Author Topic: Life Changing Moments  (Read 4410 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Life Changing Moments
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »
I don't feel like I've really had that moment quite yet. I could play my "metal-obsessed teenager" role and say that the first time I listened to Metallica was one of those moments, but nothing really changed, per se. I'm kind of hoping that something like that will happen this summer, maybe at graduation, or my first day at University.

Yeah, I think that first moment will probably being accepted into my college of choice, if it happens.

It's what you do in college that's momentous.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »
...you learn shit and get fucked up?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »
...you learn shit and get fucked up?

Well ya but you got to perform in more ways than one. ;)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline kirbywelch92

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »
Mine seems kind of silly, but I really do consider it one of the most important things to ever happen to me.

We have a class dedicated to a Rock cover band (pretty cool if you ask me) at my high school and my freshmen year I sang Smoke on the Water. It was the first time I ever sang in front of people by myself, and it literally changed the way I approached talking to people. I was really quiet up to that point, and then everything changed. I became more friendly and realized the joy there is in communicating with people. It was kind of the first step into me becoming who I am today.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »
First time I did hallucinogenic drugs.

Also when I quit doing drugs.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 11:42:21 PM »
Falling off a building was a life changing moment for me. The world literally turned upside down.

:clap:

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 12:26:59 AM »
Probably quitting cutting.  I still struggle sometimes, but I'm a lot better off now.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Online YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 06:15:00 AM »
Birth of my son.
Hands down.
I was living life, had a mortgage, car payments, job....in my mind..I was thinking "yup, this is life, I'm living it I know what's going on"......then I'm holding this life in my hands...and my first thought is..."holy fuck I don't know anything about ANYTHING"

Another big one..for me...though not quite that big..but it certainly defined me.

Being handed a Prince: Purple Rain tape...in 1989/90 with the Dream Theater's: When Dream And Day Unite recorded over top of Prince on it. Complete musical and life altering moment.......earth shattering.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 06:26:16 AM »
Not purposely referencing Sacrifice Sons, but 9/11 was a pretty big life changing moment for me.

Offline D_Halco

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 07:13:47 AM »
The moment I stepped off the bus at USAF boot camp. I was a loser with no real ambition and no direction before that moment. Then I stepped onto the concrete pad at Lackland AFB the night of July 4th (!!!), 2006 and began a 4 year journey into becoming the man I am today that I find it hard to even imagine the boy I used to be. The AF worked wonders for me on a personal and professional level that I would have to say it was the smartest thing I could have done at that point in my life.

(Now, I know this might sound like a pitch for the Air Force but I don't mean it to be. I hated alot about those four years and would not do it again for even a billion dollars and all the emergency pudding in China!)