Author Topic: Take the Time from Antiquites  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Take the Time from Antiquites
« on: May 18, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »
This recording from the Los Angeles concert of 12/9/94 is the best performance of Take the Time I've heard, however, the recording I have is a bit...bad. It's like the recording was good, but parts are to loud and get cut. (I think that's the right way to put it?)

Does anyone know if a better quality version exists?

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Re: Take the Time from Antiquites
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:19 PM »
This recording from the Los Angeles concert of 12/9/94 is the best performance of Take the Time I've heard, however, the recording I have is a bit...bad. It's like the recording was good, but parts are to loud and get cut. (I think that's the right way to put it?)

Does anyone know if a better quality version exists?

I have two versions of that show. The first one, FLAC format, has a very low audio. It all sound distant, almost like the show was being recorded behind a pillow (I don't know if it is the best way to convey the meaning...  :lol). At full volume, although, the recording sounds quite good.
The second version is lossy, and way louder. There is some hiss in the background, but is overall an enjoyable listen. I don't know for sure if the two of them come from different sources or not, but it doesn't matter.

If you want to try with the lossless bootleg you can find it at Nick's website www.nickeh.com/dreamtheater.html . I cannot remember where I got the lossy version, but if you wanted to give it a chance I could upload it.  ;)

Anyway, I strongly agree. The best version of Take The Time (look at that awesome final jam!!)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco