Author Topic: What movie / movie scene makes you cry?  (Read 29962 times)

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
Re: What movie / movie scene makes you cry?
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »
I feel that Click got no where near the recognition that it deserved.

Yeah seriously. It started out as a usual Sandler comedy, but eventually turned into a really good drama. And it didnt feel sudden or unnecesary at all; they did it very well imo.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas.

Dude, I went to the theater with three friends and a semi-packed crowd one afternoon. When it ended, and I dont exaggerate at all, no one moved, breathed, or spoke for a good 60 seconds.

One of the most memorable theater/crowd experiences I've had.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »
Benji, The Hunted.  It's been years since I've seen it, but there's a scene that made me break down watching it.

More recently, the scene from The Wall where the child Pink is at the train station waiting for his father to return got me choked up  :(
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »
Click, both of the scenes mentioned already.

The early montage in Up! with the guy and his wife, also previously mentioned.

In Toy Story 2, Jessie's song "When She Loved Me" kills me.

In "The Sixth Sense" when Cole tells his mom that Grandma says to tell her "Every day" and then asks what the question was, and she tells him.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 11:45:30 AM »
How about Deep Impact when the guy goes blind before he ever gets to see his new born? Then he hears him for the first time over the monitor.

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »
Any movie or story that has a close pet dying will make me cry guaranteed.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »
A Walk to Remember
Jack
Radio
Patch Adams (especially this)

Just found this

https://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2009/12/01/the-top-10-movie-scenes-to-make-guys-cry/

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 12:17:43 PM »
Shawshank Redemption
“Do you know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific?”
- and -
“I guess I just miss my friend.”

Ordinary People
“I’m not disappointed. I love you”
“I love you too.”

It’s a Wonderful Life
“Hark the herald angels sing…”

Rocky
It doesn’t make me cry, but I get really emotional at the end of the 14th round. Rocky gets up despite Mickey telling him to stay down. He looks at Apollo and says “c’mon” and Apollo just drops his head like “I can’t believe this guy is still going.”   
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »
I'm a total sucker. I cry all the time while watching movies.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 12:26:47 PM »
It’s a Wonderful Life

This is another good choice.  Same scene, when his brother comes in by surprise after being rushed in from the airport.  Great moment.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »
None. I've gotten very close with The Shawshank Redemption (the scene about the old man after he leaves the prison) and Inception (the end), but I've never shed a tear.

The only time I ever shed a tear over a work of fiction was a show called Clannad, and I think that was partially because I was lying on my side so the tear sort of fell out after welling up.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »
Never cried during a movie.  The only time I've cried was when I rewatched Six Feet Under... the series finale.

Movies / scenes that make me want to cry:

Leon - "I think we'll be OK here, Leon"
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - ending
Pan's Labyrinth - ending
Toy Story 3 - incinerator
It's a Wonderful Life - ending
Milk - candlelight march
Up - beginning
Life Is Beautiful - ending

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »
marley and me
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
So many things that have already been said, even including Click.

But man. Almost every season finally to Doctor Who, especially Doomsday. I can't help but cry.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: No real title here.
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »
None.

Seriously, back in college I offered $100 to anyone who could sit me down and show me a movie that made me cry. To date, no one's collected in the past 7 years.

What were some of the ones they tried to show you?

The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Titanic, Braveheart, Garden State... A lot of indie movies, too, but I don't remember a lot of their titles.

I have been meaning to check out Grave of the Fireflies for some time, though, I hear that one's absolutely heartwrenching.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2011, 02:02:42 PM »
There are probably others, but when Rocky gets knocked down in the 14th in Rocky I, I get a lump in the throat.  For as much as the rest of the Rocky series was "guy movies", the first Rocky is so good on so many levels, and by far my favorite.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2011, 02:03:01 PM »
None.

Seriously, back in college I offered $100 to anyone who could sit me down and show me a movie that made me cry. To date, no one's collected in the past 7 years.

The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Titanic, Braveheart, Garden State... A lot of indie movies, too, but I don't remember a lot of their titles.

I have been meaning to check out Grave of the Fireflies for some time, though, I hear that one's absolutely heartwrenching.

It is  :sadpanda:
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »
An old flick from 1983 starring Judd Hirsch and Kate Nelligan called "Without A Trace"; about a boy in NYC who is abducted. There are no clues, or solid leads. The entire film is about the hell his family (especially his mother) goes through, and the detective (Hirsch) assigned to his case. Over a year elapses, and everyone tells her she needs to move on. Hirsch won't give up, and he starts painstakingly tracking down every dead end lead. There is an old woman in Jersey who has a history of calling in all kinds of crazy calls to the police; aliens, Elvis, bigfoot....you name it. She phoned in a tip that the boy was living next door. Because of her history, no one believed her. One day, Hirsch and his young son get in the car, and he drives to Jersey, and sure enough...next door to the old womans house, the kid had been living with his abductor. A guy had abducted him to stay with his house bound mother while he went to work. Back-up arrives, the place is surrounded, and they liberate the little boy. He rides in the car with Hirsch and his kid back to NYC. In every burrough they pass through all the way to his mothers house, a new cop car joins the convey with lights, and sirens on until they drive up her street with about 50 cars in tow. During that 5 minute driving sequence back to the little boys home and his unsuspecting mothers arms...I bawl like a little baby. That movie used to be on HBO ALLL THE TIME, and I've seen it probably a dozen times, and I weep every time.

Also, my favorite film EVER is "It's A Wonderful Life". I have been gifted more than a dozen copies of that film through the years. I own an original movie poster from the movie and have collected a bunch of other memorabillia from it's cast through the years. I have probably seen that movie AT LEAST 80 times. I know all of the dialogue, and even once had memorized the credits. EVERY time Jimmy Stewart says "....That's right. That's right...Atta boy Clarence." I cry my eyes out.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
I haven't cried at a film since I was really young, but a couple of parts that I found very sad.

That had a lot of sad scenes, like the rewind when he's saying goodbye to his dad

That part in Click. Also, Brooks from Shawshank Redemption.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
*SPOLIER*

Inception:

"Remember when you asked me to marry you?"
"...Yes"
"You said you had a dream that w'd grow old together"
"...But we did...we did, you just don't remember. I miss you more than I can bare, but...we had our time together. And I have to let you go".

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »
Two come to mind, the moment in Field of Dreams when he asks his father,"Hey dad, want to have a catch?" and the scene in Forrest Gump when Jenny is throwing rocks at her old house where she was abused.

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
Oh, and Forrest Gump.

Yeah, the thing that REALLY got me about this movie was that the WHOLE movie, he's devoted to Jenny with all his heart and always lets her know how he feels for her and how important she is to him.  She rebuffs him repeatedly and then finally, Forrest has his chance to spend his life with her, she's finally his, and his devotion to her has not been in vain.  Such a triumphant moment.

Then she dies of AIDS.

Son of a bitch.
Yeah, it's such a beautiful story, and it ends so horribly but simultaneously happily. I seriously thought I would never get happy again when I watched it, I had just cried for an hour straight and thought I couldn't possibly produce more tears, and then those scenes came. I don't think I've ever cried so much in a single day.

The best thing was, I was watching it alone, and my mother came into my room for some reason just when I had started crying, and she was like "Aww, it is a sad movie?" Then she came in again later, and I was still crying, and she said "... okay, that must be REALLY sad." Then she managed to walk in again just when I was hysteric about just the scene you mentioned. She was like "OKAY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WATCHING." :lol

Toward the end of Into The Wild when the dad breaks down in the middle of the street. So sad.
Oh god. I saw that just a couple of weeks ago and the scene where he realized he was poisoned just made me break down entirely. I didn't cry but I felt like shit for the entire evening after that. When he reads that "without treatment, it always leads to death" and he just starts crying and desperately shoves his fingers down his throat without success, it was too much for me. And on top of that, when the movie was over, I found out it was based on a true story which I hadn't previously known, and knowing that someone actually went through that made me feel even worse.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2011, 03:13:15 PM »
SPOILERS ABOUT THE FILM "RUBBER":

The bit where the tyre is reincarnated as a tricycle.

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Toy Story: When the moving truck is leaving and Woody & Buzz are nearly out of options, woody has the bright idea to fire up the rocket Buzz is strapped to, because why the fuck not. They end up flying and Woody says to Buzz, "We're flying!" and Buzz says "This isn't flying - it's falling with style!"

Toy Story 2: (A) The scene with Jesse and her previous owner and (B) the scene where Woody needs to decide whether to go to Tokyo with his new friends or return to Andy, when he watches the old tapes of Woody's Roundup and 'You Got a Friend in Me' comes on.

Toy Story 3: The end, especially when Bonnie waves Woody and Buzz's little arms to Andy and when Woody says "So long, partner" but only until Andy says "Thanks guys". I hate that part.

I also cried when Scout met Boo for the first time in TKAM.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 08:45:56 PM »
The King's Speech

This one was hard to look at... especially the beginning.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »
Definitely Mr. Fredrickson's wife dying in Up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GroDErHIM_0
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 09:07:53 PM »
It's cheesy, and I hate Notre Dame sports in real life, but the end of Rudy makes me cry like a little girl.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 09:08:34 PM »
None.

It is  :sadpanda:

Even it didn't get me. It's depressing, like, I feel bad for like a week after watching it (same with Elfen Lied), but I never cried. Seriously Clannad is just about the saddest thing ever made by mankind.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »
click
the second harry potter (bring on the laughs, i know, but for some reason that john williams song with hagrid coming back pretty much gets me. it probably helps that i was like 10 the first time i saw it)

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2011, 09:40:31 PM »
The end of Gladiator

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2011, 10:12:24 PM »
I remember the last scene from Homeward Bound made cry like a little kid... well, it happens that I was a little kid.

There are many more but I can't remember right now.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »
Reading through these has made me realize how many there have been, Rudy, Field of Dreams, Forrest Gump. I was starting to tear up at the end of Dead Poet's Society because of the last scene and my sister was like, "Well that was dumb." :lol

And if you don't cry at the end of Band of Brothers you're pretty much a douche bag.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
That reminds me, the end of Rudy is awesome.  The music gives me chills.  :)

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »
That reminds me, the end of Rudy is awesome.  The music gives me chills.  :)
I've found that with a lot of movies, it's usually the music that does it.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »
There is this Christian movie called Facing the Giants, about a high school football coach. Really good movie (with an obvious moral message), but there is a part that I can't recall that is so motivating and yet, the way it plays out in the context of the movie, makes me cry like a pansy.

Offline Fnejk

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2011, 12:13:21 AM »
The ending of "Pay it forward"
My mother can't watch that movie since she knows how it will end, she litterally starts crying as soon as the movie starts.  :P