Author Topic: So apparently...  (Read 4960 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
So apparently...
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »
The guy who killed my dad 2 years ago is going to trial.

Should I be happy?

cool starry bra
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
Re: So apparently...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:58:38 AM »
I'm sorry that happened to you... I don't really know what to say.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »
im shocked that is actually happening
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »
Well, I knew that your father had died (because you posted it earlier), but I had no idea that it happened this way.

Man, I don't know what to say either... I'd rather hold back any emotion (if possible) until the judgment.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
You should be happy if you think the guy could do it again to someone else. Sorry for the loss of your dad. Hopefully this can at least bring some closure to you and your family.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:22:16 PM »
I'm of the strong belief that everyone gets what they deserve in this life. So, I'd say it's a good thing.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »
idk why I made a thread on this.. it was just thing to kick me out of this depreasion.

its woerd though... because my family found via a radio news break. should we have been told?  unleas my bitch of a stepmother has been kept in the loop and has neglected to tell me. whatever. fuck her. lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 04:44:28 PM »
I thought it was standard police procedure to not release any names until they've notified the family, precisely for this reason.  Finding out from some TV or radio broadcast you happen to catch is not cool.

By the way, my sympathies for your loss.  And yes, you can be happy that the bastard is going to trial.  The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do move.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
his name was know since the begining.its a case of vehicular manslaughter.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 08:55:18 PM »
Oh, I thought you meant that's how you found out about your dad originally.

It's not as big a deal when they finally go to trial, but I'd think your stepmother would at least have been told.  But I don't know.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
Many sympathies dude, and I hope whatever you want to happen, happens.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 08:58:35 PM »
I only hope you find a touch of closure in this.  Hang in there bud.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 10:15:54 PM »
Was it a drunk driving case or something?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:49:33 PM »
not drunk driving. I will post a link on it when I get home.  idk even know if I want anything to happen to the guy.  I am just glad something is fiinally being done.  and I apologize for all the posts I've made over the past mo.th about all the shit going on in my life.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jsem

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 03:47:50 AM »
I hope he's there to drop the soap, dig what I'm sayin'?

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 05:37:24 AM »
Jay...I know you only got a thousand posts here, but don't ever feel bad about posting stuff like this. We (for the most part) are a very caring bunch at this site. Bosk and the mods keep trolls at bay, and generally the people that will respond in threads like this will do so in a heart felt and sincere manner...often with some really good advice.

I read the article.
I'm a little shocked you weren't kept in the loop by the authorities.
I don't know which way to council you, I've never been through anything like this.

but....man hug for you.......keep your chin up through this and do your best to get out of your funk and LIVE life....I'm sure that's what your dad would want.

Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 08:30:18 PM »
My step mother (who i havent talked to in over a year...) younger sister, aunt and I are meeting with the DA tomorrow.

And then next month we get to speak at the trial. I don't know how I am going to do this.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 08:34:46 PM »
My step mother (who i havent talked to in over a year...) younger sister, aunt and I are meeting with the DA tomorrow.

And then next month we get to speak at the trial. I don't know how I am going to do this.
By thinking it's a way to get to the end, (You need this so you can go on with your life) and you dad would want you to be a strong young man and make peace with yourself.  This will be cathartic for you.  Be strong.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »
I learned some interesting things. Like apparently he wasn't killed instantly. A passerby, who happened to be a doctor, tried to save him.

Also I am trying to write out a statement for the sentencing. They want me to speak. It will be sometime next month. I have to write out how this has affected my life. The problem is, I dont know where to start.

I will keep y'all informed

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
Wow. I pray you have some peace as you deal with those things in the coming weeks. Keep your head UP

Offline Adami

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
Based off the article, it seemed like a terrible accident, but I didn't see any sign of malicious intent.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
Based off the article, it seemed like a terrible accident, but I didn't see any sign of malicious intent.

The problem is he doesnt feel remorse. he has showed no emotion. at all. The day it happened, he was more worried about getting home than he was the fact that his actions just killed a man. During the trial, he told the jury my dad should have avoided him. (my dad had less than half of a second to react. It was impossible).  It was an accident. But his actions still took a life.

Wow. I pray you have some peace as you deal with those things in the coming weeks. Keep your head UP

thanks man.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »
Jay, we're here for ya buddy! hang in there.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Kosmo

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
My sympathies.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 03:16:30 PM »

I do agree with this. Accidents happen, unfortunately. I have lost quite a few friends to accidents that could have been avoided, but I mean, sometimes it is just unavoidable.

It is depressing that the guy reacted like that, though. What a douche.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 04:18:55 PM »
Well, I knew that your father had died (because you posted it earlier), but I had no idea that it happened this way.

Man, I don't know what to say either... I'd rather hold back any emotion (if possible) until the judgment.

Jay...I know you only got a thousand posts here, but don't ever feel bad about posting stuff like this. We (for the most part) are a very caring bunch at this site. Bosk and the mods keep trolls at bay, and generally the people that will respond in threads like this will do so in a heart felt and sincere manner...often with some really good advice.

I strongly agree. Don't ever feel bad about the posts you made, bro. Everyone needs to get things off their chest sometime, and we're all really lucky to have such a kind/caring community here at DTF to share with. I just hope you obtain some measure of catharsis

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 01:06:24 AM »
So apparently....

The sentencing is tomorrow... I was given less than a 24 hour notice. I have been waiting for weeks for some information...  and then I am told at  3pm the day before that I need to be at the courthouse at 8am...  And I was told this as I was on the way to Bakersfield...... fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk im stressed.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 06:14:54 AM »
I'm so sorry about your Dad, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  It does, by the article, sound like a terrible accident.  The lack of remorse thing.... I honestly can't know how the man feels.  I have a guy at work who 5 years ago killed a woman on the 405 in Orange county.  It happened at 4am on his way to work, the lady had dropped her cell phone and while reaching for it on the floor spun out and stalled the car.  She then got out of the car and got hit by my friend, she was also legally drunk.  My friend was not initially emotional about it, but more analytical.  Months later he had to do quite a bit of psych therapy to deal with his feelings and it really ate at him.

The Point, and sorry to drag this on, is that people react differently to incidents of this magnitude.  Like I said....I can't KNOW how this man feels, unless I were to have a heart to heart chat with him.  Hang in there Brother....and know you have people who care to give you what you need  :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
30 days in work furlough. And probation. That's what he got.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »
....wow
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Adami

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 01:07:41 PM »

Sounds like you have a lot of strong feelings that you aren't expressing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 01:10:29 PM »

That's weak. Unbelievable.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »

Did they give a reasoning? It still seems like just a terrible accident. Accidents happen. It sucks that the guy showed no remorse, but he may also be masking it...it may be a very hard thing to deal with as it is for you. Just trying to make some sense out of this, hope you're ok man

Edit: And emotions can cloud seeing things for what they are. Not that you shouldn't feel what you feel about losing your dad, but in the world of law and justice, emotion is not always used (I think)