Author Topic: About to move out. Need advice.  (Read 4349 times)

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Re: About to move out. Need advice.
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 07:28:03 AM »
My advice:

Keep the place reasonably clean. You're three guys living in a house together. A recipe for a shithole. Try not to let stuff grow in the bathtub or the kitchen. Any ladies you bring over will thank you.

Do not be tempted to use a credit card for expenses or for going out money. And do not be tempted to take out more student loans than you really need. Both will come back to haunt you when you're out of college and in the real world.

Have fun!

Great points!!!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 07:57:40 AM »
Rule #1.

Stay away from women. All they want from you is your man juice. Now, if you get any urges you can't suppress with hard liquor, use this:

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »
Rule #1.

Stay away from women. All they want from you is your man juice. Now, if you get any urges you can't suppress with hard liquor, use this:

FTFY

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »
Well...I actually sat down and did some calculations today. I can't afford this. I'd be broke within two months. And my parents just sat me down and told me that it's my decision, but if I were to get in any sort of bind, they would not and could not help me out. And after adding up what I have now, what I'll be making, and subtracting all of my expected costs, I definitely wouldn't be able to get by without some support. I just don't have enough money in the bank right now. If this were to happen sometime late in the Fall, I could afford. But I can't right now, plain and simple.

God, this blows.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:42:15 AM by Gadough »
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2011, 05:50:25 PM »
Man, if it were me, I would KILL to live with my parents, or to have that opportunity. Having your own place is nice and all, but when you're not making that much money, it's better financially to stay with the parents.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »
Living under my mothers roof all through college made it possible for me to buy a house at 25. Amazing.