Author Topic: shanghai expo  (Read 918 times)

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
shanghai expo
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:11:19 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6HfDeTVpinU&vq=medium

it's all fun and games until you realize they are not sitting on chairs.  :eek
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Re: shanghai expo
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 08:10:51 AM »
Huh, that's a very cool effect.  Do you know what they're doing?   Looks like perhaps their shoes connect to the floor and create some sort of rigid seat.  I don't know much about hanging wires, but their upper bodies move quite freely while their lower bodies are almost completely still.  Hanging wires don't seem reasonable for that, where would the proper leverage come from?

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:34:27 AM »
you can see a thing behind their foot, i think it's a prop that goes to their calf, and there is another thing that keeps their thigh to calf stretched, i think it's a rigid assembly that they somehow lock in when they sit.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:45:31 AM »
Huh, that's a very cool effect.  Do you know what they're doing?   Looks like perhaps their shoes connect to the floor and create some sort of rigid seat.  I don't know much about hanging wires, but their upper bodies move quite freely while their lower bodies are almost completely still.  Hanging wires don't seem reasonable for that, where would the proper leverage come from?
My best guess (and it's a rubbish one!) is that they might have a framework inside their clothes. So they've got perhaps a metal column running up their legs and supporting them. They're loose fitting trousers, it could fit.

God knows, though. It's a striking effect.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »
That is beautiful and awesome in every way regardless of the completely freakish sitting thing those women do.

But yeah metal skeleton in the pants ftw.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs: