Author Topic: Worcestershire sauce  (Read 7623 times)

Offline slycordinator

Re: Worcestershire sauce
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
Who gives a shit if it's not actually a steak?
I assumed you did, considering you said it was a "good example of steak."

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
And if you read it in context, you'll notice that I wrote that solely in reference to how the "steak" (read: meat) was cooked, because that's what the discussion was about.

I wasn't displaying a picture of what I thought was a steak; I was showing a picture of how I think a "good" steak ought to be cooked.

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2011, 03:59:58 PM »
And if you read my stuff in context, you'd notice that I was pointing out that the style of cooking (well-done, dry) isn't the right one at all for a slab of meat like a steak. It works well for dishes where a lot more contributes to the taste than the meat.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2011, 05:01:55 PM »
And if you read my stuff in context, you'd notice that I was pointing out that the style of cooking (well-done, dry) isn't the right one at all for a slab of meat like a steak. It works well for dishes where a lot more contributes to the taste than the meat.

If that's what you intended to get across, then I apologize; it's probably my fault, but when I read your post, that's not the main message that I'm receiving.

Yes, but that "thoroughly cooked" beef is not as flavorful nor as healthy as properly cooked beef.

I'll pm you my response.

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »
Well, I kind of explained that idea in the second half of the initial response. Maybe not perfectly by any means.