Author Topic: Going for Grad/Medical School Is Stressful!  (Read 939 times)

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
Going for Grad/Medical School Is Stressful!
« on: May 16, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »
I will be applying to grad school in the fall, and thinking about it is so stressful! Every grade you want back, all the applications you have to do, the recommendation letters you have to get, the research experience you need, the job experience you need, etc.

I feel like it's impossible to have as good a resume as you want! If anything, the process really shows you that you can never be perfect! Always places to improve.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Going for Grad/Medical School Is Stressful!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
Whatever happens, don't go to California or something because we still need to go to a sweet-ass concert to go to!  :metal

Good luck on your applications!

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:01:06 PM »
Rewriting your cv is a horrible process, because it never ends.

Offline j

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 01:18:42 PM »
I will be applying to grad school in the fall, and thinking about it is so stressful! Every grade you want back, all the applications you have to do, the recommendation letters you have to get, the research experience you need, the job experience you need, etc.

I feel like it's impossible to have as good a resume as you want! If anything, the process really shows you that you can never be perfect! Always places to improve.

I didn't have much of an issue with applying to grad school, but the application process to medical school definitely sucks.  You have to start working on all the things they want literally years in advance.  If you were lazy or didn't care about your grades or something as a freshman (*raises hand*), it will still come back to bite you in the ass.  You have to manually go through and list every course you've ever taken, where, how many credit hours, and what your grade was, along with MCAT scores, employment, essays, letters of rec, and a shitload of other information.  They really put you under the microscope.

-J

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »
The REAL stressful part is waiting for that letter from the school you REALLY want to go to.