Author Topic: Sherlock  (Read 36866 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Sherlock
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »
it probably won't happen but the true resolution of TRF could be revealed in S4 to explain how both Sherlock & M survived...

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2014, 09:48:12 AM »
it probably won't happen but the true resolution of TRF could be revealed in S4 to explain how both Sherlock & M survived...
Good point. You never know!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »
Bless this show. 

Last night's was SOOOO GOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!  Magnusson was a great villain; sorry he's dead (or IS HE?????  people don't seem to stay dead on Sherlock).  I loved how Sherlock thought he was wearing some sort of Google glass to reference everyone -- but it was all in his head!

Oooh, I was so angry with Mary at first.  But Watson is a champ...true spousal love, there.   :'(

Sherlock and the Irish girl!!!   :o  That was cold.  And hot!

OMG Moriarty!!!  I am so glad he's coming back.  Threw me off with the end credit break...then the teaser.  Man, I hope series four isn't too far off. 

:tup :tup for Sherlock!
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2014, 11:37:06 AM »
Type out a huge reply then accidentally refreshed the page and lost the lot...

In summary : didn't like Magnussen - too slimy and not intelligent enough or interesting. Just had a great memory and loved to blackmail people. That's it.

Probably Martin's best acting of any episode so far.

Not as good as Reichenbach Fall - but that episode was fantastic anyway.

Had a thought that maybe the Moriarty vid was made by Mycroft / Holmes to force Holmes to stay in London...

the " did you miss me" after the credits could have been a tease for the fans and a red herring...

Series 4 will reveal all !

But yeah - Magnussesn stay dead please.

Offline sueño

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2014, 11:57:28 AM »
Martin Freeman is brilliant.  I've always liked him best.

Benny C has the voice (and he's a good actor)...but Freeman just "clicks" with me.
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »
The face Benedict pulls when he says " I've made a deal with the devil "reminds me of when he is sitting in the brig in Star Trek explaining who he is to Kirk.

Obviously there were a few times this series when i thought of Khan :lol.

Not least when Sherlock was angry and speaking in his slow, angry voice.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:05:04 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline sueño

« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
I know you caught the dragon references between him and Mycroft.   ;D

"Here be dragons"...    :hat

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:40 PM »
I actually liked Magnussen quite much. As the whole episode, I loved the sequence after Sherlock was shot, and the one with John as a dummy was pretty dramatic too. My only complaint the reveal about the vaults was too obvious, and I was literally thinking "now you've got to just kill him and it's all fine". It felt a bit lackluster, but I had my expectations too high, like s02e01 high.

Oh, and I really hope Moriarty just stays dead. Andrew Scott is a great actor, but it would be just too much.

I still need to stomach this episode, but for now my rankings stay like:

A Scandal in Belgravia
A Study in Pink
The Reichenbach Fall
His Last Vow
The Empty Hearse
The Great Game
The Sign of Three
The Blind Banker
The Hounds of Baskerville

Overall, the seasons for me are ranked as 2 > 1 > 3, but the last one will probably grew on me.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »
My only complaint the reveal about the vaults was too obvious, and I was literally thinking "now you've got to just kill him and it's all fine".
I think maybe that says something worrying about how your mind works. :lol

At that point I thought Sherlock was a bit screwed, because although he and John have shrugged off deaths, I definitely didn't think he'd outright murder someone. I was shocked when he did.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
Another reason I thought one of Mycroft's people would do it - I didn't really want Sherlock to be a murderer.

Even if he was murdering a blackmailing brainiac. Murder is murder.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »
Like I said before, it's because of the vow he made to be there for John and Mary no matter what.

Of course, it's possible that he didn't actually kill him. It seems rather unlikely, but anything's possible in Sherlock.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »
So I just listened to an hour long interview with Gatiss & Moffatt and they pretty much all but confirmed the airbag resolution was the real one.

Choice quotes ( not verbatim - it was a long podcast :lol )

" Fans actually ask us which of the three is the real one - and i'm like - well there's obviously two that it's not. "

" I really liked the idea of cutting away to the resolution during the bonb scene as you've almost forgotten about it - and just when you think you're never going to get the real explanation - it's in the middle of a really tense moment "

" Fans online are saying we stole the squash ball idea from them - but it's there in The Reichenbach Fall - because that's how he did it. "

I can't remember much else..

But doesn't Sherlock say *in the actual episode* that if you remove the impossible - whatever remains must be the answer ? And - the Derren Brown and Moriarty kiss scenarios are obviously both nonsense. Ergo the final explanation must be the right one...

They also confirmed just in case anyone was wondering that Moriarty is definitely back and Sherlock didn't fake the video.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2014, 11:28:36 AM »
Hmm, weird if true.

