Author Topic: What movie / movie scene makes you cry?  (Read 29958 times)

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
Re: What movie / movie scene makes you cry?
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2011, 08:43:36 PM »
You know, I'm just going to go out there and say that Futurama has some really, really fucking great writing most of the time. It's unfair.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »
You know, I'm just going to go out there and say that Futurama has some really, really fucking great writing most of the time. It's unfair.

I know this thread is about movies and tear jerkers but Futurama is hands down my favorite cartoon TV show right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2011, 01:59:47 AM »
UP is a great one. It's kinda cool how half the film (beginning) is for adults.. and the other half (talking dogs adventure!) is for kids.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2011, 02:20:07 AM »
The Fountain always makes me tear up....

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2011, 03:52:37 AM »

But you know what has made me tear up most on repeat viewings? The endings of two episodes of Futurama - Jurassic Bark and The Sting. Anyone who doesn't get emotional at the ends of those episodes doesn't have a soul.

I don't know about you guys but I always get the most choked up over Luck of the Fryrish.
Oh god yes, I forgot about that one!

Agreed with sonata, Futurama is amazing.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2011, 07:19:02 AM »
I definitely have teared up watching movies before, especially anything involving someone losing a father since I'm usually at the movies with my dad and he lost his dad when he was young and I nearly had the same thing happen to me. I'm having a hard time coming up with specific movies where that happened though.

One thing that's made me tear up every time I've watched it is the second part of the House season 4 finale (where House was in the bus crash). One of the best two hours of television ever for me.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2011, 08:03:42 AM »
We watched Life is Beautiful in my sophomore year in High School... absolutely brilliant film and goddamn that ending...

Offline petrucci07

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »
The ending to Inception. Damn, that Hans Zimmer knows how to work an audience

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2011, 01:55:24 PM »
One that hasn't been mentioned yet is Big Fish.  Though it didn't hit me hard(got a touch choked up), I remember when my then girlfriend and I left the theater, a ton of women were consoling their crying boyfriends. :lol

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »

Inception makes you cry?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »
One that hasn't been mentioned yet is Big Fish.  Though it didn't hit me hard(got a touch choked up), I remember when my then girlfriend and I left the theater, a ton of women were consoling their crying boyfriends. :lol

Yes, I watched this recently, hits ya right there.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »
One that hasn't been mentioned yet is Big Fish.  Though it didn't hit me hard(got a touch choked up), I remember when my then girlfriend and I left the theater, a ton of women were consoling their crying boyfriends. :lol
Oh man how did I forget that? Wonderful film and ending!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »
Oh man how did I forget that? Wonderful film and ending!

Oh man, I haven't dared to watch this movie since my dad died.  I know it's going to be over once that ending hits.  Fabulous Burton movie.

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »
This may be an unusual one, but mine's from I, Robot.

It's the part when Will Smith is explaining how he got his robotic arm.  He talks about the car crash he survived and that the robot saved him instead of the little girl because he had a higher percent chance of survival.  I just feel really really terrible for that character having to live with that knowledge and that memory.  Makes me cry every single time.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2011, 03:43:13 PM »

Inception makes you cry?

So?

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2011, 03:48:54 PM »

Inception makes you cry?

So?

I'm not saying it can't.... i just....  dunno. lol

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2011, 08:56:03 PM »
Where to start... I feel like heaps of movies make me cry.

Hachi without giving anything away makes me cry from the moment he is left waiting for Richard Gere.
The other week I was watching Foxtel my movie was on after Hachi, it had 10 minutes remaining but no I was tearing up. It is a great movie if anyone hasn't seen it.

Titanic At the end where she appoaches the staircase with everyone around, letting go of Jacks hand, Mr. Andrews at the fireplace, the old couple in bed, the mother and her children.

Pixar, their writers are worth every cent Toy Story 2 Jesse left at the donation box, Toy Story 3 where Andy drives away for the final time, the furncae as well but more then end.

Field of Dreams, When Shoeless Joe tells Kevin Costner build it and he will come was for his father.

Mr. Hollands Opus When he realizes his son is deaf and will never hear his music.

