Author Topic: Nevermind, all set!  (Read 1278 times)

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Nevermind, all set!
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:14:44 PM »
I just found I have an application for a job that is due on Friday. I need to print out the application, but my printer is out of black ink. However, I can actually print something if the text is grey, and even though it comes out a little lighter, it still works.

Can anyone here edit PDF files, or know of a free program that will let me? I'm using Foxit now, but whenever I edit the file it puts a huge watermark on the paper, which will not look good on a job application. Would it be possible for anyone to just change the color of the text if I send the PDF, or know of a program that will let me do it?

Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:48:56 PM by ZBomber »

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: Urgent PDF Question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »
I know that with the Adobe Acrobat reader, .pdfs that have editable fields (like on an application) can be typed into, you probably just can't save a copy of it.  When printed, it should look exactly the way it should.  You don't need the full version of Adode Acrobat.  In Foxit, what's the watermark, some sort of thing for Foxit?

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:30 PM »
I know that with the Adobe Acrobat reader, .pdfs that have editable fields (like on an application) can be typed into, you probably just can't save a copy of it.  When printed, it should look exactly the way it should.  You don't need the full version of Adode Acrobat.  In Foxit, what's the watermark, some sort of thing for Foxit?

Yeah, its a giant red text block on the top of each page saying its been edited in a trial version of foxit or something.

I think I found one online that lets me do it, so I'm trying that now... hopefully it works.

Offline PraXis

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:41:20 PM »
I am a tech writer and use Acrobat Pro 8 very often. Let me know if I can help. :)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »
If its just colour correction then you should be able to just use an image editor that supports the format. Inkscape and Photoshop both support it.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »
I got it to work, I had to do a long process of editing it with foxit, uploading it to a PDF editor online, whiting out the watermark, and then printing it. And now I have to mail this application and hope it gets there before the deadline.  :lol

Thanks for the responses and offers for help!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Re: Nevermind, all set!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
Hope your application goes well!