventures" I've been through over the last couple years. I didn't have internet access from last July until about two months ago but couldn't log on here until yesterday since I was having trouble figuring out what was up with my cookie settings but I finally figured it out yesterday so here I am.

Good to see you're still around too...looks like the Mangini acquisition has brought in a fair amount of new blood.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 04:10:17 PM »

Ha ha no it's not real at all. I just remember that you and I were let down by the near elimination of the growls on that album so sorry for the red herring :angel:

As for me, things are fine for now but I never let my guard down much after the financial "adventures" I've been through over the last couple years. I didn't have internet access from last July until about two months ago but couldn't log on here until yesterday since I was having trouble figuring out what was up with my cookie settings but I finally figured it out yesterday so here I am.

Good to see you're still around too...looks like the Mangini acquisition has brought in a fair amount of new blood.

Of course, I remember that conversation well now.  Great to see you back, and yes Mangini has sparked quite a few new users.