Author Topic: Package tours  (Read 887 times)

Offline AndyDT

Package tours
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:09:57 AM »
 You can get some multi-day tours around the Grand Canyon including some native American culture; also New Zealand.

The travel there is an incredible price. In pounds, over 700 for a return. Then the trip is around 700 for an adult.

So I'm trying to decide if it's worth it for either because I can't see a time when I'll have that kind of money to spend comfortably and if I don't go where I want if I'll ever go.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
Re: Package tours
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 06:24:51 AM »
If I could tour the grand canyon and also new zealand at 700 pounds I'd prolly be like 350 when I was done, cuz that's a lot of walking, yo.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:40:04 AM »
Grand Canyon is definitely worth a see, that's for sure. The only thing I wouldn't like about the packaged tours is being straight-jacketed into their schedule. Also, will you have a chance to see the other canyons in the area? Bryce and Zion are to die for too.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 02:20:47 PM »
I think I'd rather spend a little extra and do it on my own schedule.  Does the package deal include any rafting?  The whole whitewater thing never really sounded very appealing to me, but I would love to see the Colorado from that perspective.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 03:34:50 PM »
There is a rafting package tour. HAven't heard of the other canyons. Apparently the Grand Canyon has rocks covering 3 of the 4 geologic ages which made the thing even more inspiring - or at least sounded that way.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »
I think I even preferred Bryze and Zion.