Shawshank Redemption When Brooks dies, when Red says he misses his friend.....the score of this movie is fantastic.

Thelma and Louise When they decide to keep driving.

Forest Gump When Forest is talking to his son, watching TV, at the end leading him to the bus.

There are so many more, but these spring to mind.  :)

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »

Inception makes you cry?

So?
Uhhhhhhh. It's weird?

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »

Inception makes you cry?

So?
Uhhhhhhh. It's weird?

The ending can be pretty tragic, depending on how you interpret it (second time I saw it, I interpreted it as him still dreaming, which I found devestating, although I've since changed my interpretation).  Also, like Petrucci said, Hans Zimmer.  The track at the end, Time, is one of the greatest score pieces ever.

Offline petrucci07

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2011, 09:18:13 AM »

Inception makes you cry?

Not quite, but it's very moving.

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »

Mr. Hollands Opus When he realizes his son is deaf and will never hear his music.

How about when he sings and signs that song at the end for his son.  I was like, "I need something to drink" so I could go to the kitchen and wipe my eyes. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »

How about when he sings and signs that song at the end for his son.  I was like, "I need something to drink" so I could go to the kitchen and wipe my eyes. 

What about the very end when he gets to play his symphony and is suddenly confronted with the fact that his life was not, in fact, worthless?

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2011, 12:33:37 PM »
What's the Futurama where Fry, the Professor, and Bender went in the time machine and they had to keep going around until they got back to the right time? There's a scene in a cave that's amazing.

Futurama does that to you because usually you go in expecting comedy and then on occasion they're like "HEY, life lesson and/or really touching story going on here."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »
What's the Futurama where Fry, the Professor, and Bender went in the time machine and they had to keep going around until they got back to the right time? There's a scene in a cave that's amazing.

Futurama does that to you because usually you go in expecting comedy and then on occasion they're like "HEY, life lesson and/or really touching story going on here."

The Late Phillip J. Fry.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Bonham

• Either Zeppelin's drummer or "good ham"
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2011, 12:52:45 PM »

The Late Phillip J. Fry.
Other awesome examples: Luck of the Fryrish, and of course, Jurrassic Bark. I always change the channel when the latter one airs, even though it's one of my favorites.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »

The Late Phillip J. Fry.
Other awesome examples: Luck of the Fryrish, and of course, Jurrassic Bark. I always change the channel when the latter one airs, even though it's one of my favorites.

Yes, both of those were discussed quite a bit. Great episodes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2011, 10:35:35 PM »
Other Pixar movies were mentioned but Wall-E got to me tearing up at a couple spots. I'm a sucker for an actual well-made love story, even if it's made with some robots.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »
Star Wars ep III.  Where Amadala is confronting anakin about going to the dark side on Mustafar...  The thing that absolutely KILLS me is that I KNOW it's cheesy acting and writing... but it still chokes me up.  :blush

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »
I almost started to cry at the end of The Mist, but I got so depressed so fast I forgot to.

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »
I almost started to cry at the end of The Mist, but I got so depressed so fast I forgot to.

Oh man that ending!!!!  That is such a psyched out ending.  I felt mad rather than depressed or sad.  I didn't want it to end that way.  I literally felt mad at Stephen King for doing that do me.  Of course that's the genius of Stephen King to be able to take your emotions on a ride like that.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2011, 01:01:02 PM »

Oh man that ending!!!!  That is such a psyched out ending.  I felt mad rather than depressed or sad.  I didn't want it to end that way.  I literally felt mad at Stephen King for doing that do me.  Of course that's the genius of Stephen King to be able to take your emotions on a ride like that.

A buddy of mine claims that the movie ended differently than the book.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2011, 01:09:37 PM »
Brian's Song

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian%27s_Song
I was going to post that one too, but figured only five of us have probably seen it.  Heartbreaker.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »
Brian's Song

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian%27s_Song
I was going to post that one too, but figured only five of us have probably seen it.  Heartbreaker.

I tell my wife this is a man's soap opera.  Either things blowing up and dying or sports and people dying.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC