Author Topic: Favorite Books Reprise  (Read 795 times)

Offline Isolde

Favorite Books Reprise
« on: May 06, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
Hello again DTF, long time no-post  ;D

Stephen Kings Dark Tower series is my new favorite. I posted in the original thread  before but I hadn't started reading the dark tower before the original thread so it needed to be mentioned.

How to discuss it without spoilers.... the books are so well written and incorporation of the different eras is fascinating. Character development is the best he has ever pulled off and you're probably thinking "well, yeah. all his other book aren't series" but even within the first book you find out so much about so many different characters that you just know is important to the story and will be elaborated on later in the book because its too important to let go!

I just wanted to put a plug in for this series because it isn't like Stephen Kings typical work (horror), its science fiction and if you don't like Stephen kings horror i definitely recommend these books!

To continue this thread: post some of your favorite books and/or comment on the dark tower series. 

Offline GuineaPig

Re: Favorite Books Reprise
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
I really liked how The Dark Tower ended.  One of my favourite endings, and it takes a lot to impress me.

That being said, some of the middle books dip heavily in quality, and one (Song of Susannah) downright sucked.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:12:42 PM »
I was slightly pissed by the way the series ended

Offline Isolde

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 06:45:02 AM »
well, I'm only on book four. I've loved the series so far. I have heard from people that the ending will make you mad but I'm ready for the disappointment. As far as Song of Susannah sucking, that is a shame but that wont stop me from reading the series  ;D

I'm curious why its so bad but i wonder if you could tell me why without spoiling too much of the book for me and others that haven't read the whole series yet (if more people who haven't read the whole series join this thread)