But remember, Moffat lies. Don't trust a word he says!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »
Hmm, weird if true.

But remember, Moffat lies. Don't trust a word he says!

Most of what I quoted was spoken by Gatiss tbh..

Moffatt spoke mostly about the writing process / choices.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2014, 12:24:25 PM »
I just watched series 3 last night. I thought it was excellent.

Does anyone think the plant in the background was intentional, or....?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2014, 12:39:34 PM »
I'm sure they would have re-shot if it was a mistake.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »
I can't figure out why it would move. Clearly it was just an angle choice, not like the room is actually tilting...unless it was like supposed to be a delusion from Sherlock or something.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »
if the room is tilting that way - it could mean that Cumberbatch could be slowly lowered to the floor and they forgot to secure the plant.

:dunno:

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2014, 04:07:13 AM »
I think the sliding pot was proof that they tilted the room. Very few people can fall naturally like that with no crash mat to land on, and also syncing the camera rotation speed to match the rate of falling would be quite tough. Just seems silly that they went to all the trouble of doing a tilting room and didn't bother sorting out that plant pot!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2014, 08:15:37 AM »
I felt series three was pretty mediocre.  Felt a lot like series seven of Doctor Who, which is not a good thing.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2014, 09:03:09 AM »
I felt series three was pretty mediocre.  Felt a lot like series seven of Doctor Who, which is not a good thing.
Oh, you.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
I felt like it was the series with the least amount of meat so far. the next series should be back to normal with actual cases and Moriarty.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2014, 10:48:23 AM »
I'm actually disappointed that they will bring him back. Didn't Sherlock see him blowing his brains out and confirm that he was dead? Would be pretty obvious. Unless it was a double but that's just cheap, imo.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2014, 11:46:26 AM »
I don't think it was quite as meh as Doctor Who. This series iust focused on the characters more, which is what should happen more often in Doctor Who. This series was a bit...fanservicey and maybe a little hostile towards fans at times, but that's Moffat for you.  :\

It's still the best TV show I've seen.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2014, 07:06:42 PM »
Rather excellent episode, and I'm not ashamed to admit I got weepy during the Watsons' reconciliation scene

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2014, 09:26:13 PM »
Why would Mycroft have that laptop with secret state files on at his parents house just lying around ?

Certainly points to them planning Magnussen's murder.

I'm sure he didn't intend for it to end up at Appledore just for Mary Watson's sake.

If he did - Sherlock wouldn't have needed to drug him.

Also - bit of a stretch but Charles Augustus Magnussen - his initials are CAM - subtly implying he remembers everything he sees?

Am I reading too much into it ? :lol
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:41:27 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2014, 03:03:34 AM »
I don't think it was quite as meh as Doctor Who. This series iust focused on the characters more, which is what should happen more often in Doctor Who. This series was a bit...fanservicey and maybe a little hostile towards fans at times, but that's Moffat for you.  :\

It's still the best TV show I've seen.

This would be all well and good if the characters retained any sort of consistency, instead of flimsily reorganizing themselves to suit whatever contrived situation comes up.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2014, 12:11:49 PM »
GuineaPig, why do you hate (almost) everything once it's been around for more than a couple of years? :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2014, 12:21:14 PM »
GuineaPig, why do you hate (almost) everything once it's been around for more than a couple of years? :lol

Don't ever have kids :p

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2014, 02:40:31 AM »

There are some shows that improve with age.  I just dislike things I find bad.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »
Anyone see the theory that Moriarty is the third Homes ?

People are pointing to the line Mycroft says " I'm not prone to acts of brotherly compassion - you know what happened to the other one."

And When Sherlock is hallucinating Moriarty during his dying scene - Moriarty says " Mother & Father will cry - John Watson will cry "

Not your mother & father will cry.

I think it's stretching it a bit but what does everyone else think ?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »
Anyone see the theory that Moriarty is the third Homes ?

I would say that it is a possibility, and a story I would probably like actually.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »
Of course in A Study IN Pink when John asks him who Moriarty is - Sherlock says : " I've got no idea " ...

But then he never mentioned that Mycroft was his brother either.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »
I can't see what it would bring to the story if it was his brother. So what? He's still a psycopath who needs to be put down or locked away.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
Of course in A Study IN Pink when John asks him who Moriarty is - Sherlock says : " I've got no idea " ...

Well maybe he doesn't even know. And his name wouldn't have been James Moriarty back then.

I can't see what it would bring to the story if it was his brother. So what? He's still a psycopath who needs to be put down or locked away.

I don't really know what it would bring either, but it'd be a nice little twist if done exactly right. He most likely will not turn out to be the last brother, but it feels like they're setting at least something up with that line from Mycroft.